Home Precious Metals
Options

Mined a little Silver today

I went to Grand Forks today, before leaving town I stopped at Bremer bank and bought $500 worth of half dollars. When I got home I looked through them and when all was said and done I found 7-40% Kennedies, not great but at least I found something.

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's out there, but it never ceases to amaze that you can find silver for the taking. Well done!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    yeah it's hard to believe that you can still find some Walking liberty or Franklin half dollars along with 90% and 40% Kennedies. Another thing that's kinda neat to find is proof Kennedies, I've found 25 in rolls with my best find to date a nice cameo 1970-s silver Kennedy.
  • Options
    One thing I haven't gotten in a long time are any Walking liberty halves, my cousin got a 1945 last year at his bank out of the drop off box and a teller at my bank got a nice au 1943-D out of a roll of halves from the fed.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite teller put these aside for me last year...

I dipped the red one in acetone, put it in a flip with its mintage and a smidge of history, and gave it to her next time I went in image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>My favorite teller put these aside for me last year...

I dipped the red one in acetone, put it in a flip with its mintage and a smidge of history, and gave it to her next time I went in image

image >>

Classy move all the way!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My favorite teller put these aside for me last year...

image >>

Classy move all the way! >>

I agree that was a classy move. It sure helps to have a teller look out for certain coins for you as earlier this year a young gal at my bank called and informed me about some older date half dollars and when I showed up there were 2-1964 Kennedies along with 12-40% half dollars. I tried to pay her some money or offer to buy her a soda but she didn't want anything, if this happens again I'm gonna do what you did and give a coin back to her with perhaps a little history lesson.