Home Metal Detecting
Options

the town has ripped up about a 1/4 mile of sidewalk

and I'm headed over to get there first, (they did it today) and my first choice is in front of the old school. The street dates back to early 1800's, probably won't find much but the part where the grass met the sidewalk is of interest to me. There are some old houses along the way too so it could get interesting.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• Options
    good luck...can't wait to see how you make out....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better beat Demodigger there. Hope you find some "old" stuff.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds promising. Report back as soon as you can!
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Well it was a bit disappointing. Lots of foil gum wrappers, who'd a thunk that, right in front of an elementary school. I spent about 10 minutes locating a carelessly tossed pop top but I did find it. I was fortunate enough to find a childs ring that has an amazing glass stone in the center and I have no idea what kind of metal it is but it's black. Found a 1986 nickel and a 1979 Memorial cent. Several old square nails and many "hot rocks" But, I only searched about 30 feet of the 3/10's of a mile torn up ( I clocked it this time out) I may drive there tomorrow if I have time to analyze the stretch some more.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    Black could mean it's silver. I've found silver pieces like that.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots more ground to cover, do not give up. Cheers, RickO