Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If this was your lincoln, would you submit it?

mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
Hi all, if the lincoln below was yours, would you submit it? If so, what grade do you think it would get? If sent to NGC, would it get a star?

Thank you!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Comments

• Options
    Pictures are not detailed enough to develop an opinion regarding grade.

It does seem, though, that the coloration is of the style and type for which NGC gives star designations.

Can you get a clear, close-up shot of just the Lincoln?
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough data with current photos to answer with confidence. Color looks outstanding.
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    I would, only if it grades @ 65 or better.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    I'll try and get better pics of the lincoln, I'm not a good photographer though!

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Can't tell the details based on the photos, but it seems to have nice coloring
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. But only if I had some others to send in with it
  • Options
    I'd submit it in a heartbeat if it looks as good or better in hand than the photo. Photo is tough to see much detail in, but surfaces look pretty clean. Color is RB.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not enough data with current photos to answer with confidence. Color looks outstanding. >>

I agree..Love the color.
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    What for? Is there a contest, or??
  • Options
    I was looking to sell the mint set but was told by someone that perhaps I should submit the lincoln and if it came out with a good grade, I could get more for it.

• Options

<< <i>I was looking to sell the mint set but was told by someone that perhaps I should submit the lincoln and if it came out with a good grade, I could get more for it. >>

What does the reverse of the Lincoln look like?
    imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That toned Lincoln is worth between $3 and $45. Grading fees and shipping both ways will chew up about $40.
    Lance.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That toned Lincoln is worth between $3 and $45. Grading fees and shipping both ways will chew up about $40.
    Lance. >>

I'd probably agree.......raw, it would probably realize $20-$30. Slabbed, $25-$45 or so.
    Grading fees+shipping (depending on which TPGS) likely to be $20-$40+ depending if it went in solo or with another coin.

So, you could make $20+ raw, maybe, or you could make the same amount, or less (maybe lose a few bucks depending on if you sell on ebay, etc), getting it slabbed and selling it.

Now, if it was for your set and you really liked it, then slab and enjoy....just to flip it though? Nah.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file