Home Metal Detecting
Options

I need a beach scoop!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm less than 15 miles away from Bonnie Doon in Santa Cruz, CA! It's a fairly popular beach. There's even a naked side.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    A scoop with wire basket will work best in that damp/wet sand. I like
    a long handle--30 inch.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I'm less than 15 miles away from Bonnie Doon in Santa Cruz, CA! It's a fairly popular beach. There's even a naked side.

image >>

Wow you need an accurate photo of the beach then (the naked side)! image That might not be a good place to search, no pockets to lose things out of lol.
  • Options

<< <i>A scoop with wire basket will work best in that damp/wet sand. I like
    a long handle--30 inch.

Jerry >>

Thanks for the recommendation! I tried using a hand trowel last week-- it was useless. imageP
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the type with the reinforcing bar between the handle and the basket... will last much, much longer. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>
    Wow you need an accurate photo of the beach then (the naked side)! image That might not be a good place to search, no pockets to lose things out of lol. >>

• Options
    If your cheap like me, or don't go out much. A Maxwell house coffee container with holes drilled in it worked well for me. in the dry it would sift well enough. In the wet, no so good. BUT it would scoop wet sand well.

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options

<< <i>If your cheap like me, or don't go out much. A Maxwell house coffee container with holes drilled in it worked well for me. in the dry it would sift well enough. In the wet, no so good. BUT it would scoop wet sand well.

image >>

I'm cheap. image Thanks for the advice, sounds like a good idea! When I was growing up, we had barbells my dad made by stick a bar into two coffee cans filled with concrete. image
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I took an old plastic gasoline can, cut off the front side, and drilled holes too small to allow a dime through all over it. I can't wait to get to a beach and see if it works.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
  • Options
    I found a 1937 Lincoln cent there Saturday! It's my oldest coin find so far.