Home Precious Metals
Options

Newbie needs help with eBay!

Thanks in advance to everyone and thanks for all your posts in this forum.
I am a kind of new in coin collecting and in eBay.
I bought a 1/2 gold Panda for $470 (not bad I thought). Now the seller (it has only 4 feedbacks, my fault!) is driving me crazy.
First I paid through PayPal and he sent a trk# from China (the item was listed as it was in CA).
I complained and he refunded my transaction and sent a new one with a difference PayPal account.
I paid and received a new trk# from GA.
Now he wrote again and asked me to leave a positive feedback because he is having problems with PayPal.
I know that if I leave a positive feedback I am not able to dispute with PayPal.

Here is the question: is there any way I can clean all this mess? Do I just need to wait few days and claim I haven't received the item?
Any suggestion?

Thanks again in advance. Sorry for the long posto and for my broken english, I am from Italy...(lots of nice coins down there...)

Comments

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

PayPal is holding his funds until you say everything is cool (leave positive feedback). It sounds like a scam to me. I would get on the phone and tell PayPal your concerns ASAP.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay link pls

You should not do as he instructs unless you trust him to give you advice that is in your best interest. You prolly got a 'deal' on an item you will never see.

HOW ABOUT:
    get your money back and move on.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    link

here is the link (hope it works)

thank you both for your quick answer.

streeter: I can I get my money back? does he need to refund me through PayPal? I asked him to do so...what if he doesn't?

I am sorry guys, but I don't know how it works in this side of the ocean...really need somebody's help.
  • Options
    Make sure you bite it to see if it is real.

Unless I know him or the guy has been selling a while, I won't buy an unslabbed Gold.

Not because you can't get your money back with PayPal, but more because its just a pain in the ass if the seller is a scammer or just inept.

Like the other posters, get your money back and move on.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>link

here is the link (hope it works)

thank you both for your quick answer.

streeter: I can I get my money back? does he need to refund me through PayPal? I asked him to do so...what if he doesn't?

I am sorry guys, but I don't know how it works in this side of the ocean...really need somebody's help. >>

I would call PayPal and tell them your concerns.
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>I bought a 1/2 gold Panda for $470 (not bad I thought). >>

That's a good price if it's a real 1/2oz proof Panda.

The seller must deliver or don't leave + feedback! Too bad if the funds are locked until + feedback is received. The seller's a rookie too but still must learn the rules.

Beware of this deal. It could be fine or it could be a scam.

Make the seller deliver, verify the coin, then leave appropriate feedback.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seller in China!...selling Gold Pandas! .... at below the going rate = "Run Will Robins" .... suggest you PM Gecko109, he may be able to give you some advise as to what to look for if it was not a counterfeit.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Thank you for everything guys! I will follow your advices and let you know.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Sounds very fishy. Do not leave postive feedback under any circumstance before you verify it's authentic. Honestly, I would not expect it to be.
  • Options
    Yes! Finally I got my money back!
    What should I do now? eBay still shows the item as "payment pending" (he refunded the first and sent a new one through PayPal...refunded again). Should I care or not?
    Can I leave a negative feedback?

Please help me one more time...

Guys, thank you very much. I was freaking out and your support has been great!
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭

DO NOT leave feedback until after you have received the item and authenticated it. Especially a coin coming from China.
  • Options
    Ciccio, welcome.

It sounds like you avoided a very troublesome situation. image

There are a couple of terrific Ebay Chinese coin sellers. I would recommend buying PCGS graded Pandas; don't leave any feedback until the issue is resolved; and work with Paypal until you have your money back. Ignore what the seller is telling you: return the coin, get your money back, and don't deal with that seller. It sounds like you did all of those actions, so hopefully all is well. image
    Very Positive BST Experience with: guitarwes, ibzman350, jmcu12, Bamafan27, OnlyGoldIsMoney
    Reference: Coin Links