Home Precious Metals
Options

USPS sux...SO does APMEX NOW PAYPAL SUX!

Purchased some small gold bars & few ounces of silver from a guy in Austria 2 Months ago. He shipped it Registered mail and it was scanned in New york the same day. No movement since then and USPS Can't tell me anything. I wonder what happened to it? I don't like the fact you have to write what's in the package on the customs form as everyone who handles it knows it contains gold/silver. Doesn't help the business name is Melo's Gold empire or something like that. I purchase PM's from overseas all the time and normally receive package within 2-3 weeks.

Wouldn't be such a big deal if I got a refund normally but I can't find these pieces anywhere else and the guy doesn't want to ship to me again b/c of this trouble.

Edited to add:

I was worried that the Post office workers may have scanned the packaged delivered and stuck it into my PO box. 2 days in a row last week I received Packages addressed to someone else and One Addressed to the postmaster which was their Stamp order for the month. This has happened before as well. I mentioned to the postmaster she may want to give a pep talk or something but she didn't seem to be concerned about it. If she was not my "friend" I would be filling complaints.

APMEX:
Every time I place an order with them I have troubles. This last ordered they charged me for it 3 times and I had to call a bunch of diff people to fix it. What I really don't like about them is the way they list their items for sale. Not the normal bullion but the stuff I like image They had these Gold rounds for sale, 4 of them. Description: 4 Various gold rounds, Since we have more than one of these you should rely on the pic to see what you will get. Of course they don't have a picture and from the Description I took it as they have at least 2 different designs. Received them today and they are all the same. I would have only purchased 1 had I known this.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS sux, amen to that brutha.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had no problems with USPS so I think they are ok.

Cars keep us updated.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Purchased......from a guy in Austria 2 Months ago. He shipped it Registered mail and it was scanned in New york the same day."
    From Austria to scanning in New York in the same day? The USPS does suk, but that's the fastest suk job I've ever heard of.
  • Options
    I thought that was strange also but when I asked they said that is normal. Airplanes...
    Its all relative
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    UPS is a suckopatamus.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    I have no ties to APMEX, but here's something they did that was so good I have to tell it. when the 24K buffs came out I bought 6. Sold one a month later on Ebay. Buyer said it
    had a ding on the edge, I said send it back after I noted they all had sub-miniature dings. Nothing that I would be concerned about.

Called apmex, they said send them back and we'll hand pick 6 w/o dings.

End of the story. That makes me trust them. They didn't have to do that.

Best,
  • Options
    Jungle,

Don't try it again, even if you have to bite it, or you run the high risk of being castigated and bammed from their good company. image
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    I've never had a problem with APMEX, sometimes I have to wait for them to ship my order but that's only because my check has to clear.
  • Options
    Norseman88

I sincerely hope you never do.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I've never had serious problems with them. However, out of the 4 times I've purchased from them, 3 times I've had minor issues. I also have issues with the way they list items but I guess that's just me. Others don't care as much about what they are getting as long as its bullion. I like to know exactly it is I'm purchasing. I know I know, Purchase somewhere else then right? lol

Cliff notes:
    1st purchase, Ordered Credit suisse bars, Received Pamp suisse. Actually better than credits but still should have received what I purchased.
    2nd purchase, Ordered 1 oz generic silver bars, Received rounds
    4th purchase already explained above.

Like I said, Not big problems but still problems.

They do ship fast & for that I'm thankful.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< Cliff notes:
    1st purchase, Ordered Credit suisse bars, Received Pamp suisse. Actually better than credits but still should have received what I purchased.
    2nd purchase, Ordered 1 oz generic silver bars, Received rounds
    4th purchase already explained above.

