Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will you take this in trade for a 1893s Morgan? NEW COIN POSTED! coin to be auctioned for charity!

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
I am sure that many people here have heard the story about the house that was traded for a red paper clip. If not, you can take a look here:

Paper clip trade

I thought I would do something similar to this. What I currently have for trade is a 2009 Log cabin reverse Lincoln cent. I want to trade up as many times as I can, until I reach a 1893-s Morgan Dollar in at least G4. When a new item is traded, it will be posted here until another offer is accepted.

Rules are:
Trade item can only be a coin or currency related item.
The item you want to trade would be sent to me, and upon approval, the trade item will be sent to you.
If you promise to trade an item, deliver.
You may post offers here or PM me.
And that's about it!

THE COIN WILL BE AUCTIONED ON EBAY WITH PROCEEDS GOING TO THE AMERICAN DIABETES FOUNDATION.
In the event that I am unable to reach a 1893-s, then whatever coin that is currently available will be sold for charity.

First on the trading block: SEE THE LAST PAGE FOR THE CURRENT COINS UP FOR TRADE!

2009 Penny had been traded!
1942 UNC Merc Dime. TRADED!

Ankur
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Options
    Beuler.....Beuler.....Beuler...... image
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    On the sportscard board this guy (LINK) is trying the same thing in hopes of getting a Mickey Mantle

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Yea I saw that, I dont know how far he has gotten though.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    Ttt
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    BST it.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I will trade you a 1994 nickel in EF 40 but you have to pay the shipping both ways.
  • Options
    rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    How about a Maserati Quattroporte?
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options

<< <i>How about a Maserati Quattroporte? >>

I will trade my nickel for you Maserati Quattroporte as well. It really comes down to who can get me the goods first.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    I think you should have started out closer to the original. Therefore I propose a trade for this:

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    I'll trade you two -- no, make that three -- 2009-D Lincoln cents.

Edited to add: Hey, gotta start small -- you ain't gettin' a Masarati right out of the gate!
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    Wow such generous offers so far!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>

I will trade my nickel for you Maserati Quattroporte as well. It really comes down to who can get me the goods first. >>

Well,

Call SGS, get it in a slab, and we'll talk.
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • Options
    Anyone with an offer? If nothing by tomorrow, will change the coin offerred.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    I'd RENT a common date Morgan MS64 for a HANDFUL of those.
    WILL WORK FOR CENTS, QUARTERS, HALVES, DOLLARS....

1879-O{Rev}: 1st coin of my "secret set"
    imagemy eBay
  • Options
    Umm, you'd need to have about 100,000,000 of those to pry my Eliasberg '93-S loose !!! image
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Umm, you'd need to have about 100,000,000 of those to pry my Eliasberg '93-S loose !!! image >>

That's what the owner of that house thought at first in the "Red Paper-Clip Story", but before you know it the deal was done.
  • Options
    ttt
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool idea. Would love to help you get started... PM sent.
  • Options
    image NEW COIN POSTED!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>image NEW COIN POSTED! >>

You should keep the '09 Linc. picture in the OP so we can see each step in your quest for a '93-S.
  • Options
    Will do!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

<< <i>The Penny had been traded! The new con is a 1942 UNC Merc Dime. >>

"Con" is right -- part of the deal on this "paperclip" thingy is that the trades are not supposed to be lopsided so as to imply charity on the part of one participant.

And based in your 7070, you hardly need charity.

I mean, you can do it however you want, but it's against the spirit of the exercise.
  • Options
    "Con" is right -- part of the deal on this "paperclip" thingy is that the trades are not supposed to be lopsided so as to imply charity on the part of one participant.

I mean, you can do it however you want, but it's against the spirit of the exercise. >>

You know, its people like you that make others leave this board. If you can't add anything productive or helpful, why the hell do you bother posting at all????? Do me a favor, stop posting on this thread, if you do not, I will report you to the moderator.

Regards.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    "You know, its people like you that make others leave this board. If you can't add anything productive or helpful, why the hell do you bother posting at all????? Do me a favor, stop posting on this thread, if you do not, I will report you to the moderator."

• Options

<< <i>"Con" is right -- part of the deal on this "paperclip" thingy is that the trades are not supposed to be lopsided so as to imply charity on the part of one participant.

I mean, you can do it however you want, but it's against the spirit of the exercise. >>

You know, its people like you that make others leave this board. If you can't add anything productive or helpful, why the hell do you bother posting at all????? Do me a favor, stop posting on this thread, if you do not, I will report you to the moderator.

Regards. >>

I think the 'con' word kind of fits the situation, why cry to a mod about it?

If anything you need to do a spell check before you hit the little submit button in the lower left corner..

now on with your little game..
  • Options

<< <i>"Con" is right -- part of the deal on this "paperclip" thingy is that the trades are not supposed to be lopsided so as to imply charity on the part of one participant.

Regards. >>

Blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Stop it droopyd....you already made the OP cry....havent you done enough?!?!?!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Regards. >>

Blah blah blah. >>

Agreed -- to make this work several parties have to be willing to give the OP more than fair value in trade -- which, in essence amounts to passing around a collection plate for a non-charitable purpose.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I will trade my nickel for you Maserati Quattroporte as well. It really comes down to who can get me the goods first. >>

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Connecticoin

<< "Con" is right -- part of the deal on this "paperclip" thingy is that the trades are not supposed to be lopsided so as to imply charity on the part of one participant.

Regards. >>

Blah blah blah. >>

Agreed -- to make this work several parties have to be willing to give the OP more than fair value in trade -- which, in essence amounts to passing around a collection plate for a non-charitable purpose"
  • Options
    Relax guys, I think Ankur's just looking to have a little bit of fun.

Besides, the Quattroporte is a Matchbox one image
  • Options

<< <i>Relax guys, I think Ankur's just looking to have a little bit of fun.

Besides, the Quattroporte is a Matchbox one image >>

Trying in earnest to start with a 2009 cent and end up with a $1500 coin is "not just a bit of fun". It is actually a SCAM to take advantage of our members through poor trades disguised as some sort of "fun project". If he were to donate the final coin to a charity organization, then thats different. But he makes no mention of anything like that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Relax guys, I think Ankur's just looking to have a little bit of fun.

Besides, the Quattroporte is a Matchbox one image >>

Trying in earnest to start with a 2009 cent and end up with a $1500 coin is "not just a bit of fun". It is actually a SCAM to take advantage of our members through poor trades disguised as some sort of "fun project". If he were to donate the final coin to a charity organization, then thats different. But he makes no mention of anything like that. >>

That would have been a worthy project , auction the final coin off and proceeds to a recoqnised charity.
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Hey ! I'm still trying to trade one of my Kidney's (got 2, but only need 1) for a MS-63 Pan-Pac $50... but noone has made me a counter offer image
    Good Luck on the 93S Morgan
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the house come with $100,000 in back taxes?

• Options

<< <i>Didn't the house come with $100,000 in back taxes? >>

It's in Bumblef--- Saskatchewan, I'm sure the house isn't even worth $100k Canadian.
  • Options
    TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    A bunch of Killjoys here.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey ! I'm still trying to trade one of my Kidney's (got 2, but only need 1) for a MS-63 Pan-Pac $50... but noone has made me a counter offer image
    Good Luck on the 93S Morgan >>

I will gladly do that trade. But I want to be the one who cuts out the Kindney and I get to keep the coin if by some horrible means the lord desides that you die on the table that day. But lets keep our fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.
  • Options
    And yet all of this comes from the guy who whined when everyone was ragging on his overgraded half dollar.

The trades will continue, and I really dont give a sh*t what people say.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The trades will continue, and I really dont give a sh*t what people say. >>

You tell emimage
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Just because I like your adventure

• Options
    What charity is it going to??
  • Options

<< <i>What charity is it going to?? >>

See first post.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options

• Options
    Trade Pending!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was cool before a charity was involved... those that didn't like it could have just moved along instead of whining about it... but now that it's for charity this should go really quick image Can't wait to see what sort of trades are made, good luck!
  • Options
    coins traded for the merc
    Will get them out in the post tuesday

• Options

The three coins above are now for trade!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file