Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 lincoln ddr thread for "BOX DATES AND NUMBER FOUND"

Comments

• Options

<< <i>It's only $345 a month if you want to join image >>

image ONLY????? Do they offer anything in return for being a member, or are they just weeding out the little guys?
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's only $345 a month if you want to join image >>

image ONLY????? Do they offer anything in return for being a member, or are they just weeding out the little guys? >>

The end all be all place to find wholesale numbers on everything.
    True wholesale numbers as in ship it to me and get a check now numbers.........

and other than that yes they offer the weeding out of the little guy. Another benefit.

So yeah pretty serious people on the tape there.
  • Options
    Despite what all the naysayers are spouting, I think the CDDR-02s and to a lesser extent the CDDR-01s are going to be the huge flipper play this year. I am all in!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I am too. I have not even looked at any of the other errors as of yet and will not until I see that they are worth something. I am retiring at the end of this year so I will have plenty of time to do it then with my dino light.
  • Options

<< <i>Despite what all the naysayers are spouting, I think the CDDR-02s and to a lesser extent the CDDR-01s are going to be the huge flipper play this year. I am all in! >>

What do you think about the WDDR-006 (the big MO-FO finger)? That sucker is quite impressive and harder to find....
  • Options

<< <i>I am retiring at the end of this year so I will have plenty of time to do it then with my dino light. >>

Did that last year at age 58....great move image
  • Options
    PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>

What do you think about the WDDR-006 (the big MO-FO finger)? That sucker is quite impressive and harder to find.... >>

The "Skeleton Finger", as Billy Crawford calls it, is much less prevelant. I would jump on the Ebayers selling them for $10-$14. Their desire to turn a quick buck will be your windfall when all is said and done.

The 3rd design is less than 30 days out, and FY (LP2) production has ended.
  • Options
    So I went into the 'black boxes'......the 'secret' ones w/all the errors. That's what I heard on this list.

The picture says it all:

4 rolls gave up 45 double thumbs and about the same of another error whose number I don't recall.

Also 4 of the extra finger.....the CDRR 002?

The 5th roll had a double thumb on the end, so that hasn't been opened.......yet.

That was fun.

• Options

<< <i>

What do you think about the WDDR-006 (the big MO-FO finger)? That sucker is quite impressive and harder to find.... >>

I've counted no more than 10 Ebay sellers of this DDR, compared to every Tom Dick & Harry selling all the other DDR's.

This is and it's counterpart WDDO-007, which there are about 2 sellers, are by far the scarsest of the DDR's.

But with the flood of 001s & 002s etc. etc.. everyone expects DDRs for 99c.

Being only two combo DDO&DDRs, you'd be wise to snatch 'em up.

My opinion
  • Options
    I think I found yet another variety of this coin. I'd like to submit it for validation, but don't know how to go about it. I can only scan

and the pics just don't have the contrast or sharpness to really show this error up close. How do I contact Wexler to set up sending

it in for attribution? Any help is appreciated....

I researched the Wexler site and looked at all 43 varieties listed but none had the same look as this one.....
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles
  • Options
    John Wexler's Email address is at the bottom of his home page www.doubleddie.com
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭
    With the others flooding the market I believe the DDR-013 will be the big winner!! The Die crack is readily seen and is still pulling $20+ on eBay. Mine are at PCGS currently.

• Options
    Yes, I've been watching that too.

What's so great about a die crack?
  • Options
    Thanks Papi...I'll check that out. I opened two boxes today, the one dated 4/30 yielded 6 wddr-004's and the one ddr that I couldn't find

listed. My big score was when I opened the box dated 4/29....I really hit the motherlode..12 wddr-001's, 15 wddr-002's, 5 wddr003's

and 9 wddr-004's .... 41 errors out of 50 coins....I couldn't believe my eyes.....but I am a luckyman (sometimes) .....it definately was the most

fun (excitement) finding error after error like that.

I do have one other question....since Anacs is currently the only grading company slabbing, grading, attributing these, how are their

grading standards? If PCGS decides eventually to grade and attribute them, will Anacs graded coins cross over in the same grade?

How does the spotting that is prevelant on these effect the grade? imageimage Hope I didn't bore you image

The Beatles
  • Options
    All good questions. I'd like to know too, so I know what to submit and what to sell raw.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Whats the deal of the Proof error? I have 100 sets that I have not checked.
  • Options

<< <i>All good questions. I'd like to know too, so I know what to submit and what to sell raw. >>

ttt
  • Options

<< <i>Whats the deal of the Proof error? I have 100 sets that I have not checked. >>

Maybe a mintage of 3k pieces on the proof. Or thereabouts.

