thanks!

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Under those guidelines - Ramirez. Pujols walks too much to take first in a league that doesn't generate points for OBP or BB.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    PUJOLS
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Josh Hamilton, but I'm a homer....

We all know who Fandango would pick. LOL!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Ramirez...he is the total package...power and speed and hits for average, plus they are dropping him now to 3rd in the lineup this season which will generate more RBIs..

Edit: I had the #3 pick in my draft and got Puljos after Ramirez went #1 and Reyes #2...the SBs are significant to consider..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Reyes

Will lead the league in triples, stolen bases and score over 100 runs again. Also led the league in hits last yr.

He will hit 20 hr's in the new ballpark and drive in 80+

P.S yes im a Mets fan
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to take into account that Pujols will be turning 35 this year.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Be sure to take into account that Pujols will be turning 35 this year. >>

I thought is was 37?

Man...i am out of touch.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Pujols will also be showing up on that 103 player list that Arod doesn't want to talk about...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with Ramirez. At most Pujols will steal you ten (10) bases (though he did steal 16 in 2005). Ramirez has gone 51, 51 and 35 in the SB department. As such, I can see Ramirez going +25 or more in SB. The other numbers can be essentially a wash, except for RBIs, which are in large part dependent on the quality of the player's team. But if nothing else, Ramirez plays a more difficult position.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>Reyes

Will lead the league in triples, stolen bases and score over 100 runs again. Also led the league in hits last yr.

He will hit 20 hr's in the new ballpark and drive in 80+

P.S yes im a Mets fan >>

Make that 2 for Reyes

I'm a Met fan too

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I guess after looking at numbers, you should prob take Pujols, but it's razor thin. See below. This is how your stats would be after each having a year equal to their career-best

Pujols Best Year (06)

R .25 - 29.75
    H .25 - 44.25
    2B .5 - 16.5
    3B .75 - 0.75
    HR 2 - 98
    RBI 1 - 137
    SB 1 - 7

TOTAL - 333.25

Ramirez's best year (07)

R .25 - 31.25
    H .25 - 53
    2B .5 - 24
    3B .75 - 4.5
    HR 2 - 58
    RBI 1 - 81
    SB 1 - 51

TOTAL - 302.75
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with Hanley - heard he bulked up in the off season. Pujols is more injury-prone. Is it an NL-only league or mixed?
    Matt

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Hanley it is.

Thanks!
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Ramirez without question to me. Shortstop is not as deep as 1B.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ramirez without question to me. Shortstop is not as deep as 1B. >>

Exactly.

Compare the 2nd best shortstop to the 2nd best corner infielder. Then compare the 5th. Then the 10th.
  • Options
    The highest dollar value league I am in puts a premium on walks and K's. You are penalized for 2+ K's per game and receive nice bonuses for 2+ walks per game. In other words, Pujols is a no-brainer.
  • Options
    All depends on how your league is scored, but, given most leagues, I'd go with Hanley due to position scarcity. There are a ton more quality first basemen than there are shortstops.

Ultimately it comes down to who you want on your team, but if I was in that position, I'd go with Ramirez.