Home Metal Detecting
Options

1964 Kennedy Half Jackpot from bankrolls

Silver can still be found. Out of fifteen rolls I bought from several different banks, I found 19 1964 uncs and one 1965 in one single roll...Another single roll contained 20 choice Unc 1964s .. all the other rolls there were 2 1968s and 1 1977 proof.... 10 BU clads ... OK its not metal detecting .... or is it?
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck of a find.Are you going to the same bank for more?I would and good luck.

Al
  • Options
    Great find!
  • Options
    I,m thinking of making a full time job out of hunting silver. I have cheap detector ,but I don,t think they will let me bring it in the bank..image
  • Options
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing... I have roll searched literally a couple hundred rolls and never found one silver (or partial silver) half. Guess I will try again. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go........LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Congrats! Incredible find! Hmm. Might have to try this myself sometime.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Precious Metal Detector for rent. No batteries included image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG!

Ca-Ching! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I am about ready to give up on half dollars around here.
    I rarely find any at the bank.
    When I do find some they have already been searched by some idiot.

He uses a key or something to scratch across the face of each coin thus ruining the coin.
    Othertimes a magic marker is used in black or purple to mark each coin.

Just in case he sees this post. "STOP RUINING THE COINS YOU IDIOT!!"
  • Options
    Friday..April 4.... Out of 100 rolls I found 21 65-69 s / 3 1964s Alot of work for 50 dollars of silver.. And I don,t think my bank teller was very happy when I deposited the coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Friday..April 4.... Out of 100 rolls I found 21 65-69 s / 3 1964s Alot of work for 50 dollars of silver.. And I don,t think my bank teller was very happy when I deposited the coins. >>

A lot of work??

Last time I did it I searched $500 face of halves and got 2 40% silver. That's a pain in the rear.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    hot dog!...now thats cool....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I am about ready to give up on half dollars around here.
    I rarely find any at the bank.
    When I do find some they have already been searched by some idiot.

He uses a key or something to scratch across the face of each coin thus ruining the coin.
    Othertimes a magic marker is used in black or purple to mark each coin.

Just in case he sees this post. "STOP RUINING THE COINS YOU IDIOT!!" >>

Im wondering why anyone would have the need to presumably test these coins by scratching or magic marker.If they are testing for silver they need only check the date,if they are just out and out ruining the silver ones..why not buy them at face value..i cant help thinking nobodys trying to ruin the coins.Quite a few of my Morgans and Peace dollars show this black/purple magic marker dot...at least thats what it looks like , same appears on some of my British Crowns and so on.
    Im sure its not a marker pen doing it , weird it appears on larger silver coins as opposed to smaller coinage.

• Options

Todays find out of 15 rolls ..2-65s, 3-66s, 6-67s, 3-68s, 1-69 holed, 1-2000 silver proof, 1-2000 clad proof, 1-62 Franklin, 4 BUs, 1 oil pan toned 74.. Who would roll up a silver proof?
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    very nice,had yourself a good day.image
    figglehorn
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    darn good finds..makes ya rethink actually buying the silver
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    how do you know that a coin is UNC?
  • Options

<< <i>how do you know that a coin is UNC? >>

MS 60 Uncirculated- No trace of wear. Full mint luster present, but may be noticeably marred by scuff marks or bag abrasions.
  • Options

<< <i>how do you know that a coin is UNC? >>

If there's a NEPH or a NIEC around, then it's either an UNC or an ANT.image