Home Precious Metals
Options

A little gold to brighten up the day!

I recently aquired my 10th gold 1oz panda, its a mini-milestone. My collection now consists of 60 different gold pandas of the possible 139 coin set. They make up 17.55 ounces of pure gold, and represent almost exactly 1/3rd by weight of the complete BU panda series. I still have a LONG way to go! Enjoy.image

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool collection bro and congrats on hitting the milestone. I like the one without the raised rim the best by far. What's the reasoning behind two of the coins being 500 Yuan and the others only 100 even though they're all 1oz AU?
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    In 2001 the Chinese Mint decided to update the monetary token value on their bullion. It had been 100 Yuan since 1982, and now these carry the 500 Yuan designation. It would be like if the U.S. Mint decided to raise the face value on the AGE to $250 from this point forward. It has no real consequence.

P.S.- That one with the panda coming out of the bamboo forest that you like so much is my wife's least favorite of all 28 designs! I dig it tho.
  • Options
    Very nice, I like the ones where the black on the panda's has detail, I can't pick a favorite tho.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful gold Pandas. Wish I had bot some with you last year !!
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    This one creeps me out a little bit. He looks like he's walking upright on two legs, and is going to come up behind me and whack me with that tree branch!

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Chad, that was the 1st time a panda design showed just half the panda (1995). Im not a huge fan of that design either, although its the 2nd rarest of all 28 years so far with a mintage of just 17,000 pieces.
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Can't say your Gold Panda collection is "complete" without adding these image

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>This one creeps me out a little bit. He looks like he's walking upright on two legs, and is going to come up behind me and whack me with that tree branch!

image >>

I thought the same thing, looks like KUNG FU PANDA! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?