Tough piece that I havent seen anywhere yet
  • Options

<< <i>All good questions. I'd like to know too, so I know what to submit and what to sell raw. >>

Time will tell is all. I would think the more prominent would be worth subbing but, if these get in the redbook or cherry pickers.......
  • Options

<< <i>How does the spotting that is prevelant on these effect the grade? >>

I will be able to answer that next week when I get mine back image
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I've been watching that too. What's so great about a die crack? >>

Some people like them......
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, I've been watching that too. What's so great about a die crack? >>

Some people like them...... >>

Yea, I know one member on the forum that like his.. His dead/die crack itchs all the time. I do wish someone would buy him anal cream for that problem he has, maybe he wouldn't have so much hate in his context...image
  • Options
    Avg sale of 4/29 boxes from completed Ebay sales was $34.33.

Risky? Since I've seen quite a few posting on here with 4/29 boxes having NO DDRs.
  • Options

The best dates that I have seen were the 4/17's with the 4/30's right behind them.
  • Options
    My best ones have been the 4/27s and the 4/30s. It really is a crap shoot, and these CDDR-001s and CDDR-002s are a hell of a lot rarer than people realize!
  • Options
    Got my PCGS grades on the WDDR-013 Stage B's.......The massive Die cracks or the lightning strikes in layman's terms!! They were the best of the best that I found:

Order #20320021 / Submission #4022906
    Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 15890076 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 2 15890077 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US Genuine (98 - Damage or Tooling) OUCH!!
    1 3 15890078 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 4 15890079 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 5 15890080 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 6 15890081 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS66RD
    1 7 15890082 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    Total Items: 7
    Date Received: 7/10/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK
  • Options
    Are the WDDR-013 only found in 4/16 sets?
  • Options

<< <i>Got my PCGS grades on the WDDR-013 Stage B's.......The massive Die cracks or the lightning strikes in layman's terms!! They were the best of the best that I found:

Order #20320021 / Submission #4022906
    Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 15890076 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 2 15890077 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US Genuine (98 - Damage or Tooling) OUCH!!
    1 3 15890078 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 4 15890079 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 5 15890080 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    1 6 15890081 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS66RD
    1 7 15890082 407831 2009 1C Lincoln-Formative Years US MS65RD
    Total Items: 7
    Date Received: 7/10/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK >>

I have only found 1 of the WDDR-13s and it was in a 05/01 box.
  • Options

<< <i>I have only found 1 of the WDDR-13s and it was in a 05/01 box. >>

Wow, I found mine in 4/16, 3 weeks earlier. 5/01 must have been at the bottom of the hopper???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have only found 1 of the WDDR-13s and it was in a 05/01 box. >>

Wow, I found mine in 4/16, 3 weeks earlier. 5/01 must have been at the bottom of the hopper??? >>

I did see a group of 12 & 13's come out of a 5/01 box also. Checked a couple of boxes on either side in my records that I opened and nada. They seem to have come from 4-15/16/17 in small amounts also. I bought a group of 5 boxes from 5/01 and only 1 had 13's in it. Of course Ive only opened & examined around 20 boxes total so I might not have as complete a picture as others. I've picked more up on show floors raw and also in unattributed slabs than anything else.
  • Options
    They can be found in the 4/20 boxes also.....
  • Options

<< <i> The best dates that I have seen were the 4/17's with the 4/30's right behind them. >>

That's what I thought 'till I got 3 Zero 4/30'simage
  • Options

I know what you mean. I have had zero in all of the dates so I guess it is just luck which one's have the errors.
    I still don't think there are thar many WDDR 001's to be had out there. When I was getting them I would get about 12 001's compared to 3 002's. Is that what everybody was finding?
  • Options

<< <i>I still don't think there are thar many WDDR 001's to be had out there. When I was getting them I would get about 12 001's compared to 3 002's >>

I have had the opposite....many more WDDR-002's than 001's
  • Options
    It looks to me like there are more DDRs in the 9774 boxes, from what I've read on all these postings.

I wonder what those numbers mean.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I still don't think there are thar many WDDR 001's to be had out there. When I was getting them I would get about 12 001's compared to 3 002's >>

I have had the opposite....many more WDDR-002's than 001's >>

Crazy how it has no pattern to it. My 4/17's also had more 001's than 002's but I was still getting atleast 4-5 002's from each box. My best were my first 5 of 4/29's with about 12-15 001's and about the same in 002's. The 4/17 had a lot moe of the 003's. These are the Crawford numbers I speak of. CDDR-001/CDDR-002/CDDR-003's.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    I wish they could have gotten together on the numbers as it is very confusing. Mine are all graded as WDDR's and most people are talking about the CDDR numbers. WDDR 001 is the extra finger and WDDR 002 is the fat thumb.
  • Options
    I've been trying to see a current master list (with pics) of the crawford ddo's and ddr's. Can anyone refer me to a thread or website that has

a more complete listing of the errors? I have the Wexler list, but it seems incomplete.

