Home Metal Detecting

When a park or beach has closed for the season

Is that a green light to get out there and search the place? Or is it closed to all activity. Seems to me if it were closed there wouldn't be a park ranger to scare you away.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth a phone call to clear that up.... do you see people walking dogs etc? Or is it totally sealed up to human entrance? I would have thought that just meant no more picnics etc... RickO
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    When it gets too cold to go swimming I would think it should be ok to swing a coil on the sand. It's not like you would clobber someone in the shins with it.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.... I can understand ending the swimming season, but see no reason to close the park completely to other casual uses. Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Why wait until the end of the season to detect there? Get permission during the season because after it's closed, someone else might have already beaten you to the riches!
  • konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Just go on bad weather days when few if any people are there. Or go late fall - early spring when the weather is warm enough to detect but too cold to swim