Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1950-1969 Baseball Collection--1 HR AWAY OMG!

Well, it's been a long strange trip on this auction, but hopefully the bumpiest part of the ride happens the last hour. Thanks to all who participated in the contests, sent out (3) prizes and one to go. Currently sits at $760 so a lot of people are still in the chase for the final prize.

Comments

• MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    On like Donkey Kong! Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a97ea5c15QQitemZ320376298517QQptZUSQ5fSMQ5fSportsQ5fCardsQQsalenotsupported">Vintage Baseball Collection

Launched tonight--Had to jump thru a few hoops but here it is & free prizes all week during my spam w/extra cheese promotion!

1st prize goes to who guesses the closest amount to the final selling price. (You may go over)

Have until Sunday to submit/edit your final #. Again, this is a shameless promotion so participants beware!
    bump
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Can't sleep, so I bid to bump up the price. Nice stuff, good luck with it!
  • Why the yellow background? With the Red borders. IMO hard to look at.
    bumpty-dumpty
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $723.00

Best of luck with your auction!
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    $775.00. Good luck!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
    bump (had to make an edit--see OT)
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to hold out for the Paid Giveaway!image
  • $947.00
    Alright, here is tonight's contest to shamelessly and I mean shamelessly, promote my current auction on the 'Bay (that will make or break my chances to turn my hobby into a full-time career move!).

Before I offer the prize question, let me first fully disclose the prize winnings to CU winner (assuming anyone makes the effort!) which, while not paltry, will not allow anyone to retire early! Anyway, they are all pictured but allow me to clarify the prize choices:

1) Dem Bums DVD (Brooklyn Dodgers--Sealed)
    2) Jackie Robinson Story DVD (Sealed)
    3) 2003 Boston Red Sox World Series Champs (Sealed)
    4) 10 packs of sealed/unopened 1989 Donruss Packs
    5) 10 blank auto cards (TTM)

I may, or maybe not, offer other alternatives for winners but they probably won't exceed market value of $10 (after shipping). Again, a big part of this thread is to shamelessly promote my auction although my other motives are to make the hobby more interactive/pormote good will.

The only requirement is that you tell your friends about this auction (if you want) and to PM me your address if you win... Thanks, Pat

Anyway, enough of the b.s., here is the question: There are three (3) early Bowman cards in my listing, respond to this post with the following info, ALL 3 required!!!!

1) Player Name (First, Last)
    2) Team
    3) Position
    4) Card #
    5) State of Birth

All info is required!!!!!!!! Reply to this post if you think you have it all. Good Luck!

• digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Okay, another bid guesser (which is just fine) but nobody on tonight's quiz. My prediction goes to the"Goose" guy.
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    1953 Bowman BW #27 Lemon, Bob - Indians - Pitcher - Cal.

1953 Bowman BW #39 Stengel,Casey - Yanks - Mgr - Missouri

1955 Bowman #179 Aaron, Hank - Braves - OF - Alabama

Auction sells for $900.00 - cool cards!
    Aaron's position should be RF, to be a bit clearer
    Wrong, I am referring to the earliest Bowman's (the small guys...)
  • csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I see the Bowman your talking about, but there in a soft sleeve with half the card covered. They look like 51's or 52's.
    I mean, I'm not just going to give stuff away w/o a bit of effort! Anyone can ID Stengels, Aaron's etc. (no offense).

Takes a bit of sleuthing. Oh well, maybe my expectations are too high. I was under the impression that the PSA board members were the creme of the crop in terms of collecting...
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    $1025.00 and to the top

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Nice contest, Pat

Hank Edwards, Chicago, OF, 1950 Bowman #169, Ohio
    Bill Serena, Chicago, 3B, 1950 Bowman #230, California
    Irv Noren, Washington, OF, 1950 Bowman #247, NY

Mike
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Congrats to Mike. Good work. Choose your prize and it will be sent out today!
  • Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    $683. - mostly due to a failing economy.
    your autograph card blanks for ttm just piss me off image
    $496.00
  • $835.00
    Currently at $361.99 with 34 watches and 11 bids placed. Would offer another auction but only one guy truly responded to my first one, the other one hasn't PM'ed me his address. I guess the prize winnings just aren't tasty enough. Oh well. Got to go, there's a Pens game about to start!
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Thanks again, Pat ...great contest and terrific DVD.

Mike
    image Thanks for the bump. 10 hrs to go and stuck on $406
  • My life is on standstill until this auction ends. Can not wait to see the final price. image

Edit: Forgot the winking smiley image

<< <i>My life is on standstill until this auction ends. Can not wait to see the final price. Edit: Forgot the winking smiley >>

Would assume you are being sarcastic, oh well. Anyway, my ass is on the line with this one. If it falls short I am toast. But so far, so good. I definitely won't do a 10-day auction again way too long for everyone involved.
    Last bump image
    Well, it's been a long strange trip on this auction, but hopefully the bumpiest part of the ride happens the last hour. Thanks to all who participated in the contests, sent out (3) prizes and one to go. Currently sits at $760 so a lot of people are still in the chase for the final prize.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mint...

Can you tell me why that #201 Crosby is worth so much?

thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...