Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"UNOFFICIAL" Lincoln Formative DDR finds thread.

Comments

• Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    I found some of these 2009 P Formative Cents with the Obverse Die Clashes under Lincoln's chin...Box 4/16. Look in the area of the Obverse "VDB" area are those die clashes also and from what design area ? Thanks, Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    I enlarged the overlays but didn't strengthen the pics but you can see how things line up. I did this for all 4 reverse designs. Don't forget that a die can rotate or shift so if a mark does not line up exactly then look around the general area for a similar design element.

Lestrrr

P.S.- Giving credit where it is due: Photos supplied by the U.S. Mint website (I didn't check to see if we're allowed to do that) Shhh!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I enlarged the overlays but didn't strengthen the pics but you can see how things line up. I did this for all 4 reverse designs. Don't forget that a die can rotate or shift so if a mark does not line up exactly then look around the general area for a similar design element. >>

Great Job !!!!

Thanks Again image

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I see Sanitarium Inmate (must be the same guy as on here) is selling quite a few DDR's

I've got to say I think he's losing out big......this was hitting 50 bucks per last night.....the press will catch up with this one and the numbers will go much higher......this is the kind of find you DONT start at 9.99

Well, I guess he'll be out of the way when this thing breaks.

No reason why this one won't hit 100 bucks, possibly more, just like the better Minnesota DDR's and like the Washington Smooth Edge Dollars

I think the DDR-002 is the most pronounced, followed by DDR-001 - my bet is that grading services will start to recognize these on their labels,

PCGS....you need to get on this one, although I expect you'll do the same on this one as the Extra Tree Minnesota Qtrs - recognizing only the most prominent.....
  • Options

<< <i>I see Sanitarium Inmate (must be the same guy as on here) is selling quite a few DDR's

I've got to say I think he's losing out big......this was hitting 50 bucks per last night.....the press will catch up with this one and the numbers will go much higher......this is the kind of find you DONT start at 9.99

Well, I guess he'll be out of the way when this thing breaks.

No reason why this one won't hit 100 bucks, possibly more, just like the better Minnesota DDR's and like the Washington Smooth Edge Dollars

I think the DDR-002 is the most pronounced, followed by DDR-001 - my bet is that grading services will start to recognize these on their labels,

PCGS....you need to get on this one, although I expect you'll do the same on this one as the Extra Tree Minnesota Qtrs - recognizing only the most prominent..... >>

Yes it's my auctions going for low prices. I am only collecting funds to get a few graded that I think will grade high. I still have plenty to sell if I want to, but I am letting these auctions die and then I am done til these go back up and I get some graded. I have a sealed box that came with my original mint purchase where the others had multiple DDR errors I am hoping to send that in to get FDI on a few DDR's. You think that will happen or should I crack it open and send them in as regular issue DDR's instead of trying for FDI? I do have other boxes coming to me in the mail with the good dates also that I may open one of the multiple orders and see what they have and possible send in 2 boxes for FDI if possible. I still want my first MPL and if I can get FDI then I may be able to pick and choose which MPL I can get instead of settling for a low grade one with the highest mintage. I want a quality one. Kris
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the FDI deadline for sets? Do any of these sealed boxes qualify? What dates are you considering "good"? Just wondering..
  • Options

<< <i>What was the FDI deadline for sets? Do any of these sealed boxes qualify? What dates are you considering "good"? Just wondering.. >>

I was hoping someone here could help me on the FDI deadline date. Don't know if they qualify yet, once again I am in need of help with this information. The date on the one box I want to send in is 4/29. It is my last box of 5 in this order where the others all had plenty of DDR's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    The FDI deadline date is 5/14, date of release....

but PCGS requires a bank box (2500) coins to get certified FDI.....that kind of kills it (for FDI), unless they reconsider.

this is DEFINITELY NOT a $30 coin........
  • Options
    Surprised at the amount of Sellers starting these DDR's so cheap.....

.99 / 9.99 / etc.

These coins are not that plentiful guys!!!!!! They are currently only found in ANY quantities in a few sets dated in late April, the other dates have few to NONE.

