Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2003 Steroid list leaked?

Everything leaked matches up so far:

The list?

I've seen articles that call it fake, but it's hard to confirm something like this unless someone with the actual list tries to debunk it.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I do not think that is the list. If the entire list leaked from anywhere credible ESPN would be all over it.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Half the redsox championship team, what a joke
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭
    That's the same list that had players names on there twice, and when confronted about it, the owner of the list changed the list out to reflect a new player in the stead of the double booking.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chipper Jones is in the HOF fer sure if this list is akarat.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    From what I read, Jeromy Burnitz's was the only name listed twice. The 2nd mention was deleted, hence the 103 names.

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I refuse to believe Valerio de los Santos was a juicer. REFUSE!
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Dimitri Young?? Wow he sure didn't lift any weights while taking them to bulk up??
    Obviously this is being billed as an "unconfirmed rumor" but with or without a "rumored list", we'll be speculating until the whole list comes out.

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Young was added because the author of the list was jealous of his card collection.
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    If not the list, it's some darn good guessing I bet.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too cheap to buy the untraceable stuff... Mark Prior - heh.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    happily surprized to not see Jeff Bagwell on this list.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    I believed in you Hector Almonte. And this is how you repay me?
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    The two confirmed by the New York Times are Red Sox? Oddly enough Andy Petite's name is not confirmed. .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Chipper not on the list.......HOF bound

A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • I think that list could be scarily accurate.
    The list is only allegedly the list of folks who tested positive in random drug tests.

A player not being on the "2003 Positive Test Results" list only means that they tested negative or weren't tested.

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>happily surprized to not see Jeff Bagwell on this list. >>

Me too, even though he was a favorite of mine. I swear once the steroid thing broke out his forearms which were like Popeye were very normal looking.
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Scary list.

I am sure there's a lot of valid names on it.
    MLB needs to come clean and just get the names out
    for once and all.
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    that list looks very accurate....

frank catalanatto suprised me...
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    ESPN article

Interesting read. Canseco is a scumbag but nothing he's said about who he knows used has been proven to be false yet. It's funny, but something's always been in the back of my mind after this card came out:

They played together in Oakland in the early 90s. Obviously this is pure conjecture, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Rickey was always trying to get bigger and if he saw the results Canseco and McGwire were getting, then why not shoot up to push yourself over the edge?
  • yanyak5yanyak5 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    What!!! Barry Bonds?? noooooooooooooo...you dont say?????....image
    Looking for an 8x10 auto photo of junior celebrating his 100 HR. lmk!
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>happily surprized to not see Jeff Bagwell on this list. >>

Second that. Though I too would not be surprised if his name eventually surfaces.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the list does come out, which should happen, I don't know if anyone not on the list can be assumed to be clean. The whole era is tainted.

Bartolo Colon surprised me. I didn't think cheeseburgers were considered a streroid.
    Mike
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    No Pujols? That list is obviously bogus then.
  • That list, the official one, or that one posted, is just the tip of the ice berg.

Fans, don't be stupid and think that just because a guy's name isn't on that list that he is clean.

You can bet the Bagwell's of the world were doing the same thing as everybody else. Or maybe you believe that he and only he was putting up super human seasons naturally...and then the way his body shrunk like a dried raisin at the end of his career being just a coincidence.

Frank Thomas fans, don't get too excited, Thomas is as big a suspect as anyone...especially with college football roots at the height of steroid use in that sport.

Griffey fans, don't hold your breath either.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Looks pretty close to what some folks might figure.

But, since I have doubts about the authenticity of
    the "leaked list," I am entitled to have doubts about
    its contents.

It is time for the commish to KILL the speculation.
    Time to speak; now.

Also, even the "real list," is NOT guaranteed to be
    all inclusive.

What a mess.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
    Folks need to understand that when you do "random drug testing" you're sampling "random" people. Just because a player isn't on the list doesn't mean that the player was even tested.

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks need to understand that when you do "random drug testing" you're sampling "random" people. Just because a player isn't on the list doesn't mean that the player was even tested. >>

///////////////////////////////

Yup.

And, that makes things even worse.

The "list" has about 10% of players on it.

If only 25% of players were tested in that round, the total
    number of users in the league was, obviously, MUCH greater
    than 122.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

<< <i>That list, the official one, or that one posted, is just the tip of the ice berg.

Fans, don't be stupid and think that just because a guy's name isn't on that list that he is clean.

You can bet the Bagwell's of the world were doing the same thing as everybody else. Or maybe you believe that he and only he was putting up super human seasons naturally...and then the way his body shrunk like a dried raisin at the end of his career being just a coincidence.

Frank Thomas fans, don't get too excited, Thomas is as big a suspect as anyone...especially with college football roots at the height of steroid use in that sport.

Griffey fans, don't hold your breath either. >>

This list means nothing to me. While I suspect many names on it, if not all, to be correct, I'm not naive to think that's it. I don't think Frank Thomas used PEDs, not because of a list, but because of nearly 2 decades of outspoken requests to clean up the game of baseball.
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see Garciaparra on ESPN last night. He was sweating bullets. He might be on his way to Mexico as we speak. Basically when asked he gave an answer to the effect "some guys wanted to test positive so that the mininum number would be met to force the implementation of mandatory testing."

GEESH

And I thought Arod's "cousin" excuse sounded like it came out of the mouth of a 12 year old.

