Home Metal Detecting
Options

While back I was looking for a velcro strap for my CZ3D(small story)

I emailed Fisher Labs and asked them where I could get one. I looked on the net and couldn't find a dealer that had any for sale. I wrote a post on this forum and was advised just to make one, but I wasn't happy with that.

SO! I sent the email on February 21st. A customer service lady by the name of Sylvia asked around and located some.
(Sylvia sent me the email thread that showed emails from other people that had various information)

I recieved the email yesterday March 24th stating that they will sell me one for $2.48(LOL). In the email they gave me the part # so I chucked that into a search engine and came up with a dealer in S.C. that sold them for 3 bucks. Being a cheap ass I emailed her back asking for a means to pay the $2.48 for the strap.

I just got an email today saying that since it was only $2.48 just give me your address and I'll send ya one for free LOL! Cha Ching!

I know, I know, the climax sucked and probably the whole story, But I really wanted ( and I'm a huge pain in the ass for this) an original Fisher velcro strap for my detector.

Small note: When you purchase a Fisher detector the velcro strap doesnt come with it. They make them, yes, But they ship the straps to dealers and let the dealers sell them as an accessory. After paying nearly $800 for my detector you would think a damn strap would come with it LOL.

PURPLE!

Comments

• Options
    Yes...I would think it comes with!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing... for sure I would expect it with the detector for that price. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that same detector! How do ya like it?

I have trouble with the headset cord bumping the knobs and setting my sensitivity to 10 or 0 or something crazy.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Hi,

The Fisher CZ3D is an awesome machine. You mentioned you have trouble with the cord bumping the knobs. I have a pair of RAT Phones that I use and the plug is on a 90 Degree angle. It pretty much keeps from bumping the knobs. The cord is a bit long on the phones and it does sway a bit but not to the point where it interferes with anything.

As for the detector, It definitly helped my ability to find nickles LOL. I have all three coils for it 5" 8" 10" and it just kicks a ton of ass.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get a smaller coil? I really would like a 5"!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    The smaller coil I bought used/like new from an MD shop in New York. Upstate Metal Detectors I believe. I think thats where I got it. I know I got my head phones from there LOL. The big 10.5" incher ( mistake in my above post) I bought used from another detector enthusiast on a different forum.

"Edit" I just did a search for the smaller coil and they are for sale everywhere at a price of 89.95. Just make sure you buy the one that fits the CZ series and you will be fine. You might be able to find one used for a cheaper price.

*pics*

Standard Vs. smaller:

Standard Vs. Bigger:

I think the sizes are 5" 8" 10.5" (at least measured with a ruler, thats what they are.

PURPLE!