Home Metal Detecting
Options

interesting night at the beach.....

ok...i decided yesterday that i would finally draw up my md'ing cartoon/comic for the sfthc monthly news letter....i decided to pick on the "high swingers", you know, the guys that walk the beach swinging their coil a foot above the sands for my first attemp at humor.....i drew up a couple cartoons then showed them to max...we laughed and agreed on one...anywho, with that done i decided to hit the beach last night....as i'm strolling along in the wet sand i notice a hunter working the dry sands....yup, he's a "high swinger".....i decide to go over and say hello as he is a newbie to MY beach....after talking to him for a few i realize he's one of the good guys and i offer him a little tip to improve his find totals...i explain that unless gold levitates, waving his coil a foot above the sands is not the way to find any burried treasures, yada, yada, yada, then we part ways....i continue along in the wet sands heading south, he works the dry sand heading north.....no sooner than i hit the wet sands i pick up a silver ring...cool.....a little while later i get a ss ring...ok.....then i get a loud signal...soda can ? ...i dig anyways and look in my scoop to see 3 quarters...ok....still another signal...hmmm....keep digging...more quarters.....after digging for 20 mins in a six foot area i had dug exactly 60 quarters....15 bucks.....holy cow, now thats some pocket spill....a first for me.....now that i got meter and lunch money for next sundays trip to sobe, i decide to head north to the truck and then home....along the way i ran into the former "high swinger" and he's running towards me.....oh lordy whats he found ? first thing out of his mouth is "man i wanna thank you so much"....then he pulls out a nice, big, fat, sweet, heavy, awesome gold bracelet and drops it in my hand....he says "do you think this will be enough for me to sell and get an excalibur?" ...after feeling it's heft in my hand i say, " i think so".....son of a gun......i'm gonna keep my yapper shut from now on... i called max on the way home and he was like "dude thats twi-light zone stuff man"...i had to agree....hope you all get out and find some goodies.....hh

last nights totals.....$15.60 in clads....3 rings, 1 ss, 1 silver, and i cracker jack model....along with the usual assortement of bottle caps etc, etc.....hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story Dubba.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a beach n00b and really learned a lot from this! I need to hit those wet sands! I have the Santa Cruz Boardwalk about 20 minutes away from me.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff on that beach.... great finds...HH RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG. Your 60 quarters beat my 52 pennies from one spot last week. The most quarters that I have found in one spot is 13.
  • Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    I remember an interesting night at the beach, too.
    That was before my metal detecting days, though.
    I was young and single, and so was she.
    Ya,................................. I still remember that night.image

Ray
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember an interesting night at the beach, too.
    That was before my metal detecting days, though.
    I was young and single, and so was she.
    Ya,................................. I still remember that night.image

Ray >>

Was it late December, back in '63?
  • Options
    thats why they call em "nights to remember" .... hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage