Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

OFFICIAL MEMORIAL DAY COIN SWAP THREAD! PAIRINGS SET. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL!

This IS the Official Memorial Day Coin Swap thread.

If you would like to take part please sign in here.

The following have already expressed the desire to take part.

As such, at this point, currently entered IS:

B00M

TorinoCobra71

Musky1011

lonelyp

MORGANHUNTER2

BigJohn2

(From this point on please refer to my post - Page 3) Thanx!

To be considered for participation, ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE VERIFIED AND APPROVED!

To "hopefuls" - simply put ... this means that everyone must furnish ME with your-

Name - address - Phone number - email address. Everyone that has already furnished this need NOT do so again UNLESS changes have transpired.

Your "profile" will be kept on file, in the strictest confidence. I need to know your areas of interest as a collector.

It would benefit you to read opening posts in which the Common Sense Rules of coin swapping are clearly laid out.

Your information is subject to being verified by me. EXPECT A PHONE CALL AND OR AT LEAST AN EMAIL FROM ME (Maybe BOTH!)

I don't want or need P.O. Boxes. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU RESIDE! I need your HOME phone along with your cell & or Office #.

Let me know your likes and dislikes, Numismatically speaking.

It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to READ and FAMILIARIZE yourself with Coin Swap "protocol". COMMUNICATION IS PARAMOUNT!

Please feel free to join us. Again, if you have previously furnished me with your personal information, you need NOT do so again
unless there have been any serious/ important changes made since you first furnished your information OR unless I ASK FOR IT AGAIN.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    Sure i'll give it another go.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Got room for one more? I'd like to give it a go.....

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options

<< <i>Got room for one more? I'd like to give it a go..... >>

You better get your chit together for the next TAG bucko....image

I have a few items worthy of trading this time.

and I aint tellin ya a thing until I see you getting this off the ground....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got room for one more? I'd like to give it a go..... >>

You better get your chit together for the next TAG bucko....image

I have a few items worthy of trading this time.

and I aint tellin ya a thing until I see you getting this off the ground.... >>

Does that mean "chit for tat"? Careful now.....

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Count me in please....
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    I draw everyone's attention to this roster thus far.

Everyone that has signed in thus far, each & every

one here has a History of Excellence & is on the "A" List.

Kudos to all. imageimage
  • Options
    Boom,
    I would like to be a part of this swap.
    Doc
  • Options
    Doc, you're a Class Act. You are in the same category as all the aforemetioned.

You are ALWAYS Welcome to take part in any and every swap I coordinate.

Thanks for signing up.

Regards,

BOOM ~
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm new to this forum, but I would like the chance to participate in this. Great how so many collectors/deales are getting together online. I've done business with one forum member thus far, if you need him as a reference.
    Just PM you my information?
    Thanks,
    Jinx
  • Options
    Duplicate post.
    Very Positive BST Experience with: guitarwes, ibzman350, jmcu12, Bamafan27, OnlyGoldIsMoney
    Reference: Coin Links
  • Options
    edit
    Very Positive BST Experience with: guitarwes, ibzman350, jmcu12, Bamafan27, OnlyGoldIsMoney
  • Options
    Hey Boom,

As allways I'm happy to take a newbie as a swap partner. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    edit
  • Options
    To the Newcomers, please pay close attention!

I will also PM this same message to you however I want to make things perfectly clear PUBLICLY, from the Start!

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with your REAL NAMES (ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION WILL BE VERIFIED)

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with your Home address (not a P.O. Box) AND a Work Contact!

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with a working Home & Office phone # along with cellular phone #s (if applicable)

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with valid, working email addresses (Any & ALL email addresses)

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with references from these Boards, of people you either know well as Character references or have conducted Business with.

You are REQUIRED to furnish ME with eBay IDs if you have one!

In short, I need to know as much about you as humanly possible, as it pertains to Numismatics.

You MAY BE made to furnish ME with YOUR valid Driver's License and or Social Security Numbers ... to be held, on file, in the STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE by ME and 2 other Senior Swappers (of my choosing) in the Event something should happen to me or to any one of us!
    Your Information will be VERIFIED 100% and WILL remain CONFIDENTIAL!