Like I said, Not big problems but still problems >>>

Well those are all legit gripes IMO and you should get what you order and not be surprised and/or disappointed when you receive your package. I also remember reading somewhere here that someone ordered BU Morgan dollars from APMEX and received coins as low as XF's??? Considering that APMEX claims they employ professional numismatists and they go through extensive training as far as grading, mistakes like that seem inexcusable IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>Norseman88

I sincerely hope you never do. >>

Have you had problems with them?? If so I'd like to hear what happened, maybe I've been lucky but honestly I haven't had a problem with them.
    When Silver was really cheap awhile ago the local coin shops were virtually empty when it came to 1-10 oz. bars or coins so I bought a bunch from Apmex and after waiting for my checks to clear the items were sent with all items accounted for.
    I'm not saying they're the only place to buy bullion from as I prefer to buy locally but when they have no supply of what I'm looking for I turn to Apmex.
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    Apmex has been perfect everytime I used them..of course it was only 3 or 4 times but no complaints. and i have the nicest USPS worker in NYC.
  • Options
    NorseMan88,

If you do a search of APMEX in PM, mine will be the second one.
  • Options

<< <i>NorseMan88,

If you do a search of APMEX in PM, mine will be the second one. >>

OK I'll check it out but right now I've got to get to bed.
  • Options
    Well...Another mistake from USPS. I had ordered some Palladium bars on eBay with my cashback(s). Today my Brother brought me a package from my parents where I had the bars shipped b/c I wouldn't be home for a few days. The guy from Downing street brought the package to my parents house on Downing Road thank goodness. They had delivered to the wrong address. This use to happen all the time years ago but haven't had a problem with it recently. They had to wait until I'm due to get an expensive package of course.

An update on that gold I purchased in first thread and hadn't received yet....Still have not got it. Tracking claims still in New York. Still no refund from paypal or seller either. It has been Well over 2 months now. I opened the dispute on the 44th day of non delivery as there is a 45 day deadline. Its been open around a month. I plan to give them a call tomorrow. I was being patient as I really wanted them and thought they may show up but I guess not image.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    I have placed 19 orders with AMPEX and each time my order arrived FAST and all items were as advertised!. I live in a rural town and know the post master in my post office well he never sends my AMPEX packages out he locks them in the post office safe where I always pick them up.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options

<< <i>Well...Another mistake from USPS. I had ordered some Palladium bars on eBay with my cashback(s). Today my Brother brought me a package from my parents where I had the bars shipped b/c I wouldn't be home for a few days. The guy from Downing street brought the package to my parents house on Downing Road thank goodness. They had delivered to the wrong address. This use to happen all the time years ago but haven't had a problem with it recently. They had to wait until I'm due to get an expensive package of course.

An update on that gold I purchased in first thread and hadn't received yet....Still have not got it. Tracking claims still in New York. Still no refund from paypal or seller either. It has been Well over 2 months now. I opened the dispute on the 44th day of non delivery as there is a 45 day deadline. Its been open around a month. I plan to give them a call tomorrow. I was being patient as I really wanted them and thought they may show up but I guess not image. >>

I see you're on the Palladium bandwagon too!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I have placed 19 orders with AMPEX and each time my order arrived FAST and all items were as advertised!. I live in a rural town and know the post master in my post office well he never sends my AMPEX packages out he locks them in the post office safe where I always pick them up. >>

Same here, although I've only placed 4 orders with APMEX I live in a rural town and know the postmaster so I haven't had any problems.
    I do see that living in a city could potentially cause problems as the package is handled by more people and the more times a valuable package circulates the better the chance of theft or losing it through incompetence.
  • Options
    I've been picking up Palladium for about 2 months now. Esp when I find a good BIN price where I can use my cashback image
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>I've been picking up Palladium for about 2 months now. Esp when I find a good BIN price where I can use my cashback image >>

Good for you, not only have the prices been fairly low but if you can eliminate the huge spreads and buy close to spot then I think at some point in the future you will reap some fairly sizeable rewards, however you will have to be patient.
  • Options
    Another thing you will find is that at times Palladium is almost impossible to find in small bar or coin form especially when the prices are low.
  • Options
    Woke up this morning to a resolution to my case on the missing package containing gold/silver bullion from the overseas sellers.

The email said they were unable to grant me a refund b/c the seller provided proof of shipment (tracking #). Last year I had an exact same scenario in reverse. I was the seller. I provided a tracking number but item was not delivered. Paypal granted the buyer a refund after only a few short days stating proof of shipment was not enough I had to prove that it was delivered.