This is how you sell your coins for pennies on the dollar. The exact way NOT to make some cash.

A $25-$30 DDR-001 last night selling for 13 bucks today. $50 DDR-002's with multiple bids and several BIN's selling for 20 bucks.....

Not the marketing gimmick you want to use......it's just a race to the bottom.

Once the CW and NN articles hit the press, and the TPG's recognize these on their labels, you will WISH you had some of those you sold at 15 bucks......

The will be north of $100 bucks each.

Penny wise, Pound foolish.

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    <<<Surprised at the amount of Sellers starting these DDR's so cheap.....

.99 / 9.99 / etc.

These coins are not that plentiful guys!!!!!! They are currently only found in ANY quantities in a few sets dated in late April, the other dates have few to NONE.

This is how you sell your coins for pennies on the dollar. The exact way NOT to make a little cash.

A $25-$30 DDR-001 last night selling for 13 bucks today. $50 DDR-002's with multiple bids and several BIN's selling for 20 bucks.....

No the marketing gimmick you want to use......it's just a race to the bottom.

Once the CW and NN articles hit the press, and the TPG's recognize these on their labels, you will WISH you had some of those you sold at 15 bucks......

The will be north of $100 bucks each.>>>

ya know...i was gunna sell...but this just makes too much sense...i'm holding off till these establish...thanks for the reply 7 over 8

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have searched 1 roll and founf (5) six finger abe's.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I opened one roll and found nothing but now have 42 more rolls dated between 4/17 and 4/30 .

I was the one that got that 001 last night for $13. Nice deal!!!
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Anyone find any in 4-20's?

With so many rolls being cracked open maybe some intact rolls with that expensive paper might be worth something down the road.....

R95 >>

Ha, that was my first thought. I am still undecided on what to do with my boxes, but it is nice having choices! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well.........you could add THIS to the auctions....

keep going

• Options

Now is probably the last chance to buy them at cheap rates.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have searched 1 roll and founf (5) six finger abe's. >>

What date was your box?

Joe
  • Options
    I just opened another box dated 4/30 and found 11 of CDDR-004

Joe

• Options

4/30 seems to be a great date!
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    i have 4/14 anyone open these?
    figglehorn
  • Options
    I have not heard of any finds from 4/14.
  • Options
    Alright, I was just watching a 4/17 box and was ready to bid and it is now $39 which one of you is bidding it up? image

Edited: closed at $42

Joe
  • Options
    some may get annoyed about what I write.....

but selling these DDR's for 13-20 bucks is foolish.....

maybe more sellers will enter the arena and sell for 2-3 bucks per.....

I'll be the buyer then......

No one......No one has more than 50-75 of each of these types........and to sell for 13-20 bucks per, you would think they had a 1000 of them.

Let it ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

I agree! I have 9 of the 001's at this point and now have 44 unopened box's and am still buying.
  • Options
    I think that buying these boxes at a good price is wise even the "not preferred" dates.

When the news hits the media, all box prices will rise.

Joe

Edited for spelling image
  • Options

That's what I figure. Me and a buddy are having a rase to see who comes up with the most.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

These will end up like the Minn. DDR's IMO...........the most obvious ones will get a boost from the news write-ups soon, but it will fade fast as the number of different DDR's rises...

In the mean time....sales will be great.image
  • Options
    Hear you loud and clear 7over8. I also have a few more on their way here and buying 10 more as we speak. Someone here snagged a 5 box set dated 4/30 put on a BIN for me but I was late getting back on to get it. Someone got them for $20 apiece. Pitboss 40 more? Really? Man you are on fire man. Like I said earlier is that I have my gradeable ones and then some for later so don't worry about me my friends. Let the good times roll........
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    So far my tally is 203, broken down as follows:

80 CDDR-001
    73 CDDR-002
    50 CDDR-003

I have a few more boxes to open too.
  • Options
    I finally finished purchasing these sets. Here's what I have coming my way or in hand and I'm done buying. The three boxes I have opened yielded 20 DDR-001, 4 DDR-002, 2 DDR-004, and a few other soon to be attributed DDR's. I think that the DDR-002 will be the breadwinner here for sure. It's the most obvious to see with the naked eye, it's the most dramatic, and it's got a cool name, the "6 Finger".

Date # of sets
    17-Apr 20
    23-Apr 5
    27-Apr 19
    28-Apr 6
    29-Apr 9
    30-Apr 23

Unless you all think these will really do well, I'm not going to buy any more.

edited to fix a typo.
  • Options

<< <i>So far my tally is 203, broken down as follows:

80 CDDR-001
    73 CDDR-002
    50 CDDR-003

I have a few more boxes to open too. >>

But you forgot to tell us the dates of your boxes and how many you have opened? Is anyone bothering to look at the D mint coins?
  • Options
    hey jesse...are you confusing the ddr-4 with the ddr-2?

the ddr-2 is tha show winner here

i'm just sitting on my d mint rolls unless something pops up
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Yeah, you're right. The DDR-002 as designated by Crawford, 6 finger
  • Options
    I checked my D mint roll and nothing but very minor die cracks. The only thing showing up on ebay is the die trails. Quality control is a lot stricter there I'd say.

Lestrrr
  • Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

<< <i>I checked my D mint roll and nothing but very minor die cracks. The only thing showing up on ebay is the die trails. Quality control is a lot stricter there I'd say.

Lestrrr >>

My guess is that the Denver Mint has a better Die Hubber... or simply a sobber one.
  • Options
    Quote: "or simply a sober one"... Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

Lestrrr
  • Options

I sure have a bunch of "D" rolls left over(55 now). What do you do with them except spend them.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I did sell three on ebay for cheap. I was just curious where the market is right now. I hope they got to $100 but I won't be bummed for selling a few. I have 60 rolls from 4/28-4/30 Right now I average 8 per roll. I changed my BIN from $24.95 to 44.95 and ended all but two of my .99 start auctions.
  • Options

<< <i>I sure have a bunch of "D" rolls left over(55 now). What do you do with them except spend them. >>

I will pay you 2x face for them
  • Options
    Me and a buddy have been on a similar buying spree this weekend.

Managed to pull about 50 roll sets in the sweet spot of dates 4/27-4/30.

We might have bought that lot of 5 - 4/30 dated sets............who knows.........

• Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    i have two coming my way from ebay dated 4/17 & 4/23. ($17 & $20)
    figglehorn
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    People on the bay are advertising the DDR-005. Anyone have pics of this & is it truly attributed?
  • Options
    People on ebay are saying these are SOLD OUT at the mint. I went and checked and they are still available. Any thoughts?
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    You are right Kris, they are available.
    By the way, when can I expect my $50 coins? LOL
  • Options
    They are backordered which usually means sold out.
  • Options

<< <i>They are backordered which usually means sold out. >>

Anyone got the mintages as of today?
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>You are right Kris, they are available.
    By the way, when can I expect my $50 coins? LOL >>

In the mail. you should have them soon.
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>People on the bay are advertising the DDR-005. Anyone have pics of this & is it truly attributed? >>

I just did a search on the bay for DDR#005 and there is one seller (that I saw). He/She says that John Wexler attributed it (I haven't confirmed yet) but here's the pic.

I saw these last week but forgot to look into them (pretty minor).

In case you missed it, there has been 11 or 12 Doubled Dies found on the formative years cents. The attributors are extremely busy with all the submissions since the introduction. Consider the ratio: How many collectors compared to how many attributors ( 100,000's to what 8 er so)

Happy Hunting,
    Lestrrr
  • Options
    <<<<< You are right Kris, they are available.
    By the way, when can I expect my $50 coins? LOL >>

In the mail. you should have them soon>>>>

lol

• Options

Here is another little one to look for. These were being offered by 2 sellers before the "discovery" of the extra finger/thumb errors.

The auction title and sub-title on these:

2009-P ERROR Lincoln Formative Years Log Splitter Cent
    TRIPLE ERROR !! UNSPLIT LOG, BOOKMARK and "C" in Cents
  • Options
    ....and 100

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file