If that list is accurate it looks like the Red Sox may have been pushing PED's to gain a competitive advantage.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    [email protected]
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    "They played together in Oakland in the early 90s. Obviously this is pure conjecture, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Rickey was always trying to get bigger and if he saw the results Canseco and McGwire were getting, then why not shoot up to push yourself over the edge?"

yeah when I heard Canseco say that Rickey was the first person to come to my mind as well...it would almost have to be a recent inductee and after you eliminate Sandberg, Boggs, Gwynn and those types and given that Rickey came back to the A's in '89 he's the best guess.

<< <i>"They played together in Oakland in the early 90s. Obviously this is pure conjecture, but it really wouldn't surprise me. Rickey was always trying to get bigger and if he saw the results Canseco and McGwire were getting, then why not shoot up to push yourself over the edge?"

yeah when I heard Canseco say that Rickey was the first person to come to my mind as well...it would almost have to be a recent inductee and after you eliminate Sandberg, Boggs, Gwynn and those types and given that Rickey came back to the A's in '89 he's the best guess. >>

"Canseco won't name who he's talking about, but he did say it's not his former Oakland teammate, Rickey Henderson, who was just inducted at Cooperstown.

"I have no knowledge of Rickey using steroids in any manner, shape or form," Canseco said in an interview with 950 ESPN radio in Philadelphia."

link
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

who gives a rats arce who is on the list....get the whole frikkin list out there with whoever is on it and let's move on!!! Ask the fans last night if they care if Ortiz was on steriods in 03 when he it that clutch homer last night!!

• << <i>Did anyone see Garciaparra on ESPN last night. He was sweating bullets. He might be on his way to Mexico as we speak. Basically when asked he gave an answer to the effect "some guys wanted to test positive so that the mininum number would be met to force the implementation of mandatory testing." >>

Commissioner's office already stated that Garciaparra's claim was false and that no one was allowed to admit to a positive test without actually being tested.

<< <i>Did anyone see Garciaparra on ESPN last night. He was sweating bullets. He might be on his way to Mexico as we speak. Basically when asked he gave an answer to the effect "some guys wanted to test positive so that the mininum number would be met to force the implementation of mandatory testing."

GEESH

And I thought Arod's "cousin" excuse sounded like it came out of the mouth of a 12 year old.

If that list is accurate it looks like the Red Sox may have been pushing PED's to gain a competitive advantage. >>

I think it is funny that the Red Sox fans have to get off their high horse and accept the fact that their 2 WS titles were powered by Roids. I guess Theo isn't at smart as he thinks he is. Also is Billy Beane really as smart of a GM as Moneyball would like you to think? The Bay Area was Roid central.
    Mike
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it is funny that the Red Sox fans have to get off their high horse and accept the fact that their 2 WS titles were powered by Roids. I guess Theo isn't at smart as he thinks he is. Also is Billy Beane really as smart of a GM as Moneyball would like you to think? The Bay Area was Roid central. >>

I think it's funny anyone thinks any of the last 15-20 years teams were clean of steroid use.

In this era, "inject the steroids" is as much part of the game as "advance the runner," sadly enough.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do manage to clean up the game, I wonder if we'll see the return of pitchers being able to start 30+ games per season without blowing out their arms. If they aren't on PEDs and they aren't having to try to put away hitters that have superhuman strength, that may minimize pitching injuries.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    So the last great power hitter is Reggie Jackson all though Reggie was in Oakland in 87 and Canseco, Mcgwire and Weiss?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    This may be blasphemous, especially with the logo above my username..

But could it be...Nolan Ryan.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it is funny that the Red Sox fans have to get off their high horse and accept the fact that their 2 WS titles were powered by Roids. I guess Theo isn't at smart as he thinks he is. Also is Billy Beane really as smart of a GM as Moneyball would like you to think? The Bay Area was Roid central. >>

I think it's funny anyone thinks any of the last 15-20 years teams were clean of steroid use. >>

The last non-roid team to win it all was probably the 1988 Dodgers. The only real power hitter they had was Gibson.
    Mike
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    the 91 Twins weren't exactly teeming with power...they had Chili Davis who hit 29 and I think he was implicated in one of the roids scandals but otherwise that team was more than likely clean as no one else hit more than Hrbek's 20.
  • Let's face it - the list is conjecture and the rights of the players to privacy was supposed to be protected during this random test, hence there won't be any fallout from the league.

If Baseball (and I use the capital on purpose) wants to clean up, then they need to do year round random testing with major suspensions, just as cycling and track now do. Those sports have had periods of intense drug use and they are now way behind in getting the fans to believe in a clean sport.

Give everyone amnesty as of this year. Test positive starting in Jan 2010 and get a two year suspension. Deal the juice and get a lifetime ban. Simple.
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks
  • 1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    List is accurate but there are many, many others to come
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Oh! the humanity. image

<< <i>Give everyone amnesty as of this year. Test positive starting in Jan 2010 and get a two year suspension. Deal the juice and get a lifetime ban. Simple. >>

PED testing has been a mainstay in baseball since 2004. There is no more amnesty in my opinion. Of course, anything that happened before then in off limits from professional persecution by the nature of this situation. However, those on this list deserve to be held to the court of public opinion. The names will come up, trickling down when some third party decides the time is "right." The MLBPA needs to take away the shock factor, remove the power from the hands of those leaking information, and just come clean.