You need to tell me your interests as collectors and it is incumbent upon YOU to read past opening Swap threads to READ & FAMILIARIZE YOURSELVES with what is EXPECTED of you as a swapper.

It IS entirely at my discretion to limit your swapping limits until you are a proven swapper or that you SATISFY standard REQUIREMENTS.

You WILL BE MADE to send ME a certified coin or coins (PCGS & or NGC - ONLY) of a yet to be determined Value, to be held in Escrow, until which time you have proven yourself trustworthy as UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will thievery, procrastination or otherwise being derelict in upholding your end of a swap be tolerated!

Once you have proven yourself and are deemed trustworthy, your property will be returned to you at my expense! In the event you have NO certified coins to put up as Escrow (THIS SUBJECT IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE) you then MUST DEPOSIT an amount of MONEY (CONTINGENT UPON THE VALUE OF THE SWAPS YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR) into your Escrow account which AGAIN, WILL BE RETURNED once you have proven yourself to the Group! - To be fair, this will be determined by ME, as coordinator and 2 Assistants of my choosing) that will be empowered to act on my behalf for the Good of the Group, as a whole! Sorry but it MUST BE THIS WAY so that the "unthinkable" NEVER happens AGAIN!

Your personal information and Escrow will be entirely safe & will NOT be disclosed to ANYONE unless doing so should become absolutely necessary yet, by PCGS Forum Rules, such information WILL NEVER BE POSTED OR MADE KNOWN PUBLICLY! Upon the satisfactory completion of your probationary period, your Escrow <coins or money> WILL BE RETURNED UNLESS FORFEITED due to unethical trading practices (STEALING!)

I REPEAT - this is for new candidates AND IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE!

This MAY SEEM somewhat harsh but has become NECESSARY to offset and deter any shenanigans or "hit & run" swappers!

In the event you violate any of the Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping, depending on the severity of said violation, you WILL BE BARRED from participation in any further swaps, forfeit your coin(s) if you are derelict in upholding your end(s) of swaps and said coin(s) will be given proportionately to your partner(s).

You also agree and understand that contingent upon circumstance, you face possible prosecution to the fullest extent allowable by Law!

It's sad that it has come to this BUT for the good of the Whole this is how it IS and WILL BE from this day forward. PERIOD!

I Welcome any & everyone, without bias but I MUST do what is best for the good of this group! I, personally, will NOT permit ANYONE to ruin the swaps those among us have come to enjoy! Furthermore, should ANY Swapper continually prove to be PROBLEMATIC ... NOT ADHERE TO AND ABIDE by The Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping - if & when fellow swappers continually lodge grievances or complaints about ANY GIVE SWAPPER, said swapper will be barred from further participation.

I will print out the rules of swapping at a later time. Feel free to ask any & ALL questions you may have here, ANYTIME or via Private Message.

Comply if you will. The choice is yours to make.

Under the circumstances these guidelines MUST BE and ARE NOT AT ALL UNREASONABLE! THINK ABOUT IT.

Thank you,

BOOM ~

Coin Swap Coordinator

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Sounds like a better laid plan now. I pity the fool who doesn't follow through on this....Warren has some mean pup's!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Count me in again.

Thanks Again.
  • Options
    Jinx 86 has supplied the required information.

His participation is pending verification.

Thanks Jinx86. image
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    Boom,

It's been awhile but it's great to see that your swaps are alive and well (although somewhat tweaked). I saw your email from yesterday, holy cow, did someone make off with a tag box?. image Not good!

