Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MSN told me that if you used cashback before, you can't do it again.

I asked if I could use cashback again and was told to shove off...

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer Support! My name is George R. I will be assisting you with Service Request xxx regarding eBay cashback limits.

I understand your concern regarding the 12 cashback eligible purchase limit on eBay accounts, Rob.

The limit of 12 individual purchases that is part of eBay's terms and conditions for the Live Search cashback service found here, http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html, is per the life of each eBay account and, unfortunately, does not reset to 0 over time. At the aforementioned site you will find the information below:

Cashback Program
The Microsoft Live Search Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 12 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.

Comments

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are that upset by having to play by the rules just set up new accounts. It's not like they cost anything.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MSN told me that if you used cashback before, you can't do it again. >>

No, you were told that if you used cashback twelve times before, you can't do it again.

<< <i> asked if I could use cashback again and was told to shove off... >>

No, you were told politely to follow the rules.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    You can make a second eBay account it is allowed. You just cant make a second live.com account to get around the $2,500 limit.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grocery store gets paid either way and I end up with less food by not foraging. (clipping coupons)
    At some juncture, the hassle isn't worth the logistics. For heavy users, eBay and MSN would be wise to continue to allow this benefit to those who use it. I sure don't clip coupons, practical and wise, or not. I'll let you have mine. See how easy it could be if those corporate giants weren't so greedy ?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The grocery store gets paid either way and I end up with less food by not foraging. (clipping coupons)
    At some juncture, the hassle isn't worth the logistics. For heavy users, eBay and MSN would be wise to continue to allow this benefit to those who use it. I sure don't clip coupons, practical and wise, or not. I'll let you have mine. See how easy it could be if those corporate giants weren't so greedy ? >>

Corporate giants being greedy? I am sure they are, but let's be fair, it is some of the users being greedy in this case.
    I don't recall cashback ever saying it would reset. It was 6 initially, right? Then, it was 12. People made lots of assumptions.

What's so difficult about following guidelines set?

I'd agree with Seanq, above.......it was a polite reply...not a "shove off". I guess, without trying for added drama, it just wouldn't be as fun?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that it was 12 times in one year. Is this not correct?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    I distinctly remember seeing "12 per calendar year"...

my gripe is that it appears MSN is going back on their word

My question is, what accounts need to be switched to continue cashbacking...just use a different ebay name (registered under the same info), a new live account, a new paypal account, what

As MSN is preparing to raise the % back to 30 again, I would like to prepare ahead of time.
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    As MSN is preparing to raise the % back to 30 again...

Do we know this for sure?
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already used your 12 what is the issue?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>See how easy it could be if those corporate giants weren't so greedy ? >>

I see greed in this thread, and it ain't on the corporate side.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>See how easy it could be if those corporate giants weren't so greedy ? >>

I see greed in this thread, and it ain't on the corporate side. >>

Me too it's funny what people want to get Free money
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Hell hath no fury like a bargain-shopping collector scorned.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I distinctly remember seeing "12 per calendar year"...

My question is, what accounts need to be switched to continue cashbacking...just use a different ebay name (registered under the same info), a new live account, a new paypal account, what

As MSN is preparing to raise the % back to 30 again, I would like to prepare ahead of time. >>

I don't know what u were looking at, but the criteria that eBay had, has, never indicated 12 per calendar year, just 12 per account.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I have trouble accepting this logic of 12 per account. Why would they implement such a silly rule, when most people have at least 2 or 3 ebay accounts. There must be more to it than that
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have trouble accepting this logic of 12 per account. Why would they implement such a silly rule, when most people have at least 2 or 3 ebay accounts. There must be more to it than that >>

I for one, do not know of anyone, including myself, that has more than 1 account. I'm sure the 12 per account limitation is there to limit "flipping."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have trouble accepting this logic of 12 per account. Why would they implement such a silly rule, when most people have at least 2 or 3 ebay accounts. There must be more to it than that >>

Rob, I love ya man, but, what you find "silly" may not be "silly" to others.
    I don't think "most" people have more than 1 ebay account. I don't and I think a lot of folks don't who are casual users.
    Aside from some folks on these boards, I don't know anyone in real life who has more than 1 ebay account. Granted, not a huge number to go by, but still, I think it gets the point across.

Sometimes people read into something what they want to see and then get upset when it isn't what they wanted.

Cashback is what it is. You either play the game the way it is, or you don't play. If you don't like it, you have a chance to go make your own game (kind of like what you did in your sigline about your 25% cashback image ). I don't think you would like it if someone tried to tell you how to do it, right? So, play what you are dealt. You used your cards already and if they reset, then cool. If not, why be bitter?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that you are confusing the idea of twelve cashback purchases on ebay for the life of the account with the statement that up to $2,500 can be obtained in cashback rebates per year?
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I distinctly remember seeing "12 per calendar year"...

As MSN is preparing to raise the % back to 30 again, I would like to prepare ahead of time. >>

I made a new account after using up the 12 on my original eBay account.
    I had to use a different email addy and a new eBay account name. I linked the new account to the same paypal account as my original eBay account. And it is linked to the same live.com account.

I have used ms cashback 10 times on my new account without any issues.
    The main thing in my opinion that Msn cares about is that you do not violate the $2500.00 a year limit.

I think eBay stopped at 12 using the logic that if you max out each purchase with the cb limit then after 12 you would have reached the $2500 cap.

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    I just opened my eighth account, takes about five minutes. Rule is 12 uses per account, you can have as many ebay accounts as you like, all within their rules.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    I have always had separate ebay accounts for buying and selling. Plus one extra.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each ebay account has to have it own paypal account. Each paypal account has to have it's own credit card and bank account. You will need a separate cashback account to go with each paypal account. It helps keep things organized if your cashback account and paypal accounts have the same email address name.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I have read the terms of the agreement and it does say something about "per calender year" but I have used my 12 and when I try and use again it says I have exceeded my lifetime limit of 12. These statemnents contradict themselves. Who limits to 12. Is it Ebay or MSN. If you do the math between Paypal fees and final value fees ebay is still making out with some money even if someone is flipping. What if a guy was buying $20 or $30 dollar items all of the time why do they limit it to 12 purchases. I kind of understand the $2500 limit.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a promotion, not a lifetime shopping spree.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Its a promotion, not a lifetime shopping spree. >>

Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file