Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody see the 2009 S DDR on Ebay?

2»

Comments

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Enlighten me....why would you keep proof sets sealed in the Mint shipping box???

What if they are all crusty??? So much for returning them....

I don't think there is a First Strike for Proof sets so......why???? >>

Excellent questions.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Open them proof set boxes. I found lots of problems. No DDR though.
    I'm not a vigilante, I'm an undocumented border patrol agent!
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Enlighten me....why would you keep proof sets sealed in the Mint shipping box???

I bought a lot of 10 and then 20.

I opened the box of 10 and looked through them, graded some and sold some.
    Got busy at work, went away for a coiuple of days,,,,,,
    6-7 will be gifts,

Not a high priority I guess.

Joe

<< <i>

I bought a lot of 10 and then 20.

I opened the box of 10 and looked through them, graded some and sold some.
    Got busy at work, went away for a coiuple of days,,,,,,
    6-7 will be gifts,

Not a high priority I guess.

Joe >>

Thats good enough for me Joe!

I opened mine with the sole intention of looking for DDR FY Cents and I was only disappointed 64 times!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>I opened mine with the sole intention of looking for DDR FY Cents and I was only disappointed 64 times! >>

You bought 64 mint sets? Why?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I only opened mine because errors were found and was super surprised to find 2 of them. I still don't understand why this is being kept so quiet.

<< <i>

<< <i>I opened mine with the sole intention of looking for DDR FY Cents and I was only disappointed 64 times! >>

You bought 64 mint sets? Why? >>

Actually, 65 proof sets.

The name is LEE!

• << <i>Actually, 65 proof sets. >>

...and I thought I went overboard ordering 5 this year image

I guess I didn't go overboard but I sure thought I did when I had 13 of these and didn't know what to do with them.
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I checked the mints site and my 3 units were shipped on 06/04/2009. I will have to check them tonight.

Update: I checked the 3 sets and no DDR's.
    Good luck with them.
    Am I wrong on this?

The first graded PR67 DDR recently sells for $2600, with a starting bid of $2500.

The same seller now lists a PR69 DDR with a starting bid of .99c.

I'm sure it's probably to save on listing fees, but wouldn't it tick you off that the 69 now has the potential to sell for less than the 67? .....I would

He also claims to have searched over 3000 sets, isn't that $10k from the mint? Yet his online sales in the last 15 days have been 95% toys.

• << <i>Am I wrong on this?

The first graded PR67 DDR recently sells for $2600, with a starting bid of $2500.

The same seller now lists a PR69 DDR with a starting bid of .99c.

I'm sure it's probably to save on listing fees, but wouldn't it tick you off that the 69 now has the potential to sell for less than the 67? .....I would

He also claims to have searched over 3000 sets, isn't that $10k from the mint? Yet his online sales in the last 15 days have been 95% toys. >>

I actually know who the seller is. He's another dealer here in Michigan. He sold a bunch of Transformer junk due to the movie coming out probably. He sells a ton of coins to other dealers and generally just seems to play with ebay. Mostly dealer to dealer stuff, but he has a brick and mortar shop that does coins in mid michigan. I did talk with some of the other guys in the area and he searched everyones sets. He even went to a couple of bulk dealers and went through their sets.
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    There are a number of huckster like statements in these listings (he has two of them up currently).

Statements such as "Possibly most if not all of the other coins struck from this dramatic error die were destroyed by the mint! ", really turn me off.

Possible that most were caught and destroyed, yes possible. Possible that all were caught, no.

Either no attempt was made to investigate how many others are possibly out there or the seller may well know others exist and is making a very grey if not out right shady statement.

<< <i>[he has a brick and mortar shop >>

Is that a numismatic term?
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the seller cashing in on his finds. His aucton wording is simply stuff thats been mentioned here or what he has been told.

I'll probably do the same when my coin arrives as hopefuly it will be slabbed as the discovery coin. However, I won't start it at $2500.

In the meantime, I just sit and squirm since I could have really use that $2600!

BTW, " (he has two of them up currently)." he only has one up.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file