Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1991 Topps Desert Shield PSAs

I am currently working with my son to finish our 1991 Topps Desert Shield in PSA 9 or higher before I retired from the Army. If you have any that you would like to sell or trade please contact me. There are several cards in my showcase that I would be willing to trade in order to complete my set.

Thanks,

James
"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

Comments

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Since you are a collector of this set, what do you know about the checklist cards that came in these packs? Do they also have the gold foil logo at the top? I opened a few of these packs several years ago, and I pulled a checklist without a logo.
  • BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152

<< <i>Since you are a collector of this set, what do you know about the checklist cards that came in these packs? Do they also have the gold foil logo at the top? I opened a few of these packs several years ago, and I pulled a checklist without a logo. >>

i know you asked me before and never got back to you.

here are a few from ebay, crappy pics but as i can tell they do not.

checklist
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dialj...

image to the boards and good luck with the Topps Desert Shield set...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    How can they tell if they're from the DS set or not? Are the cards numbered different from the base set? I still have my checklist card, so if there is a way to tell, I'll send it in to be graded. Thanks for the info! image
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
    I have never seen a Checklist with the D/S Logo on it. There is a variation of one of the checklist.

James

• ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I have a Randy Johnson PSA 9 available. What do you have for trade? Please turn on your PM and we can discuss.

Thank you
    The list of my extra 1991 Topps Desert Shields' are posted in my showcase. I am new at the forum, so I am not sure about using PM? I am interested in the Johnson.

James

Am I the only one who has noticed a large number of 1991 Topps Desert Shield PSA 9's up for sale lately on Ebay? Does anyone know if someone on the registry is braking up their set? Please let me know.

James

• minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested in the two George Brett cards from this set. If you have extras, please let me know. thanks
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I have noticed large volume of mostly 8s and some 9's on ebay. Saw lots of sequential cert #'s so I'm guessing some dealer just had a box or two graded, rather than a registry set break up. There is 1 complete registry set for sale currently.

I am somewhat new to the DS set and got involved when purchasing cards for some of my player registry sets and really loved them. Currently looking for Bobby Cox/Dave Justice/John Smoltz in 9/10. Thanks.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
    I didn't notice the set up for sale. Did you see who it was or what they were asking? Can you explain "purchasing cards for some of my player registry sets"? I am fairly new to the message board and the registry, though I have been putting the set together for a while now. Who far have you gotten on your set? If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

James

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    James- With the player registry set, I was just referring to the fact that I first got turned on to Desert Shield when I bought my Dale Murphy DS for my Murphy registry set. You can register player sets just like you can company sets or team sets.

270419294367 is the Ebay ID for the current complete set up for sale in PSA 8.

Lastly, are you the guy with all the graded spares from 91 DS set? If so, I may be interested in your psa8 Chipper. PM me with a price if you want to sell it. Didn't look like you had an extra Bobby Cox.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
    Funny, I know the guy selling the Ebay set and have purchased cards from him in the past. I do not have the PSA 8 Jones anymore, but if you look at my showcase under my name, you can see the other D/S cards I have extra. They are all PSA 9. I have yet to figure out the PM communication. Is it like IMing through Yahoo? Could you send me the directions of how to do this? Thanks

BTW, once I get to Germany, I will look through my Murph cards and see if I have any odd ball ones for you. I lived in Atlanta for 10 years and always followed the Braves.

James

• al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Click on the tab that says Profile, scroll down a bit to where it says Allow Private Messages, click yes and save it.