I called paypal to ask what was going on. They told me every country has a different set of rules to follow. Item was shipped from Germany. Apparently they only need to provide proof of shipment, Not delivery to win a claim. I asked about the "buyer Protection" I should be covered on. We don't show the item is covered by the buyer protection. Big surprise there. The one time I need it I'm not covered. After arguing with them for a while they told me they can appeal the decision and if the seller can't provide my signature for the package they will refund my money. Now I have to wait another 10-14 days for this to happen. That will break the 3 month mark on this mess. I'm really irritated but learned a few things.

Don't purchase from Germany. Always pay with Credit card so you can file charge back if necessary. I know the second one has been shouted many times before but I've always felt safe seeing how seller had to provide proof of delivery.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    If you paid using a credit card via Paypal contact your card issuer.
  • Options

<< <i>Woke up this morning to a resolution to my case on the missing package containing gold/silver bullion from the overseas sellers.

The email said they were unable to grant me a refund b/c the seller provided proof of shipment (tracking #). Last year I had an exact same scenario in reverse. I was the seller. I provided a tracking number but item was not delivered. Paypal granted the buyer a refund after only a few short days stating proof of shipment was not enough I had to prove that it was delivered.

I called paypal to ask what was going on. They told me every country has a different set of rules to follow. Item was shipped from Germany. Apparently they only need to provide proof of shipment, Not delivery to win a claim. I asked about the "buyer Protection" I should be covered on. We don't show the item is covered by the buyer protection. Big surprise there. The one time I need it I'm not covered. After arguing with them for a while they told me they can appeal the decision and if the seller can't provide my signature for the package they will refund my money. Now I have to wait another 10-14 days for this to happen. That will break the 3 month mark on this mess. I'm really irritated but learned a few things.

Don't purchase from Germany. Always pay with Credit card so you can file charge back if necessary. I know the second one has been shouted many times before but I've always felt safe seeing how seller had to provide proof of delivery. >>

Cars, I've got a question for you why do you do business overseas?? are there unique items you can only find out of this country or can you simply buy and sell better overseas??
  • Options
    I did not use a credit card.

Yes, they sell items over there that are next to impossible to find in the USA.
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Purchased some small gold bars & few ounces of silver from a guy in Austria 2 Months ago. He shipped it Registered mail and it was scanned in New york the same day. No movement since then and USPS Can't tell me anything. I wonder what happened to it? I don't like the fact you have to write what's in the package on the customs form as everyone who handles it knows it contains gold/silver. Doesn't help the business name is Melo's Gold empire or something like that. I purchase PM's from overseas all the time and normally receive package within 2-3 weeks.

Wouldn't be such a big deal if I got a refund normally but I can't find these pieces anywhere else and the guy doesn't want to ship to me again b/c of this trouble.

Edited to add:

I was worried that the Post office workers may have scanned the packaged delivered and stuck it into my PO box. 2 days in a row last week I received Packages addressed to someone else and One Addressed to the postmaster which was their Stamp order for the month. This has happened before as well. I mentioned to the postmaster she may want to give a pep talk or something but she didn't seem to be concerned about it. If she was not my "friend" I would be filling complaints.

APMEX:
    Every time I place an order with them I have troubles. This last ordered they charged me for it 3 times and I had to call a bunch of diff people to fix it. What I really don't like about them is the way they list their items for sale. Not the normal bullion but the stuff I like image They had these Gold rounds for sale, 4 of them. Description: 4 Various gold rounds, Since we have more than one of these you should rely on the pic to see what you will get. Of course they don't have a picture and from the Description I took it as they have at least 2 different designs. Received them today and they are all the same. I would have only purchased 1 had I known this. >>

AMPEX was good to me this week! I exceeded their $5000. max credit card limit and called them on the phone they said no problem and placed another $10,000 order for me. They were polite and professional.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    haha, Tell Gecko that lol

Edit: Still have not received my $ back image
    Its all relative
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered a big green monster and some 1oz gold coins from APMEX a few weeks ago. They shipped quickly and everything came by UPS, not USPS this time. Two separate packages. The gold was sent 2-day and the silver came a little slower.