Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1956 PR DDR Roosie Question

I have found a true DDR 1956 DDR dime but it is not listed in the current cherry pickers guide.
Will PCGS still attribute it?
And what would it take to get it added to the cherry pickers guide?

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will PCGS still attribute it?
    And what would it take to get it added to the cherry pickers guide? >>

I would also like an answer to this question. There are several dimes that still need to be listed in this book.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Most likely not.

Their official policy is not to grade it if not a Cherrypicker.

I HAVE seen exceptions made for CONECA varieties that were not a Cherrypicker (some RPM's and minor DDO's - e.g. 71 1c Die 4).

If NEITHER, no way.

Hopefully someone can chime in and say they DEFINITELY WILL certify if EITHER a CPG or CONECA variety. image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

PCGS will label the coin as a minor variety. You have to pay for the variety attribution $24, grading fee $18,
    processing fee $8 and postage to & fro about $15. Not worth it. I have several DDO's and RPM's even a couple
    FS # coins I wont send in. I just put a little sticker on them and put them away for now. Here is what a PCGS
    minor variety cirt looks like. This is only one I had them do.

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Exactly but are you saying that they will as a matter of course do this for ANY non-Cherrypicker?
    Is there a filter as to which coins they will in fact do this for (e.g. must be a CONECA variety)?
    Still not sure we have a clear answer as to which non-Cherrypickers they will attribute Nick (although the process you spell out is right on).

A believe a 71 die 4 below:

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And what would it take to get it added to the cherry pickers guide? >>

Read page 429 of your guide, to get your coin checked/added to the guide.

J.T. Stanton
    P.O. Box 15487
    Savannah GA. 31416-2187
    Email: jtstanton@aol.com

Note.. You must write him before sending coins... And no it's not free, but what is?
    Dan