Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"UNOFFICIAL" Lincoln Formative DDR finds thread.

13»

Comments

• Options
    RareSovRareSov Posts: 299
    Well, I cant wait to get mine. Lol

How much will people buy bulk errors for ? say I found 100 of these or something and wanted to offload ?
  • Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

<< <i>How much will people buy bulk errors for ? say I found 100 of these or something and wanted to offload ? >>

Pick a number... someone paid $750.00 for this:

UP FOR AUCTION: 25 FORMATIVE YEAR LINCOLN CENTS, ALL WITH DOUBLING ON REVERSE. EVERY ONE OF THESE COINS WILL SHOW DOUBLING ON "ONE CENT" "UNITED" , AND "UNUM". MANY WILL ALSO SHOW SLIGHT DOUBLING ON RIGHT LEG.

I WAS ABLE TO HAVE PHOTO TAKEN PROFESSIONALLY WITH AMBIENT LIGHT ONLY, AS DIGITAL MICROSCOPES AND SCANNERS DISPLAY A LOT OF GLARE AND DO NOT ACCURATELY SHOW ERROR. ALL 25 COINS WILL HAVE DOUBLING THAT WILL LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE DOUBLING IN PHOTOS, WITH THE ONLY EXCEPTION BEING THE AMOUNT OF DOUBLING IN THE RIGHT LEG

LINK

If you're kicking yourself for missing this deal the seller has another 25 coins you can get with a BUY it NOW.... only $850.. Link
  • Options
    kingkoin56kingkoin56 Posts: 343 ✭✭
    one box opened 4-28 eleven double thumbs four more boxes left image DDR-001
  • Options

<< <i>one box opened 4-28 eleven double thumbs four more boxes left image >>

I got 10 boxes 4/28 coming. Glad to see these are yielding something.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>one box opened 4-28 eleven double thumbs four more boxes left image >>

So far, that is the only variety I've found. Does it have an 'official' number assigned to it? Came from a 4/21 dated box.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody have any guesses at to how many boxes the Mint can produce in one day? As in, how many boxes might there be for 4/17 or 4/22 etc?
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    So I have a dumb question : I have a box unopened from the mint which was mailed 5-21 which was received by
    me 5-29. How do I know how my shipment fits in with the possible error dates published here???
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>So I have a dumb question : I have a box unopened from the mint which was mailed 5-21 which was received by
    me 5-29. How do I know how my shipment fits in with the possible error dates published here??? >>

The date on the box is what you are looking for.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    I have looked Hi and Lo for a date on the box/labels. NONE!
    It was shipped FedEx smart post and then USPS for final delivery...
    If only I could decipher those bar codes???
  • Options

Bottom right.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    Robb,

Thanks much. Our labels are way different. Still no date on the bottom right; just an "001 10N"
    I guess I'll just have to open the box up ans see!
  • Options
    kingkoin56kingkoin56 Posts: 343 ✭✭
    image DDR-001
  • Options
    Maybe we are talking about two different boxes? The box that I posted the picture of is what the Mint packages the rolls in. I think the box you may be referring to is the box that the white Mint box gets put into when shipped.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    AHA!!!

So I should open the mint sealed outer box after all. Thanks Much!!!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    I see there is a Coin World front page story on these cents. I only have a subscription to Numismatic News. Does anybody have an online subscription to Coin World and can post the story for us????
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I just opened a roll of 4/30.

RESULTS:

10-002
    9-001
    3-003

I had previously opened a box of 4/23 and got zero.

I opened the other 4 rolls.

2 rolls with an 001 on one end and a 002 on the other end which I decided not to open up at this point.
    3 other rolls gave me 24-001's and 25-002's and 10 other minor errors.
    Not a bad score.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    So, serious question.. Since Mr. Crawford has verified these as DD1,2,3,4 will they hold water in a slab from ANACS OR NGC as such..

I have known in the past that ANACS always sends their coins out to be verified as to the finding of one expert at CONECA, but why would they if Mr.Crawford has already found them to be a DD.

Lastly has Mr. Crawford deemed any names for each find.. Are they called Extra Thumb, Finger, Devils Finger, or what.. thanks for the help.. If it has already been mentioned, I am sorry but please do follow up.. George
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just opened a roll of 4/30.

RESULTS:

10-002
    9-001
    3-003

I had previously opened a box of 4/23 and got zero. >>

Just finished my roll of 4/30

10-002 sixth finger
    7-001 double thumb
    8-003

The 4/30 rolls are Hott!!!

Joe
  • Options
    Mine are all dated 4/21/09

I found 11 of these in various mint states. Seems pretty common!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file