Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First adult in my sisters case convicted updated 3-3-09

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our hopes and prayers are with you and your family, especially for your brother in law.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Doran,

My thoughts are with you and your extended family. My concern is your brother-in-law and hope he has the strength to pull through....
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry that anyone has to go through some horror like this.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

May the coward, bottom-feeding, scum sacks be dealt swift justice.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a horrible act. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I am so sorry for you and your family.

Please know my wife and I are thinking of you and your family. You will be on our thoughts and prayers.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Doran.

I echo the sentiments expressed by all the others: hope things turn out fine for your sister and her family. Please keep us updated.

Regards. David
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Best wishes to you and your family!
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. Your family will be in my prayers.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys. The latest update is that my brother in law came through surgery okay, apparently he was shot once in each shoulder with one of those bullets running down the ribs and out the groin, and one shot that went through both knees. One guy did the shooting and the other three assaulted my sister, they did a kit at the hospital so hopefully when/if they do catch the guys they will be able to nail them dead to rights. No arrests have been made at this point. That's all I know for now, I'll update everyone when I learn more.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks again guys. The latest update is that my brother in law came through surgery okay, apparently he was shot once in each shoulder with one of those bullets running down the ribs and out the groin, and one shot that went through both knees. One guy did the shooting and the other three assaulted my sister, they did a kit at the hospital so hopefully when/if they do catch the guys they will be able to nail them dead to rights. No arrests have been made at this point. That's all I know for now, I'll update everyone when I learn more. >>

Wow - that's GREAT news...and let's continue to hope for the best...

...and yes, catch these filthy diseased animals as quickly as possible, and put them away.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your brother in law came through OK. I hope the authorities are able to find these guys and nail them soon. We'll continue to pray for a speedy recovery.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    I wish your family the best of luck. Though I am sure this event will stay with them for years, hopefully one day soon they will be able to take heart in knowing the creeps who performed this act will have their day of retribution.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Happy to hear your brother in law will make it through this terrible act.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Glad to hear you brother in law made it through surgery ok!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    That's the best news you could hope for in this situation. I can only imagine how surreal this is for your family.

We can only hope and pray these disturbed individuals are off the streets and now. I can't believe how extremely twisted the whole situation is. How and why this can happen is beyond me, it's just extremely infuriating.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Doran ... glad to hear your B-I-L is doing well ... I pray your sister is able to get over this horrific crime ... may the 4 A$$HOLES be caught and have the $hit kicked out of them before they make it to the jail.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    It is definitely something that will stick with everyone in the family for a long time, probably forever. Hopefully they can get these guys off the streets before they do it to someone else, and they need to make sure they keep them off the streets because there is no such thing as reform for individuals like this. About 15 years ago, a couple of years before I met her, my wife was attacked in the parking lot of her dorm in a different city in Kansas. She took quite a beating, but fortunately a good samaritan ran up to assist before the guy could drag her into his van. Even though my wife was able to give a good description and the police artist created a good sketch they never caught the guy. About four years ago a young woman went missing from the area where we now live in Missouri, one night I hear my wife let out a little scream and I run into the room and find her shaking and barely able to speak, she was just pointing at the television. The news was on and I watched as they talked about the missing girl, the guy had raped and killed her, when they showed the guy again my wife said that was the same guy that had attacked her 11 years earlier. She went to the police department and they contacted the kansas authorities and when it was all said and done they said it was the same guy and he had been in trouble for similar attacks prior to the time he attacked my wife. If they wouldn't have ever let the guy out the first time, my wife would never have been attacked and another young woman would still be alive. Sorry for the long story, the whole thing has just stirred up a lot of stuff.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Doran,

Best wishes.

I live in a very quiet part of a (sometimes) pretty scary / high crime rate city (Baton Rouge, LA.)

The night we moved in, some guy was shot in his car in an apparent random killing on a street corner about 200 yards from here.

Crazy stuff happens every day, seems like everywhere.

Hope things find normal sooner rather than later.

EA

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    best wishes to your family
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    best wishes to your family. My thoughts and prayers are with them tonight.
  • Options
    I hope the people who did this die in a fire.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Doran - I just got home from work to see this terrible news. I added my prayers to those of your CU family. I believe the Lord listens intently to our prayers and will answer them on behalf of your sister and her family. I'm thankful that your brother-in-law has come out of surgery safely. Keep us posted as things develop, and thanks for asking us to do this for you.

yf

Geordie
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Good God that is terrible news for anyone. I will pray for you and your family Doran.
    I hope this ends as well as it can for them.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers go out to your family
    I hope the 4 piece of sh#ts will get there justice swiftly

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this heinous crime against your family. I hope these guys are caught soon. Best wishes for a swift recovery
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Just found this thread. Glad your brother in law made it. My family will keep your family and you (yes you have been thru a trauma also)
    in out thoughts and prayers. It was very kind of gregm to offer assistance.
    2 days ago I got a new customer who spent 15 minutes telling me about the murder of his son. This country is in a serious decline of moral charecter. Our extremely liberal legal system is partly responsible for this. I hope justice will be served here.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    There should be no justice for the animals who perpetrated this crime. Once the police are sure they have the right perps, they should take them behind the police station and put a bullet in their heads.

