Home Metal Detecting
Options

Any helpful advice?

Hey guys, I have been metal detecting for several months now (since Nov. 08) and I have gotten much better every time I go. My girlfriend had gotten me a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver and so far I have found quite a few coins and various objects. I live on the east coast of Florida in Vero Beach and I have gone to just about every park and beach in the area and I have found ALOT more things in the parks then in any beach. Well, now I am wanting to move on to new grounds but I am not sure where there are good areas to go. How do you go about scouting for new areas to scan? Alot of things here are residential or orange groves and cows. Any advice on finding good places to scan? Sometimes I see areas that I wouldn't mind stopping the car and checking it out ( I carry the detector in the car just incase), but I don't want to break any laws and sometimes these places don't have a house or a person around I can ask.
Star's/ Matching Star's/ Error's/ Low Serial's

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." ~ Reinhold Niebuhr

Comments

• Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    At one time I drove around looking for people replacing sidewalks. You have to be fast with them though because they usually cover them with topsoil/gravel/Metal mesh. I found a few nice coins from broken sidewalks.

Purple
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaches and parks are NEVER hunted out.... sounds like (to me) you need to refine your searching technique. Also, can you hunt wet sand with that unit? Much of the good stuff is in the wet stuff.... RickO
  • Options
    ricko, I still find stuff at the parks, but rarely at the beaches. Yes it can go in wet sand and underwater, I just have to give it a minute to adjust to the salt and even with doing that I rarely find anything good. I have two really good park locations I try to go to often and continue to find things every time, but it's nothing more then pennies and a few quarters.
    Star's/ Matching Star's/ Error's/ Low Serial's

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." ~ Reinhold Niebuhr