Home Sports Talk
Options

If Manny is suspended from baseball shouldn't that include the minor leagues as well?

Something does not seem right here.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLB and the MLBPA have language written into the collective bargaining agreement to cover such circumstances, so per the CBA, Manny is doing something "legal"
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Oh, I knew it was legal, I meant to imply that it just makes his "suspension" look like a joke.
  • Options
    I can't understand why people think this should be an issue or that is is some sort of farce. The Dodgers are going to play 50 games without Ramirez, as per the MLB drug policy. The only question I would have is why hasn't he played more games in New Mexico
    Tom
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, I knew it was legal, I meant to imply that it just makes his "suspension" look like a joke. >>

How do you figure? Does playing in the minors help the Dodgers win any games? No.. Anything Manny does while in the minors doesn't affect anything in the major leagues. He was suspended for 50 games and he did not play one game for the Dodgers during the suspension. It looks to me that justice has been served.

<< <i>I can't understand why people think this should be an issue or that is is some sort of farce. The Dodgers are going to play 50 games without Ramirez, as per the MLB drug policy. The only question I would have is why hasn't he played more games in New Mexico Text >>

I thought Manny should have spent every moment during his suspension showing the fans and the Dodgers he was committed to being 100% game ready when he comes back from his suspension.

Brian