Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Any additions to your sets from Long Beach?

Personally, I picked up a few lincolns from the LaBute collection for my Lincoln set and picked up a few Large cents which I'll need to cross over/crack out if I decide to keep them. Anyone make a good score?

Rich

Comments

• Options
    I was able to pick up some gem Barbers for my Type set at bargain basement prices last night at Heritage's Bullet auction. Did not attend the show itself.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    I didn't go either image I also got out sniped on two coins. I was willing to go much higher on one so need to revamp my bidding strategy.
  • Options
    I wasn't out there but picked up three early quarters, three large cents, an Indian cent proof, an 1880 shield nickel and maybe a 1825 fat head $2.50,
    mostly from the auction.
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    billywls,

Hopefully I'll be able to lighten the burden of all those Lincolns at David Lawrence (it may take a day or two to list them) image

I just re-read your post, three LRG Cents!!! You and spooly are giving me a run, I picked up three that I hope to cross from the Bullet, need to see them in person but the scans looked good and the pice was right. Maybe alot of people watching the closing ceremonies from the olympics.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Long Beach was good for my 1792-1964 Type set:
    MS-62 1899 Type III Double Eagle
    MS-64BN 1835 Half Cent
    MS-63BN 1820 Large Cent
    MS-62 1891 Seated Liberty Dime
    MS-61 1911 Indian Half Eagle (Accidentally won in the auction)
    MS-61 1873 Open 3 Double Eagle (Again, accidentally won in the auction)

I was hoping for a early half or quarter, just too expensive for me.
    With these alone, I should go to number 6 and with the raw coins I'm having slabbed, I could go to #5image

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    Way to go guys. Don't feel bad about knocking me out of 5'th in complete type... I've been expecting it for a while already image
  • Options
    I added 7 to my collection over the past week from the LB Show.

Heritage Auction I had bids on 15 lots and won the 4 below
    1900 NGC66 -6056
    1900-O NGC66 -6058
    1901-O NGC66 -6066
    1903-O NGC66 -6074

from Dealers
    1903 PCGS66 -JLEE
    1885-O PCGS66 -Liberty

I also sent in an ACG MS60 96-O that both ANACS and NGC indicated would grade AU55 so this and the 4 from the auction got dropped off at the PCGS table for crossover.

Ritchie
    What will kill a thread faster than a reply from Ritchie?
  • Options
    I bought two coins: MS-62 Standing liberty quarter and a MS-64RB Two cent piece for my CNS type set. Both numbers wouldn't go into the set registry. Who's e-mail at PCGS should I contact? I have never e-mailed PCGS before. Thanks.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    You can try Gayle Kean at gayle@collectors.com (I think it might be Gayle_Kean@collectors.com). I usually give them all of the information on the holder. Usually takes about three days for the programmers to update the registry database.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Actually her email address is: keang@collectors.com and she does help out quickly. I had the same problem last Thursday and she fixed it.

Her full information is:
    Gayle Kean
    Collectors Universe
    (949) 567-1234 Ext. 409
    Fax (949) 833-7660

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    My measly purchases at Long Beach included a 1937-D Oregon Trail half (PCGS MS66), a 1919 SLQ (PCGS MS64FH), a 1909 IE cent (PCGS MS65RB), a 1916 cent (PCGS MS65RD) and a 1992 cent (PCGS MS67RD). I also submitted two coins to PCGS for reholdering, and seven for crossover. Now I'm saving up my money for the upcoming Buena Park show. I will be looking for a nice Flying Eagle cent, among other coins.
    Matt
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Got a 1923 NGC MS67 SLQ and a 1928D NGC MS64 (near Full Head) SLQ.
    All at bargain basement price from Heritage auction.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover