Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone buy raw lots on ebay from newenglandsportscards?

Looking at a large lot of "mint" cards and wondering how nice their cards are. I would be happy if 3-5% of the lot pulls a 10. And anyone know if its true that they are an alternate ID for 4SC - selling the raw cards they don't grade?
pete
Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    You may check previous threads on this subject. I think it was pretty conclusive that these were 4SC retreads and few would grade higher than 8
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Garbage : plain and simple ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtract 2 grades.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    You can subtract 2 grades for many of their graded 10's as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Looking at a large lot of "mint" cards and wondering how nice their cards are. I would be happy if 3-5% of the lot pulls a 10. And anyone know if its true that they are an alternate ID for 4SC - selling the raw cards they don't grade?
    pete >>

I would be SHOCKED if 3-5% of the lot pulls a 10 image

Wait, I would be shocked if you got 1 PSA 10 out of any of their cards
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I've bought a lot before and none were grade worthy. I wouldn't waste my money chasing sub worthy cards from them. If they were grade worthy, they'd already have graded them
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    DrKDrK Posts: 58
    Any lot sold by newenglandsportscards has been picked over at least a dozen times. Their whole business is buying sets, picking out the decent cards and dumping the junk. The only way I would buy cards from them is for firewood.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Well that's some overwhelming feedback in the "con" department. Disappointing as there were some nice scans, but obviously there's no guarantee those cards are representative of the lot. Thanks!
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    It's fine if you want to put together an exmt to nm set...but you have to be willing to accept cards that are off center, rough cut, dinged, soft, etc. But dont think you will find something worthwhile to submit unless you arent very good at pregrading. If you do find something good enough to submit, it is worthless based on a very high pop.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hatters! image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    -Buy with Confidence image

• Options
    Perfect cards for TTM autos, but that's about it.
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Maybe, in their part of the country, they have a different definitions of what a vending box isimage

Or, that certain players could be found upwards of 20+ each from the same box.

1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    all the cards are rejects that they cant send to psa...also some are trimmed... stay away
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    So who would be a good dealer for raw vintage lots like newenglandsportscards sells?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    My nickname for newenglandsportscards is "2 Sharp Corners"

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to buy a 1983 Topps Traded Strawberry for $10, but after reading this thread, I will pass.

If Newenglandsportscards is just a dump for cards not PSA worthy via 4 Sharp Corners, then forget it. The scans look nice, but that does not mean one would get PSA 9 or above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330490012870&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Probably an O/C card that looked better out of an 8 holder...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I have bought several cards from them in the past knowing that if they were to be graded the best would be an 8.If you want 9s and 10s look elsewhere.
    The only raw card seller that calls them right IMO is Mike Wheat.Cards that I have purchased from him and sent in for grading came back as indicated.However do not try finding too much post 80 stuff in his cards.
    I have had good experience with gaspipe for 75 topps.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the reinforcement. I do not want to set myself up for disappointment. If they charged $5, I would go for the card I mentioned because it is more likely a PSA 8, than a 9.

The card is actually centered from side to side. The top to bottom is off, but still very good and within the parameter of a PSA 9. Maybe the corners are soft or something about the edges or surface may be questionable. The centering is really the only thing visible with a good scan. The rest is somewhat of a gamble.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee