Home Metal Detecting

Senior ring returned

Well I've tracked down another Senior ring owner. I found this one a year ago last October. The principal of the High School put me in touch with the girls parents. The dad stopped by and picked it up. I told him I found it by a swimming pool. He told me that it had been stolen four years ago from his daughter along with her cell phone from where she was working. He pulled out his billfold and offered me a Twenty. I told him Thank You was good enough for me.

I have 3 more Senior rings that I'm working on.

Comments

• Very cool, Bob!

G Man
    imageimageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.... a lot of effort, but worth it..... Cheers, RickO
  • Great job. Those are the best kinds of finds plus do a great deal of good for detecting. Congratulations - I love that feeling.
    -Joe

-Weinman Fan
  • Great story.
    I found a class type ring my first day MDing. Was thinking how cool it would be to track down the owner. Doesn't have any clues however and its not very nice condition.
    Its all relative
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I found a girls class ring at the dump once. It was a recent graduate so I figured it would be easy. I looked in the year book and found the only girl with those engraved initials and looked her up in the phone book. After I had told her I found her ring and told her where I lived she came to the house to get it. I told her I had found it at the dump and she wouldn't believe me. As I held the ring out for her to take she snatched it from my hand and got into her car, not even a thank you.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you'll find the one I lost in the old swimming hole on the Carson River back in '64.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭
    About 4 years ago I returned a class ring to a woman who had it stolen in the mid 50's. The ring was found by my father-in-law at Fort Knox in 1958 or 1959 and kept in my mother-in-law's jewelry box until she one day asked me if I thought that I could track down the original owner. It turned out that the person went to school in Pittsburgh and the school has an active alumni group...the woman was tracked down in Florida and the ring returned. I got a nice thank you letter and my mother-in-law got a call from the lady. I'm glad that she was reunited with her ring after 50 years.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Very cool to hear. Now, if I could only find mine.....
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history