Home Sports Talk
Options

Vote JOESTALIN off the Island

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
yeah thats right, Paul (perkdog) has agreed that if I give 50 dollars to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society that he will forget the bet we had. For those of
you just joining us, we have a member of the boards Doug, who had to watch his 3 year daughter, Francesca, fight off cancer and go through chemo. My youngest
boy is about that age and I can't even begin to think of that happening to him.

Im going to take this one step further. I believe that these boards can come together and show just how much we care. I am asking everyone to match what
Paul and I have given (50 bucks), or whatever you can give. Now here is how I come into play.

I am looking to raise 500 bucks in the next 24 hours, Paul and I have already pledged 50 a piece so we just need 8 other people. Everyone who donates 50 bucks
to this great cause (send all money to Doug) gets a vote...a vote to banish me FOREVER from the sport talk boards! I will not get a vote, so there will be at least 7 ballots. Paul will take the votes via PM IF we get to 500 dollars, actually 400 now.

So a 50 dollar donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with Francesca's name in the memo line gets you one "yes or no" vote to banish me from the
sport talk boards forever, thats right, no more Ryan Howard threads, no more Philly threads, no more buc theads...DONE.

I know many of us have children and we can forget admid the crying and yelling and temper tantrums how good life really is!

God Bless,
Kevin (for Francesca)

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is this and what have you done with Joe Stalin??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Who is this and what have you done with Joe Stalin?? >>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... Like I said in another post ... I think a LOT of good is going to come out of all of this ... DAMN! We may all agree to meet at a Philly/Met game down in Philly!

SteveK ... Stalin ... other Phillie/Met fans ... maybe we could?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

now is your chance Grote!

Kevin
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to contribute half a vote's worth or $25...the 1975 mini boxes I recently purchased put me in the poor house! Maybe Matt can buy the other half of my vote, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be willing to contribute half a vote's worth or $25...the 1975 mini boxes I recently purchased put me in the poor house! Maybe Matt can buy the other half of my vote, LOL! >>

Hey guys ... ANY amount, large or small, is a step closer to finding a cure. During the last several years that I have been running marathons and racing triathlons to raise $$$ for the "LLS", I have received checks from $5.00 - $2,500.00.

Whatever the amount it is GREATLY appreciated.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be willing to contribute half a vote's worth or $25...the 1975 mini boxes I recently purchased put me in the poor house! Maybe Matt can buy the other half of my vote, LOL! >>

I'm sure Matt will be giving 50 on his own, anything you can give would be great!

Kevin
  • Options
    alpemomoalpemomo Posts: 355
    sign me up for $50
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... Like I said in another post ... I think a LOT of good is going to come out of all of this ... DAMN! We may all agree to meet at a Philly/Met game down in Philly!

SteveK ... Stalin ... other Phillie/Met fans ... maybe we could? >>

Perhaps - but if anybody, especially Matt, says they want to meet at the YMCA, sorry but I'm gonna say "No Thanks"! image
  • Options
    I'm all-in for $50 - but I prefer to send the money by PayPal if that's okay.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 100.00 but am sending it to my local food pantry.

Steve

edit to add: I want Kevin to stay.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Kevin, if you actually donate the $50 it will completely change my opinion of you and I would want you to stay.
  • Options
    This would mean more if Kevin matched whatever amount the rest of us donated.

Right now all he is doing is paying the 50.00 he should have paid 2 years ago.

Or am I missing something here? If so please explain.

Yeah I read how he would leave. Who cares?

And as for the charity in question if folks want to donate to it, it should not be

because Kevin is paying back an old debt.

Doug good luck with your charity/run.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no vote as far as Im concerned, the way I see it we are all here to enjoy ourselves and none of us have the right to banish anyone or single anyone out.

We are ALL with our own faults and shortcomings and dont have a right to judge anyone.

This whole argument between Me & Kevin has turned into a great thing after all- a nice donation to a great cause!

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There will be no vote as far as Im concerned, the way I see it we are all here to enjoy ourselves and none of us have the right to banish anyone or single anyone out.

We are ALL with our own faults and shortcomings and dont have a right to judge anyone.

This whole argument between Me & Kevin has turned into a great thing after all- a nice donation to a great cause! >>

This post is entirely too respectful and mature for the sports talk forum!!

But I commend you for making it.

shawn
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I am really impressed how this situation appears to be turning out. With all the garbage posts here it's nice to see something constructive. Count me in for $50.

Though my son had cancer he didn't have to endure nearly what Doug's daughter had to. These kids are the true heroes IMHO.

Bob...

Edit...Agreed there's no need to vote anyone off the island.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in for 100.00 but am sending it to my local food pantry.

Steve

edit to add: I want Kevin to stay. >>

yeah...nice edit...image

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Bob (Bottom 9th) PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug or Paul, please PM me with an PayPal e-mail address so I can forward the donation.
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words and the donations. I am setting up a website where all donations can be made online ... directly at the website ... I am checking now as to whether or not PayPal can be used on the website. As soon as I find out I will post a message here and in the Community Message Boards. I will also include my name and address for those of you who would rather make a donation by check.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

PS Who ever thought that a non-payment of a bet would wind up with such a good ending ... helping to save the lives of children and adults with Cancer!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Doug or Paul, please PM me with an PayPal e-mail address so I can forward the donation. >>

PM SENT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PayPal donation setup info:

Donations

PayPal Donations
    Collect donations from a button on your website, or even using a link in an email!

PayPal Donations is a low cost way for you to accept credit card and bank account donations. Integrate PayPal Donations with your website in a few easy steps

Benefits
    Save time and money collecting donations with PayPal:

* Easy to implement - no CGI scripting necessary
    * No up-front costs - you'll have the same low fee schedule used when you receive other PayPal payments
    * Collect with ease - PayPal maintains detailed transaction records on our website
    * Freedom for your donors - donors can choose the amount of their secure donation, or you can set a fixed amount
  • Options
    heck yeah, who else is in?

Kevin
  • Options
    If we donate $100 can we banish ALL PHilly fans? just a thought.
  • Options
    yeah...nice edit...

WTF does that mean?

Maybe before you open your pie hole you should know what you are talking about.

That would be a first for you.

Troll.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the right thing to have done was for Joe Stalin to have been man enough to pony up the $50 to Perkdog 2 years ago. When you make a wager and lose, you have an obligation to pay, when you drag it out and welch on the bet, you are waaaaaay less than an honorable person in my book. I think the $50 was for Perkdog to do with whatever he wanted, spend it, donate it, burn it, whatever.

As for the contributions, I personally give several $k per year to various organizations, thus, I do more than my fair share.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    How much left to meet the target?