Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2009 National LETS SEEM SOME PICS!

2009 National Sneak Preview Night.. I want to see some pics!!!

I know who you are! You are back at your hotel with you giant bag of free swag! Lets see it!

Comments

• Nothing special. Only ones I've seen thus far.

imageimage

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    who else is there beside Andre???

• << <i>who else is there beside Andre??? >>

Unsure if complete/correct.

National signers
    imageimageimage
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Thanks for the pics and keep em coming. That artist is at every show I go to. He has very nice stuff but a bit out of my price range. I rechonize the mens can behind the guy signing the auto.
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Steve asked me to post some of the highlights from the BBCE booth. Two 1955 Topps All-American cello packs were opened tonight. 20 cards per pack, Steve estimates 5-6 cards per pack were sure 9's, with any of those having a chance at 10's.

Opening the pack

Pack 1

Pack 2

Baugh

Dooley

Henry

O'Brien

Reynolds

------
    stupid print dots

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice rip-a-roo.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • OH MY GOODNESS!!! image

Those are soo beautiful image
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Steve had some big dollar boxes marked sold in his case too!
    Very nice!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    HOLY SH*T!

AWESOME!

Do you know what the pack sold for?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    !!!!!WimageW!!!!!
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How'd he get the cards to stick to the window?

Steve
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Every card had a gum stained back. What are the chances of that?

It's just the angle that the pictures were taken.

------
    stupid print dots

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Always drives me crazy when I see a pack like that ripped open and the cards are just laying there all naked and what not. If I were to ever have the bizzawls to crack a pack like that, each card would go into a CS1 before even looking at the next card. Thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH for sharing this with us! image

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna somehow try to get some sleep while dreaming about ripping open a 54-year-old pack! image

• << <i>How'd he get the cards to stick to the window?

Steve >>

Glue image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for sharing.

I saw some nice cards.

Mike
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Great cards. One of the best (if not the best) vintage rips I've seen in terms of overall condition.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Wow, great cards and really nice centering!

"Molon Labe"

• Wow that's a hefty price for a Polamalu auto...

Flats Up to & Including 11x14
    $140
    Mini Helmets, Footballs & Flats Larger than 11x14
    $160
    Full Size Helmet, Jersey, Number, Artwork
    $180
    Inscription - One accomplishment per inscription or personalization up to 5 words
    $60
    Photo Opportunity
    $160
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i was there today but didnt find much i was looking for older opc baseball and just dealers asking psa 8 prices for raw cards that were way overgraded....i was disappointed...steve hart did have some very nice stuff though...and there was one guy there with a ton of 50s and 60 clementes
  • csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Im already saving for next year. It'll be my first National

Those were some beauty's that were pulled from that pack.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking cards...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it's been 10 years since I last went to the National....

I'm going back next year, dammit!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

<< <i>

<< <i>who else is there beside Andre??? >>

National signers >>

Meant to say Thunder Thornton.....was anyone else there signing when you saw Andre???? that's what I meant to say...al.
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Seeing that rip and reading this board is going to make it impossible to get work done today knowing this is right down the street. Stupid modern technology and your instant access.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>who else is there beside Andre??? >>

National signers >>

Meant to say Thunder Thornton.....was anyone else there signing when you saw Andre???? that's what I meant to say...al. >>

I'm not there. image Like many, wish I was.

imageimageimage
  • Ferris Wheel frame in the back?

imageimageimage
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Yep, it has a Ferris wheel. I went to the National when it was there two years ago. It’s nice, big place. I went to get Tom Seaver’s autograph on my 1969 Mets ball. He cancelled at the last minute.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once watched two guys do a pack war with 61 Fleer BKB. $1,000 a pack. First guy pulled nothing but a KC Jones RC. Next guy had Bill Russell IA as first card, second was a PSA 9 miniumum (best centering I've seen) Chamberlain RC. Both the first pack guy and the dealer who sold the packs looked like they were going to puke.

This wasn't at a National, but an annual show in Chicago.

Wonder how many of these types of rips there are left to be done?

The hobby needs a warehouse find pronto.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.

<< <i>Seeing that rip and reading this board is going to make it impossible to get work done today knowing this is right down the street. Stupid modern technology and your instant access. >>

There is an excuse to get out of everything.

