Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

4 Sharp Corners Did Me Right

I thought you guys might want to know my recent experience with 4 sharp corners. As you know I'm a Pittsburg Pirates collector. I won an auction of a 1976 Topps John Candelaria PSA 9 from 4SC 6 or 7 weeks ago. The card never arrived, but they refunded my money without a problem. I was a little ticked because I needed that card for my registry and I don't see that card often on ebay.

I continued to search for the card.

Well Monday night I saw 4SC listed a 1976 Topps PSA 9 John Candelaria card. I called them Tuesday and I spoke with a nice rep named Tracy. I told her what happened and asked if they would stop the auction and sell me the card at the price I won the auction 6 weeks ago. Tracy stopped the auction and sold me the card. It arrived today. I thought this was great customer service from 4SC and wanted to pass that along.
"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Comments

• B-

Was it the same cert? I had a similiar thing but they said it was damaged in transit and returned to them by usps. 6 weeks later to find it back on the bay same cert.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>B-

Was it the same cert? I had a similiar thing but they said it was damaged in transit and returned to them by usps. 6 weeks later to find it back on the bay same cert. >>

In that case, the card may have been fine and simply sent for a reholder. Not saying it happened or defending them, but it is possible.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it had the same cert.
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    4SC gets some crap here on occasion, but I have never had a bad experience with them. Very cool for you.
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

• Bull

I agree. Wasnt cracking the whip just holding it. Just urked me a card I really wanted and didnt see it till auction ended.
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    4SC is rock solid as a seller. I never had a problem with them. The shipping can be expensive, but
    they do combine if you buy multiple items.

• << <i>4SC gets some crap here on occasion, but I have never had a bad experience with them. Very cool for you. >>

Ditto everything above, and I'll add that I have purchased from them at least 7 or 8 different times.
    Great example of customer service.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

• << <i>4SC is rock solid as a seller. I never had a problem with them. The shipping can be expensive, but
    they do combine if you buy multiple items. >>

Could not agree more......
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you should decide to spend your hard earned money with 4SC, the trick is to buy at least 15 cards at once.

1st card = $4 shipping
    2nd card = $2 more shipping
    3rd card = $2 more shipping
    every card after that = 25 cents more shipping

Shipping for 15 cards = $4+$2+$2+(.25*12)= $11 shipping for 15 cards which is less than 75 cents per card.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    A very large portion of my Ripken set is from 4SC. Top notch all the way. I do buy many at once to try and soften the higher shipping rates. If you noticed, they insure their own cards, so we should take that into account when wondering why their rates are so high. USPS Insurance starts at $1.75, and in my opinion, 4SC is more reliable than the USPS when it comes to refunding your money when there is a problem.
  • As a Pirate collector with a Pirate icon, please realize the H at the end of Pittsburgh!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>As a Pirate collector with a Pirate icon, please realize the H at the end of Pittsburgh! >>

Skilow= Resident CU Boards Editor and COMPLETE DOUCHE BAG!
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    This card doesn't have an H at the end. http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=9758
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

<< <i>As a Pirate collector with a Pirate icon, please realize the H at the end of Pittsburgh! >>

Thanks for noticing, next time I need a proof reader I'll let you know. when I typed the post last night , I just got home from working a 13 hour day.

If you read down what I collect at the bottom of the post you would have noticed that it was a typo.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    At one time years ago 4SC had terrible cs. Now that has all changed
    I buy all the time from them. I collect player sets and one card can cost $4 to ship.....so the strategy is buy a lot of 5 or more.
    That way it's easier on the pocket.....they allow a week of purchases to be one in one lot. very nice.

FYI I checked VCP......the image of both 4sc auctions for the 76 candelaria are indeed different cards.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • My apologies if it was a typo. I just get sick of people not realizing the H.
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>My apologies if it was a typo. I just get sick of people not realizing the H. >>

Not a problem-- we all realize that skilo can be a little tempermental, but we're sure he means well.
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

------
    stupid print dots

• Glad to see I have a whole new set of stalkers who have had no dealings with me; just keep attacking like the SHEEP that they are. Keep throwing the gradeschool attacks, they really help your image! I hope carolj feels the same way! Baaah, bammed! Worth it??
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4SC gets some crap here on occasion, but I have never had a bad experience with them. Very cool for you.
    Pete >>

I agree...I have also had great experiences with 4SC.

Brian

<< <i>My apologies if it was a typo. I just get sick of people not realizing the H. >>

No problem! image
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    This one stuck around...

Very positive thread...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what percentage of 4sc threads get deleted.