Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone ever heard of the Federal Coin Fund, Dover DE?

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
I just got one of those coworker: "hey, you like coins, can you check these out for me?" situations. I wont go into the long of it (they had some NICE mint items in there and lots of original silver and mixed moderns)... I did see a few weird items from the Federal Coin Fund. To me, looked like way overpriced type things which were targetted at not sophisticated collectors. Just curious about the history of the company..... (It looks like the original collectors wife bought them as gifts for him image )

On a brighter note, there were 3 packaged silver coins (86 ASE, Morgan, Peace) which were common, but took MAGNIFICENT toning from the cardboard packaging! Im going to borrow the 3 coins to take home to image and share here!

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that's just one of the telemarketers.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty sure that's just one of the telemarketers.
    TD >>

From the paperwork she left with the coins themselves, absolutely.

I wont tell you what was paid for the 1 lb silver round in the shape of an ASE image
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll resurrect this Federal Coin Fund post as a crosspost with the precious metals forum to get more eyes on it. I have a similar question about the origins & legitimacy of my 1 pound silver round I purchased in 2019 without a box, COA or any indication of silver fineness on the edge. Any additional help would be great. Full disclosure, it cost me $215, the edge has a serial number of 3171, and it was massed at 373+ grams.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know what you guys find out.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 9:52AM

1 lb. let’s see 16oz? No 12 troy. Ok now 373 grams 31gms troy oz ? 31 x 12= 372. so looks like troy no wait …for troy is 31.01 only adds .12 to total. Sooo sounds kinda ok weight wise 🤠

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the story on the real Morgan dollar? It looks to be very nicely toned from what I can see.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the silver dollar.... but since this is a resurrected 1 1/2 year old thread since the last entry.... I'm sure it has even more toning.

----- kj
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's .999 fine silver worth spot.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file