Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Token and Medal Society

DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
The Token and Medal Society, Inc. is an educational and non-profit organization devoted to furthering the exonumia field consisting of all forms of tokens, medals, badges and other items of a related nature.

The aims of TAMS are:

To promote and stimulate the study of tokens and medals

To cultivate fraternal collector relations

To encourage research and articles and recordings pertaining thereto

To disperse information and knowledge in a society journal

To advance interest and prestige

To promote meetings at conventions

To promote and encourage distinct classifications at exhibits

To endeavor to determine values of rarities

To permanently record historical information relating to tokens and medals by publishing original works by members, and by reprinting old works not readily available to average collectors.

More info on the TAMS web site --->

Comments

• NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I belong to the Pacific Northwest Token and Medal Society, since my medal interests are only within Washington State. I really enjoy the quarterly meetings, a lot of rare and interesting medals and tokens are traded by collectors.

I have read the Token and Medal Society is more involved with tokens than medals, if I were to join a national club it would be the Medal Collectors of America.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • seduloussedulous Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 3:28AM

Found this. Golf

What is a "Partner's Club / Charter Member" ???

EDIT: I found some info where somebody stated this: "I joined the partner's club when it first started out. I bought a lifetime membership, and for the first couple of years (because it WAS associated with the PGA tour) I received products for testing, a monthly magazine, bag tag, etc. After the first couple of years, the magazine delivery became erratic at best, and then stopped coming altogether. Then I weas informed that the PGA tour discontinued their association with the partner's club. I have not received anything from them in years, and I am very disappointed and upset that I shelled out so much money and have no contact from them whatsoever..."

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed this thread and very worthy of bumping it up so people can join.
    It’s a very worthwhile society and I’ve learned so much by being a member.

I have a few medals but these are my favorites.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file