Home Metal Detecting
Options

Eyeball 39 pennies

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was going to the grandsons T-Ball game over the weekend and it got rained out so I walked a High School parking lot close by. In one parking spot I picked up 39 pennies. I guess that was to many for him/her to carry around. My take from that schools parking lot was $1.13. That was close to the amount of change that I picked up for the month of April. Recovery is on the way???

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find.... 39 cents in one spot.... interesting. I have seen kids throw cents away... seems they think they are worthless. RickO
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Two thoughts immediately come to mind:
    1) you're only .61 to 1.00 and
    2) better in your pocket than the dummie who threw or left them on the ground!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice find.... 39 cents in one spot.... interesting. I have seen kids throw cents away... seems they think they are worthless. RickO >>

i agree with this. at gas stations i often find batches of pennies right
    where cars park. like the person cleaned out all the higher value
    coins and just dumped the cents wanting to clean out the car!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice find.... 39 cents in one spot.... interesting. I have seen kids throw cents away... seems they think they are worthless. RickO >>

I have also witnessed this many times too. image
  • Options
    TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I have seen this too. Once at gas station near a high school I picked up $1.67 in a twenty square foot area. Crazy. Someone need to teach them - a penny saved is a penny earned.
  • Options
    I found close to 50 pennies in a parkign lot one time. and that was just around the curb, soembody must have droped them.
    ~William
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I've picked up several penny dumps like that. I figured they tossed the pennies in the ash tray and then covered them with crap(ashes?) then dumped the ash tray out the car door.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was going to the grandsons T-Ball game over the weekend and it got rained out so I walked a High School parking lot close by. In one parking spot I picked up 39 pennies. I guess that was to many for him/her to carry around. My take from that schools parking lot was $1.13. That was close to the amount of change that I picked up for the month of April. Recovery is on the way??? >>

You ought to come on down to Knob noster...check out my shop then we can do a little detecting. I have secured a few nice old yards we can hit.. Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,