Anyway, I have been away for awhile See Link

I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    Boom/thread,

I sent Boom all of the info he requested including: Social Security #, Drivers License # with expiration #, phone numbers, emails, home address, mailing address.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Boom/thread,

I sent Boom all of the info he requested including: Social Security #, Drivers License # with expiration #, phone numbers, emails, home address, mailing address. >>

I don't even think I had to provide that much information when buying my last car... or even my last house!! image Have a good swap everyone image
  • Options
    Boom knows more about me than my priest, my rabbi, my priest, and my ex-wife. The blackmail request is coming...I just know it. image
  • Options

<< <i>Boom knows more about me than my priest, my rabbi, my priest, and my ex-wife. The blackmail request is coming...I just know it. image >>

Some may think that Boom is asking a lot of information, but maybe a few need to be as i have always told the folks I worked with - attitude readjustment time.

This information is ONLY in the event that someone does a BAD deed onto an non expecting individual- (see the 30anvZ28 thread). It has nothing to do with dollars and cents gentlemen, it has to do with what is right. If you want to steal from a person you know nothing about- then this is the wrong place to be, some coin collectors are kind of savvy about how the law works and there are people out there that do not take kindly to a thief. If you need to rip someone off- do it at home, play in your own backyard, don't come here thinking some folks are idiots- WE ARE NOT- we may be coin geeks, but we are definitely not stupid.

The swaps were always meant to be fun for all involved, do not put your swap partner thru hell just because you do not collect widgets and only collect high end material or are trying to better your Registry sets, if a price is set for the swap= define the pricing- is it the value of the coin or how much you need to spend in order to get such coin(s) for your partner- making your partner search half the country for a rare semi unobtainable coin is bull crap and you know it.

When you set a price of say for sake of conversation- $100.00 and all you want is PCGS coins - well consider that IF the coins you want total in PCGS price guide add up to $100.00 then that is what you get- DEAL WITH IT. If you AGREE to a total value as set by say Coin Values or Trends or even Numismedia- DEAL WITH IT!! Don't go back and say- I could have bought such and such coin for way less than what you paid for it- the value of what I sent you is much higher than what you sent me- that is a deal that will go bad in a heartbeat- AGREE to exchange like for like- IF you decide to add more to the mix because you feel apt to do so- then you should not quibble about what you get in return- you are a nice person and it all comes back in the long run.

(Damn I wrote a lot in under 5 minutes)

Moral of this tory- PLAY nice and don't ask for the moon- but DO NOT SCREW YOUR SWAP PARTNER OVER.

• Options
    Advalorem - good job.

I'll be in touch.

Rob (oxy8890) are you wanting in?

How about you illini?

If so, I need a declaration.

Till later,

Off to work I go.

Good job & take care Gents. image
  • Options
    Looking good. Nice, quality group.

Room for plenty more. image
  • Options
    Morning bump

although it never leaves the 1st page.
  • Options
    eggboneeggbone Posts: 615
    A new guy wants to play.
    PM sent with required info.
    Thanks in advance

• Options
    Boom- this list needs to be updated as to who all is in.

and lets pick a date to get this rollin. I hate last minute decisions.....
  • Options
    According to my calendar, Memorial Day is 05-25.

Everthing is proceeding quite well, thank you.

Relax.

• Options

<< <i>According to my calendar, Memorial Day is 05-25.

Everthing is proceeding quite well, thank you.

Relax.

image >>

Boom

who all is in the mix?

Set a drop dead date for those to enter.
  • Options
    Boom, how about a drum roll to start? image

• Options
    Mother's Day 11:59 PM is deadline for signup.

If you wish to take part please do what is required of everyone.

Thank you,
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I'm in....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options

<< <i>Mother's Day 11:59 PM is deadline for signup.

Thank you,
    image >>

For you sluggard husbands out there, that's unday, May 10! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mother's Day 11:59 PM is deadline for signup.

Thank you,
    image >>

For you sluggard husbands out there, that's unday, May 10! image >>

He said Mothers day, not Husband day....image

• Options
    Get her done, Maynard! Er, I mean, Boomeraynard!

• Options
    He must be sleeping.

well after noon now boys n girls....
  • Options
    Anyone else?

As of this post there still is time to enter.

Also, some have posted to this thread but
    have not indicated whether or not they wish to take part.

If YOU fall into this category (look around) please declare.

Back in a few.