Jake: No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.
    [Elwood covers his head in anticipation of more gunfire, Jake removes his sunglasses to make a wordless appeal, and the Mystery Woman visibly softens]

Thanks for keeping us home bodies updated with pics!
    can't wait until Sunday....taking my whole family. They are having a $25 for up to 4 person admission price. Can't go wrong with that.

al.
    Bump! I know you who are there are either tired from walking all day so your either relaxing in your hotel room or sucking back some cold ones, or both.

Either way lets see more pics!
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Yea I am exhausted from walking...but didn't bring my camera. I will try to get some photos uploaded tomorrow.
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I will miss the show. An upcoming golf vacation with my buddies and buying tickets to the Reds "Signature Sunday" event with my son have knocked a hole in my card money stash.

If anyone runs across any 1977 OPC (baseball) unopened packs or boxes, take down the sellers info and PM me. I'll be forever in your debt and will pay a finder's fee upon purchase.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Hey tell Kyle to stuff it with his PSA 8 priced raw cards image

I am at my Hotel in Cleveland, I just got my PSA 7 1953 Satchel Paige in the mail before I left. I pick up a 52 Bowman Mantle PSA 4 tomorrow. I leave for France on Sat. Lifes good.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Would LOVE to see more pics of people's booths, if someone has a camera. I love the displays people have. If anyone can help me live vicariously...
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone show a picture of BBCE's booth before everything was purchased? I'd be interested to see what he had.
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Where does Steve Hart keep coming up with all this stuff??
    I would like to see some pictures of the coporate area. Is Topps there this year? They were noticably absent last year. (Other than eTopps that is).
  • bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    At the Memory Lane booth, they are displaying some of Donald Spence's Mantle cards. I think I stared at them for about 30 minutes. Here are a few pics:

Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Um ...
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
    Sorry if the glass blurs the cards, I tried to clean up all of my drool. I think about put my head through the glass a few times trying to get a close up view of those babies!
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Wow!
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    I am not a baseball guy, but I can apprecaite amazing cards....WOW!
    I've learned one thing at the Nationals: If you start feeling arrogant (guess I can't use the work coc*y) about your own collection and how awesome it is, just come here and you'll quickly become humbled. Some of my best pieces would hardly qualify to make the cut for some of these display cases.
    Registry Sets

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've learned one thing at the Nationals: If you start feeling arrogant (guess I can't use the work coc*y) about your own collection and how awesome it is, just come here and you'll quickly become humbled. Some of my best pieces would hardly qualify to make the cut for some of these display cases. >>

That is definitely true for me.

My collection is humbly smaller and of less grade quality.

But IMO, it's not the value of the item but how the collector "values" it that gets me excited.

On occasion, I've seen people come and - perhaps - try to be the 'big fish' in the little pond but soon run out of [hot] air and move on.

mike

edit: Spence's card are sweet - thanx for taking the time to share.

Mike
  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I've learned one thing at the Nationals: If you start feeling arrogant (guess I can't use the work coc*y) about your own collection and how awesome it is, just come here and you'll quickly become humbled. Some of my best pieces would hardly qualify to make the cut for some of these display cases. >>

That is definitely true for me.

My collection is humbly smaller and of less grade quality.

But IMO, it's not the value of the item but how the collector "values" it that gets me excited.

On occasion, I've seen people come and - perhaps - try to be the 'big fish' in the little pond but soon run out of [hot] air and move on.

mike

edit: Spence's card are sweet - thanx for taking the time to share. >>

I often times get jealous of all the great cards on this board and wish I had a better collection. Then I think to myself how much joy collecting has brought me over the last 35+ year that I get over it quite quickly. Just having some great cards of great players and enjoying the history and memories is enough for me. Though, a PSA anything Mantle, let alone a 10, just blows me away! Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I just got back from my 1st ever trip to the National - all I can say is WOW!! For me, it was almost a sensory overload of all things collectable. Why didn't I bring my camera? image

All of those Mantles at the Memory Lane booth were impressive; just as impressive as the two T206 Wagners that were sitting right next to them in the display booth! The eye candy they had handing out literature at their booth was nice to look at too. image

I talked a little bit with Graig Kreindler - the artist from this thread - and I have to say that his artwork is even more beautiful in person that any internet image can convey. He was working on a portrait of a young Ted Williams during the course of the show today.

Can't wait to schedule some time off for next years' National!
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Geez, how amazing!!! MORE PICS, PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!! Thanks guys
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky