Home Metal Detecting
Options

Two Indian Head Cents... and some silver

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Picked up the ring over the weekend at an elementary school. Sterling with CZs. For a second I was thinking they could be real!

Went out today, found 2 Indian Head Cents - 1887 (my oldest coin this year) and 1904. Also, 6 wheat cents ranging from 1917 through 1955. I'm going to take a second look at that 1955 just in case! I really wish they'd come out of the ground the same way they went in. They're ugly green. Anyone got some Verdi-gone? image

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Those IH's are great finds!! Congrats image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last IHC i found detecting was in the early '80's.i have yet to find one since taking up the hobby anew last October.Good going on these.

Put your coppers in mineral oil for a few days to improve appearance.The '87 looks like it would definitely benefit, the '04 appears to be a goner.You might need Verdi-gone for this one.

The coin that got me started in coin collecting (at age 7) was an IHC dated 1899 that i found while working in the family garden. At first i thought it was dated "1809." The dirt around the first "9" made it appear to me as a "0" you see.image

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice ...IHC's are cool... Cheers, RickO