Home Metal Detecting
Options

Any Australians or Alaskans on here?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen some crazy gold nugget hunting videos on Youtube! People pulling out 3 oz nuggets and bigger. Australia looks like Mars and is probably just as hot--- I've been to Alaska and almost got carried off by mosquitos. I guess if it was easy everyone would have gold nuggets laying around. imageP

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the old prospectors said - "Gold is where you find it." I suggest, if you wish to find some nuggets, plan a trip to Moore's Creek with a good detector (preferrably a White's TDI). You get to keep all the gold you find. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    8.7 OZ. GOLD nugget found in Mojave ! ! !
    http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/may/28/gold-rush/

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moore's Creek sounds awesome! I'd prefer to stay out of the blazing hot sun.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was someone from Australia that posted here earlier this year. He found a ton of coins on playgrounds.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I have panned gold right here in Maine, found a couple of pieces but the guys that have the best places on the stream are very emphatic about not crowding them and their setup.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A neighbor of mine moved to Alaska recently (company move).
    I need to head up north and check in.
    Another friend ( Gem trader) visited the opal mines down under
    and brought back some awesome quarried sheets of mineralized
    opal in bedrock. He said the gold detecting is done with giant
    metal detectors mounted on trucks!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions