Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What are your opinions on this 1824 CBH? is this a 1824 O-113a

Just got this one scanned.

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    Nice one, Earl!

TC71
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funky colors (might be the scans). Funky black stuff on the obverse rims.

Otherwise, I never met a Bust half I didn't like, and that one has nice details. Very nice details, in fact. AU-ish, I daresay.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it!
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Yep....has a little gunk on it but with the AU details, I am quite hesitant to do the thorn to her.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once bathed ? The details are good, but the "funky" I think LordMarcovan is referring to, is a reflection of that bath. (my humble opinion, and likely wrong, but a guess). I'd pass it to the mechanic, the baker, the candlestick maker and a group of kids that just ate peanut butter and jelly. It'll work out , in time image
  • Options
    May have been cleaned in the past but, whatever, that coin has wonderful details for sure! Please note that scanning usually eliminates nearly all luster and makes coins look dull, flat and lifeless, it could be just the scanner making the color appear off.

AU if not cleaned or a net EF for the cleaning, either way, just a great looking coin and a sweet addition to your collection! congrats!
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a coin that was once almost black and then was cleaned. Pass.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a coin that was once almost black and then was cleaned. Pass. >>

I was trying to be gracious with my previous answer image You do it so well.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, it's not without a few issues, but then what coin short of an ms70 is? That's what makes collecting so interesting.

Nice pickup.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like a coin that was once almost black and then was cleaned. Pass. >>

I was trying to be gracious with my previous answer image You do it so well. >>

LOL!!!

Nope, coin has literally some "GUNK" on it. This is something that is on the coin in a couple of places but not "in" the surfaces. Took a look through the microscope and it is on the coin. Just debating on attempting to remove the substance but it is NOT from crustiness...so to speak.

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Scanners are so unflattering.

Bet it looks really nice, in hand.!imageimage
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Those spots are simply too distracting.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    Ok, next question is : is this a 1824 O-113a?

• Options
    Anyone?

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but it is 113. On the "a" state the hook die defect above the wing has been polished away.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    Awesome.....Thank you for that help...missed it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file