Home Precious Metals
Options

1 gram Gold bars and redbook Silver coin?

I picked up 22 Silver maples and Eagles today at the coin shop in Fargo when I spotted some 1 gram bars which I bought for $36 each, one is a Credit Suisse dated March, 1981 on the back and the other is an Englehard serial# C4637 with no date front or back.
Another coin caught my eye as I was ready to leave it said 40th anniversary guidebook of United States coins 1946-1986 on the front while on the back it said Whitman coin products Racine, Wisconsin one troy ounce .999 fine silver so I bought it along with the Eagles and Maples for $15.83.
My question is does anyone know if these items have any value beyond bullion? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to add another coin I decided to pass on, it was a JFK jr. 1 troy ounce coin with a picture of a grown up JFK jr on the front with the dates 1960-1999 and a picture of a small JFK jr. from the famous salute to his Dad during JFK sr.'s funeral in 1963. Is this coin worth anything over bullion?
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    the redbook coins you can find it on ebay. Not worth much over bullion I believe.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Prices you paid were about right. The whitman coin sometimes sells around $25
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Prices you paid were about right. The whitman coin sometimes sells around $25 >>

Thanks, I never know what to pay on some of this oddball stuff but if it's close to melt I usually pull the trigger. Are there any other Silver Whitman coins like 10, 20 0r 25 year, also are there any Gold Whitman coins??
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Common reverse:
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Common reverse:
    image >>

I've got to get me some of the other coins, love the continental dollar and pillar dollar designs.