Home Precious Metals

Another e-bay burn....

sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
Check out this auction.

He's very careful in his wording and has legitimate feedback on other things before beginning to pull this stunt. No, I did not get suckered in, but thought it was worth the mention. Check the feedback if you're not seeing what I'm talking about. I'm doubting the way it's phrased and terms that even paypal would side with the buyers.

Comments

• rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    This would probably be better to post on the USCF. I doubt many people on the PM forum here would even give that auction a second look for a lot of reasons.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
    the seller is scum. the seller knows exactly what it is doing and i hope
    it gets their due in the end.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who just give the thread a cursory glance: He's selling post-64 quarters and wording the auction so that gullible people might think they're 90% silver.

I have to say this one doesn't bother me at all. He doesn't say they're silver, his feedback spells it out clearly.The photograph doesn't let you see the dates. These aren't just clues and hints. They're clear explanations that the coins are NOT silver.

People see what they want to see. He's a crook, no question about it. But the buyers are stupid. Maybe spending $110 for $13 worth of junk coins will save them $1,000 or $10,000 next time.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Weiss, good summary. His feedback gives away his con. His "no refunds" wouldn't work with paypal. I would just send the coins back, put in a claim with paypal and explain what happened. Paypal sides with the sellers in cases like this.

Getting burned for $100 is a good learning experience as you said. It will hopefully keep one away from the $1,000 learning experiences. image

Very Positive BST Experience with: guitarwes, ibzman350, jmcu12, Bamafan27, OnlyGoldIsMoney
    Reference: Coin Links
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    Has a lot of good feedback from selling these. I wonder if the people are clueless or what?
    Its all relative
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    hmm this guy is definitely trying to rip people off, very clever......
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    what's amazing is that he has more positive than negative feedback for these sales.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    maybe the people buying the coins don't realize that washington quarters after '64 don't have silver
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auction ended.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com