Home Sports Talk
Options

Will Halladay Be a Cardinal?

My St Louis connections say its a done deal....

Halladay wants to go to a team with a chance at the WORLD SERIES....Toronto is hopelessly blocked by Yanks Boston and Rays.... they may NEVER AGAIN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

he wanted to see how he did at the plate (at the all-star game)...he did better than he thought and is now comfortable batting (making a switch to the NL more desirable)

the Jays are going to accomodate Halladay and trade him to HOWEVER HE WANTS.....they want to show the league they know how to take care of a star (more free agents may choose Toronto in the future)...

CARPENTER is his buddy and apperently Carpenter told someone who my contact knows that he (carpenter) talked Halladay into playing in "the best baseball town in america".....

Go Cards 2009 World Series!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    your connections....

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Nope, I am guessing he will end up a Yankee.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am hoping he becomes a Dodger as long as they don't have to give up the whole farm. I hate seeing former Dodgers, like Edwin Jackson, in all-star games.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    This has Angels written all over it
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it is not the Red Sox. Whomever trades for Halladay will likely have to mortgage their team's future in terms of prospects, pay another $20 million/year to one person (assuming Halladay gets an extension out of the deal), and win right away to make the deal seem worthwhile to its fans.
  • Options
    He is worth the prospects and the money. top 5 pitcher in baseball with very few as durable and consistent.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    no way toronto will trade him to the AL east....

dothey want him to beat them for the next 5 years?
  • Options

<< <i>I hope it is not the Red Sox. Whomever trades for Halladay will likely have to mortgage their team's future in terms of prospects, pay another $20 million/year to one person (assuming Halladay gets an extension out of the deal), and win right away to make the deal seem worthwhile to its fans. >>

Agreed.

Also, Halladay will feast on those easy national league lineups. I say he wants to pitch in the NL because he knows his
    career numbers will greatly improve there.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angels, Dodgers, or Cardinals, unless the Yankees stupidly throw Mellky, Hughes, 2 good prospects, and $25 million plus per year at him -- Which will be about $35 million with the luxury tax.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I'll go out on a limb and rank the possibilities:

#1 - Giants (Sanchez, Bumgarner and Alderson brings back Doc and Alex Rios -- Halliday, Lincecum and Cain will be tough to beat in a short series!!!)
    #2 - Anaheim (Quite a few prospects in their system, some major league talent with low salaries -- Brandon Wood might finally get a place to play in Canada)
    #3 - Phillies (Again, a few nice prospects and some low priced major league talent, although I doubt they'll add Drabek)
    #4 - Cardinals (Not sure they've got enough to get this done, but they are in the "other" league)
    #5 - Rays (SHOCKER! Will the Rays put Price in the deal to make up the gap in the AL East? Will Riccardi set the Rays up to be perrenial contenders?)
    #6 - Rangers (Tons of top shelf prospects and the Rangers love to get rid of their young arms)

Forget Boston and the Yankees. Riccardi will ask too much for both of them to part with. The Jays will want Bucholtz, Bard, Bowden and more from the Sox and they'll want Joba, Hughes, Jackson and Montero from the Yanks. Way too much for either of them to give up for a 32 year old starter that will want his contract extended at $100M+ for 5 more years before agreeing to a trade.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    To quote Stacy London, "Shut up!"
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    otwcards, did you grab that avatar from JGARCI?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>otwcards, did you grab that avatar from JGARCI? >>

No, I uploaded and posted it myself about 2 months ago...
  • Options

<< <i>My St Louis connections say its a done deal!!!!! >>

My connections say your connections visit the Anheiser Busch brewery instead of the Anaheiser Busch stadium image
  • Options
    Anyone who signs Halladay to a long term deal is foolish. He has logged a ton of innings in the last 5 or 6 years and it is just a matter of time before he breaks down.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>

Guess it was just another night that Larussa went heavy on the sauce.

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Guess it was just another night that Larussa went heavy on the sauce. >>