I don't see some of the varieties I've found in my searches. The ddo "whisker" underneath Lincoln's beard isn't shown on the Wexler site,

but I've seen pics of it posted here. I found three of those tonight with one of them having the added feature of a long spike sticking out

of the back of Lincoln's head with a small cud on his forehead and two small cuds underneath the date. (tried to scan, but just can't get

the desired pic. Will try again tomorrow....thanks for your help.

edited to add....opened a 4/28 box today found 7-wddr-002's, 1-004, 4 die cracks at 4 o'clock from the edge of the log to the rim, 4 die

cracks at 6 o'clock by both boots running through the "p" and the "r" in Pluribus, and 3 of the ddo "whisker" type mentioned above.

total of 18 errors...fun stuff! Now I'm after the cddr-006 "skeleton finger"....purchased three boxes dated 4/23 today....hoping that's

the magic date (as some have posted here) I haven't found any in my 4/28, 4/29, or 4/30 boxes. Those seem to be going for the most

premium price on the bay right now as individual errors go. Well, thanks again for your help in getting me more complete listings and pics

of the varieties....image

The Beatles
  • Options

<< <i> The ddo "whisker" underneath Lincoln's beard isn't shown on the Wexler site, >>

It's pictured in the 7/20 Coin World (page 27) and described a die clash
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> The ddo "whisker" underneath Lincoln's beard isn't shown on the Wexler site, >>

It's pictured in the 7/20 Coin World (page 27) and described a die clash >>

Check those as most are wexler ddr09. The small finger under the book that looks like a lump.
    FYI.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the heads up on the ddr....I didn't know that, I will check those out...... I'm still hoping to see a complete listing with

pics for both the Wexler and Crawford varieties....if anyone can refer me to a website I'd appreciate it...

The Beatles
  • Options
    This one's pretty complete (Wexler):

Wexler DDR"S

Edited to add: Having link issues so here it is (might have to just go to doubleddie.com and click on 2009 Lincoln

http://doubleddie.com/60701.html
  • Options

<< <i>Check those as most are wexler ddr09. >>

Don't see that as a die marker....I have almost 2 full rolls of the whiskers....guess I'll have to check 'em

2009 1c FY WDDR-009

Description: A small partial extra finger can be seen just under the bottom of the book.

Die Markers: Die gouges can be found above the 2nd zero and the 9 in the date. A die gouge can be found between the 9 and the rim. A die crack arcs northward from the upper left B of LIBERTY while another runs south from the lower left B. A die gouge can be found below the R of PLURIBUS. Small die gouges can be found between the upper U and S of PLURIBUS as well as to the left and right of the upper M in UNUM. Die chips can be found at the top and right edges of the book.
  • Options
    Here are the first 29 Crawford numbers with pictures.

Here's Wexlers including die cracks and DDO's

Personally, there are only 3 or 4 which I think the average lincolner will want graded. But the obsessive lincolner may want them all. And according to my talk w/Paul at ANACS, they'll grade any variety you specify....
  • Options

<< <i>Now I'm after the cddr-006 "skeleton finger"....purchased three boxes dated 4/23 today....hoping that's

the magic date (as some have posted here) >>

Where did you buy 4/23? I haven't seen any on Ebay. I found one CDDR-006 in a 4/24 box.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now I'm after the cddr-006 "skeleton finger"....purchased three boxes dated 4/23 today....hoping that's the magic date (as some have posted here) >>

Where did you buy 4/23? I haven't seen any on Ebay. I found one CDDR-006 in a 4/24 box. >>

OK......does this qualify for the "You Suck" award????????

I have 65 unopened boxes and 16 just happened to be dated 4/23. So, with your above post in mind, I just opened a box, and sure enough, here's a picture
    of a skeleton cent on the end of a roll no less. How much luck is that?

• Options
    Fabulous find! I have two of these rolls myself with this error on the end.

Now the question of value. I've counted 12 Ebay sellers of this error. Prices started @ $50, now they start @ $10.

Wait and see? I think eventually this will be one of the ones recognized by PCGS or NGC.
  • Options
    Two comments: I've opened 2 4/23's and only found 004's

...........................I think the big 3 will be 001,002,006 and MAYBE the 13b for "wow" factor
  • Options
    Just open 5 more rolls;

9774 07:58 10 WDDR 001's 13WDDR 002 4/30
    9774 11:31 4 WDDR 001's 2 WDDR 002 4/21
    9774 12:03 6 WDDR 001's 8 WDDR 002 4/30
    9774 11:58 0 WDDR 001's 10WDDR 002 4/21
    9774 10;32 0 WDDR 001's 2WDDR 002 4/28

Overall not too bad!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji