Home Precious Metals
Options

What should I do? Ag Bar Question

I recently got 40 silver 1 oz engelhard bars sealed in the orginal plastic. However, there are lots of little holes in the plastic and the bars have toned where these holes are located. Should I leave them in the original plastic or take them out and put them in holders?

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>I recently got 40 silver 1 oz engelhard bars sealed in the orginal plastic. However, there are lots of little holes in the plastic and the bars have toned where these holes are located. Should I leave them in the original plastic or take them out and put them in holders? >>

Leave them as is. Future buyers wont penalize them for being toned, but some Engelhard collectors may actually pay you a small premium since they are in original plastic. Its a no lose situation to keep them as they are.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Leave them as they are.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I concur
    Its all relative
  • Options
    They're your bars. Do with them what you want. Personally, I'd probably put them in two of those airtight bar vaults. If you don't like them in the plastic, take them out. It's not hurting anything leaving them in there, though.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were me I'd cut them out and put them into the 20 bar vaults. They're not airtite but they make a good, easy method for storage.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that you leave them as they are.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.