Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hum, No re-charge

I received my Garrett product magazine in the mail the other night. I notice the Garrett 250 will take 4 AA batteries. My question is this Why hasn't Garrett make a rechargeable unit. If I buy one and I go out, I can easily see I could run through about 16-24 batteries in one day, this can set very expensive won't it.
Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I can go an entire season on one set of batteries in my 250, but, I don't get out as much as I'd like either.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    I don't think the Garrett would use up that much juice that quick. I've already been out for probably about 12 hours on one set of batteries (actually the ones that came with the Garrett). I do always have an extra 4 with me just in case. I can't imagine having some good luck one day and having the batteries die.
  • Options
    Based on many recommendations here on the forum, I have an Ace 250 on the way. Should be here Monday. I stock AA batteries because of the number of remote controls around the house. I suppose you could use rechargeable AA NiCad batteries if you wanted. Maybe it's not recommended.
  • Options
    I use Rechargeable batteries like for Digicam. Can't go wrong
    Its all relative
  • Options
    One set of 4 AA's in an ACE 250 will go for 20-30 hours depending on whether you use headphones or not. You can also use rechargeables if you'd like. HH
    -Joe

-Weinman Fan
  • Options
    That's good to know I can use rechargeable because I don't trust the state of NY any longer. We've found out some batteries will use up quicker in NY than in other states.
    Big Kahuna

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There also is the trick of opening up a new six volt battery... and getting the (I think 32) double A's out of it... the one battery costs about the same as four AA's.... worth a try anyway. Cheers, RickO