Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1963 Yastrzemski..need help grading....UPDATE: graded popped PSA 7

Picked this one up recently raw and wanted to submit to PSA. Please note the smudge/scratch on the face of the card. How will PSA view this?? The rest of the card is really nice but wonder if it is worth it to send to PSA?? Thoughts??

-Claude

grade: 16288463 NEAR MINT 7 1963 TOPPS 115 CARL YASTRZEMSKI

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    psa 7 chaz
  • PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Those light scratches could pull it down to a 6, maybe a 6.5

PoppaJ
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Are those scratches or print lines? It may be a moot point but I know there are a few issues where PSA tends to turn a blind eye toward printlines if they are extremely common ('54 Topps for instance). If that's the case then it could easily pull a 7 (depending on the top corners).
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Still a nice card but I'd say a psa 6 maybe a 6.5.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure on that Claude.

They look like print lines and ink smudges on the borders - I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped it to a 6 or 7 since the overall card is sweet.

I really like the card - the blue is absolutely perfect!

Good luck if ya sub.
    mike
    Mike
  • PSA 6.5
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    The image is blown way up so you guys good get a good view. With the card in hand it is hard to see anything but the ink smudge on the left border. The corners are great and the blue is fantastic with just the tinest white dot underneath the "M" in his name.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    7... maybe 7.5, nice card
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Might come back a 7 or higher since they sometimes don't pay much attention to print lines. Right to left centering might keep it out of an 8 slab though. Worth sending in no matter what.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen several 1961 8's with a similar print smudge on the boarder. I think the combination of the smudge and the print line would probably drop it to a 7 but you never know. Depends on the grader and the day.
  • i think youll get a 7, but without the smudge an easy 8
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I just sent in a 63 Yaz on the group sub and mine looked a lot like that except my bottom right corner had white showing. I got a 6. I think your's is a bit nicer and will get a 7.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the concensus here, probably a 7. It is still a great looking card.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    i gonna go high psa 8 or 7.5
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    updated with grade...... 16288463 NEAR MINT 7 1963 TOPPS 115 CARL YASTRZEMSKI