Evening all.
  • Options
    advalorem is good to go as is eggbone.

Both did great jobs of furnishing the required info and as such I AM NOT

requiring any special deposites or escrow from either of these members at the present time.

One more to go!

If you're tired & waiting - GO TO BED! The pairings are going up Officially by Morning!

Droopy - here I come!
  • Options
    droopyd is hereby verified and cleared to take part.

I've spoken with him and choose NOT to impose any

conditions or sanctions (such as an escrow coin) upon him.

Gentlemen - Boom has hereby OK'd all new participants.

Please stand by while I continue.

AT WORST the pairings wiill be up as of Monday Morning!

Thanks to all & Welcome.image
  • Options
    IF you have signed up for this swap and DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME HERE - LET ME KNOW NOW!

The following are cleared for participation, having met all necessary requirements.

THIS IS NOT THE SET PAIRINGS! This IS just to make sure NO ONE has inadvertantly been left out!
    ****************************************************************************************************************************
    BOOM

TorinoCobra71

Musky1011

LonelyP

MORGANHUNTER2 ( ~ )

BigJohnD

slinc

claychaser

eyoung429

DocMortar

Advalorem ***

Aija

Eggbone ***

DroopyD ***

(Jinx86) - I need to contact this member FIRST before proceeding.
    He has provided the required contact info which I have not yet verified.

I do not expect there to be any issues with Jinx86 - but I NEED to do what I HAVE to do!

All New participants have provided the required info and I have spoken to all but Jonx86.

This is my fault because I just have not had the time to do so yet. When I DID try, it was
    far too late at night. As such, I will contact him in the Morning/ early afternoon, after which
    we will proceed!

Good Night Gentlemen. To be continued later Today. We are actually ahead of schedule.image

ANYONE ELSE? SPEAK UP NOW!!
  • Options
    I'll set the pairings in a few hours.

Dental appt NOW.

Back in a bit.

Till then ...

Standby
  • Options
    *Edited* The following are ALL cleared to participate

BOOM

TorinoCobra71

Musky1011

LonelyP

MORGANHUNTER2 ( ~ )

BigJohnD

slinc

claychaser

eyoung429

DocMortar

Advalorem ***

Aija

Eggbone ***

DroopyD ***

Jinx86***
  • Options
    OK Gentllemen, we stand at 15. As such, without going into detail, I choose to sit out.

Paramount IS having fun along with communication and a sense of Fair Play!

I ask that the NEW MEMBERS please copy and paste the PM you sent ME - to your swap partner so that
    they have your contact information (necessary anyway, right!?) along with your likes, dislikes & interests.

ELDER MEMBERS, I ask that you help the Newcomers along in every way and to help facilitate not only successful swaps
    but pleasant experiences as well. I am also counting on each of you to point out the Dos and Don'ts -
    The Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping that you all SHOULD KNOW by heart. Show the newcomers the ropes, OK?

As such, after initial communications are made please continue to WORK with your partners! DO NOT COMPLICATE MATTERS!

Everything takes place and is posted to THIS THREAD - from initial verifications of PMs sent to contact made, to Delivery Confirmation Numbers
    all the way through final declaration as to HONESTLY (after ironing out any issues amongst yourselves) STATING that you BOTH are satisfied.

NO SWAP is Final nor is anyone free to DO anything with what is sent until BOTH PARTIES MUTUALLY AGREE and post to this end, OK?

TorinoCobra71 swaps with Slinc

Musky1011 swaps with DroopyD

LonelyP swaps with Jinx86

MORGANHUNTER2 swaps with Advalorem

BigJohnD swaps with Eggbone

Claychaser swaps with DocMortar

EYoung429 swaps with Aija

This IS your lineup. MAKE IT WORK!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY ALL.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    PM's sent and replied.....

• Options
    I have PM'd advalorem and am awaiting his info.

Let this one kick off with fun and excitement!
  • Options
    PM'S exchanged with Claychaser.
  • Options
    The Dr. is back, and no doctored coins here!

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent to SLINC.

TC