I'm not a violent person, but I'm sick and tired of this country treating animals like human beings.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>There should be no justice for the animals who perpetrated this crime. Once the police are sure they have the right perps, they should take them behind the police station and put a bullet in their heads.

I'm not a violent person, but I'm sick and tired of this country treating animals like human beings.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

• Options

<< <i>There should be no justice for the animals who perpetrated this crime. Once the police are sure they have the right perps, they should take them behind the police station and put a bullet in their heads.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

This is definitely one of those cases that you kind of hope someone in the community will serve justice painfully and swiftly upon the perps. I'm not a fan of the bullet because it's too swift with little pain, but if that's what it takes, so be it.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I was reading some of the local Wichita press and it sounded like they had some suspsects. 3-18 year olds guys and a 27 year old guy? Anything promising on those leads?

I am sure this will be be controversial, but I hope someone guts these 4 pieces of crap! I am so tired of reading about this type of scum that walks our streets daily.
  • Options
    My familiy thoughts and prayers are with yours... Glad to hear your BIL is doing better... How is the youngest child?

I know your sister and neice/nephews will have this haunt them for a while... My kids went through something not as bad, but years later they still talk aboutit...
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, all of the children including my youngest nephew are doing fine. An update to last nights post about my b-i-l condition, what I relayed was the initial report immediately following the surgery. Apparently one bullet did puncture both lungs, and either prior to or after the shooting they beat him rather severely breaking all of his facial bones and knocking out one of his eyes. As of this morning no suspects have been arrested, and Matt to answer your question about the descriptions listed on the kansas.com website, those descriptions were the approximate descriptions that my sister gave the police and unfortunately the newspaper reported them as if they were fact, I initially thought the same as you did when I read it.
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    This is horrible. I will pray for your family.
  • Options
    At least he is holding on. Hopefully he'll be able to cope with all of this when he knows exactly what happened.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    DAMN DORAN ... reading your last post got me even more pissed! I pray your B-I-L pulls thru.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DAMN DORAN ... reading your last post got me even more pissed! I pray your B-I-L pulls thru. >>

I had the same feelings. The kind of scum we have walking the planet is disgusting.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    3 18 yo. well these days thats not young. I say kids..but these youngsters are in full gangs as early as 11 yo. By 13 there are comminting felonies. A 13 yo here was just convicted or murder.
    The justice I meant in an earlier thread is not a swift bullet to the head......go see the movie 'the passion of the christ' and you have a starting point. Then borrow a few ideas from Vlad the impaler and keep them alive in public humiliation for a few weeks.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Doran, Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. There is no explanation for some of the things that 'civilized' people do to each other.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DAMN DORAN ... reading your last post got me even more pissed! I pray your B-I-L pulls thru. >>

Doug, I feel the same way. I lost sleep over this last night. It's disgusting that these things happen everyday, and the fact that it happened to family of our CU family makes it more sickening.

Justice won't be served until the whole family completely recovers, then Doran's bother in law gets a few minutes alone with the perps, armed with a straight razor while the thugs are hand-tied and ball gagged.

Absolutely sickening.

Keep us posted Doran. My family is still praying for yours.

shawn
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with people?These people should be treated the same way they treated your family Doran.I hope everyone recovers quickly(physically and mentally)
    Mike
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Doran, I am very sorry that this has happened! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

What is this world coming to?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doran,

I've tried for two days now to think of something good to say, and I just can't.

I just do not understand how members of our society can do something like this to others.

I hope and pray that justice is served swiftly and mercilessly on the perpetrators.

Also most importantly I hope and pray that, although it will undoubtedly be long and painful, recovery comes to you, your sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews (and all members of your and their family) as quickly as possible.

Hang in there brother!

Steve
  • Options
    < Vlad the impaler and keep them alive in public humiliation for a few weeks.>
    we think alikeimage
    The late George Carlin had some great ideas of how to stop all the senseless crime we have in todays society-DEATH TV
    The even crazier thing is, it would workimage
    Keep prayin these guys will be caught
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Doran, I'm getting ready to leave for work right now and wanted to let you know I still have your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
    Brian
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doran, Unbelievable, My thoughts and prayers go to you and your entire family.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    <<" There should be no justice for the animals who perpetrated this crime. Once the police are sure they have the right perps, they should take them behind the police station and put a bullet in their heads.

I'm not a violent person, but I'm sick and tired of this country treating animals like human being."

Actually I have no problem with treating the sweet puppy dog and the good kitty cat like a person...........but I get your point. And if you want to know why it is the way it is, thank a liberal. Or a "progressive" or whatever they call themselves these days.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers to your family, Doran.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent!

aconte