Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

I need images of Three Cent Silver (Trime) Counterfeits

I'm eagerly searching for MORE examples of Contemporary Counterfeit Trimes (three cent silver's) for inclusion in an upcoming book.
I've located around 10-12 different examples already, but I know there are at least a couple more out there.

Your contribution to this project will be referenced (somewhere) in the book (either at the beginning or end).

If you have any PLEASE, I beg you to, PM me about what you have, and we will work out the finer details from there. image

Thanks,
Winston

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I know this is going to be a shot in the dark image
  • Options
    CUD
  • Options
    Bueller image
  • Options
    I know they're out there, it's just a matter of which one of you members has one and knows or doesn't know they have one! image
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you so much Prethen image
    That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Now, about those Trime Cud's! image
  • Options
    TTT image
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, the search continues image
  • Options
    Still a searchin.

Will also give a finders fee to anyone who locates an example before I do image
  • Options
    After a month hiatus, I am back and still searching for these coins.

PM me with what you have or direct to where I can find them image

Thanks
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    This thread has been dead for 2 months, and I was only able to find 1 additional counterfeit (bringing the total to just 8)!!!
    Yes, these are scarce. But even if you have a POS example, or know someone who does, please, PLEASE let me know image
    I don't necessarily want to purchase an example, rather I am just assembling a photographic catalogue of known pieces.

Also, I am looking for CUD Trimes. If you happen to have an example please let me know; looking to buy or photograph for cataloging known examples.

Thanks yall image
  • Options
    I got a hit last night, so I'm hoping someone from the morning/early afternoon crew can be of assistance image
  • Options
    How will the mid-day crew fare for me today image
  • Options
    For the Late-Late crowd image
  • Options
    Anymore?
  • Options
    I'm not giving up the hunt, but I'm not going to let this post run for much longer image

So, if you have one, please contact me so that I can catalog it image
  • Options
    2.5 months later, and I'm still searching. I've picked up a few leads since, but I would like to see if I can tie up a few loose ends with more examples.
    Any and all assistance in this matter would be so greatfully appreciated image

Thanks a bunch for all that have helped me out already image
  • Options
    Got some help yesterday and would like to see if there are any more out there image
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Try getting in touch with Scarsdale Coin.... Jon Lerner is a Trime Guru and he may be able to help.

Oh yeah, change your Avatar back, that blonde with the beer was smokin image
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    I'll try Jon when I'm down at the FUN show.

If anyone else has any in the meantime, PM me, I would like to talk image