Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My mistake cost me

I just found out that my submission of 3 coins for crossover all got DNC.

I knew they probably would not cross as is but I had forgot to put the 'ANY' in the minimum grade section. image

Hopfully this somewhat expensive mistake will keep me from doing it again. I though I would post this here so perhaps it might save somebody else this same mistake in the future.

Knowing me, I'll probably do it again. image

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ack!

I've only done one submission so far on a previously graded, a lesser-name (Accugrade). Rather than sending it in as a crossover, I cracked the coin out of the holder and sent it in raw. Miraculously, it came back MS65, the same grade that the other guys gave it. I was pleasantly surprised, as the coin was brilliant, without scratches, and had great eye appeal, but the strike was a bit weak.

It sounds like you have the same idea I do--that for a given coin, a PCGS MSX holder, where X = a number between 1 and 69, is worth a lot more than an obscure third tier grading service holder MS(X+Y), where Y is greater than or equal to one. Well, that and the registry set, which I'm sure has made PCGS a few bucks over the past few years...
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.