Home Precious Metals
Options

What do we see next...$10 or $20 silver?

Which is more likely to occur first? A rampant, profit taking sell-off, coupled with a rising stock market to get silver back down to $10, or a wild bull driven ride up to $20?

Comments

• Options
    $20 will look like a bargain in the not too distant future.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    $20 will look like a bargain in the not too distant future.

+1
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    +2, and my uneducated guesss is to take your profit in stocks now.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>$20 will look like a bargain in the not too distant future. >>

So with the past week's run-up on silver prices, you dont see at least a mild dip with the profit taking phase that we almost always see right after such a quick uptrend?
  • Options
    Any dips in sliver will be short term.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong question. Will we see a 1/10 ounce or 1/20 ounce dollar? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    I think with the weaker dollar $20 silver is close.

The comment about stocks is pretty good as well, the run up from the March low seems awfully fast to me. I think stocks are expecting the economy to improve and keep moving up. Sideways is a better hope.

Oil will seem higher because the dollar is weaker.

This will be a summer of discontent in the US.
    Some call it an accumulation not a collection
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I am tempted to dump some at 15+. Most was purchase earlier this year in the 10-12 range
  • Options

<< <i>$20 will look like a bargain in the not too distant future. >>

+3image
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in the stock market since last August-September. Does that make me a fool, or did I just get lucky by missing the crash and not having to worry about scraping my way back to only 20% down?

What do we see next...$10 or $20 silver?

$20 silver and then some.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> Does that make me a fool, or did I just get lucky

You're not asking a loaded question are you? image
    Although I don't know your circumstances, I would say you were wise, not lucky, to get out when you did.
    I think we all can see both silver and gold, in the long run, are destined to go much higher.
    20 before 10 is my guess, but probably not happening as quickly as what some people hope/fear.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    I'm hoping for higher silver price so it will bring out more pieces for sale image I love finding a new JM bar, I've picked up a few lately and I imagine the higher silver price helps bring them out of the SDB's
    Its all relative
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver still has a long ways to go to get back to the 40-55 ratio it had with gold during the 2008 run up. Even using a conservative GSR of 57.5, which is the next major resistance point on the chart, gives you silver at $17 based on $977 gold.

I don't know of anyone who is expecting a big correction between now and later June/July. If one comes, I don't think it will last long.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    We are closer to $20. I'd be surprised if it got there within the next 12 months though.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect to see $20 silver.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    $20 it is , in the near future.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up, up, and away.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think silver at $20 within 12 months is a near certainty. I think that anyone who had free standing cash back in November and did not take advantage of the distressed pricing in the silver and gold miners missed a huge opportunity. Prices were basically thrown back to when gold was $400/oz. The miners were beaten down as a group much further than the general stock market. Some of the silver miners that were favorite whipping boys of the shorts, are now 4X to 5X higher. They certainly aren't the bargain today that they were back then.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>I think silver at $20 within 12 months is a near certainty. I think that anyone who had free standing cash back in November and did not take advantage of the distressed pricing in the silver and gold miners missed a huge opportunity. Prices were basically thrown back to when gold was $400/oz. The miners were beaten down as a group much further than the general stock market. Some of the silver miners that were favorite whipping boys of the shorts, are now 4X to 5X higher. They certainly aren't the bargain today that they were back then.

roadrunner >>

Tell me about it, I remember seeing my stock accounts trashed with CDE at 40 cents a share, HL around $1, SLW below $3 and AUY around $4. I already owned these stocks and desperately wanted to add to my positions but didn't have the cash now these stocks along with most other mining stocks are 3-4 times higher in price and this is in only 3 months time!!! I also was watching Wells Fargo and watched them drift below $8 only to triple in price along with many other financial stocks if Silver had been where it is today I would've sold out of some and been buying hand over fist.