Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

MSLive Cashback is Back

It's only at 8% right now, but better than nothing.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i am very late to the party. how does this cash back promotiion work exactly?
  • Options
    This is a very good thing!

The one thing I was never clear on with the last round...does this work if you make an offer on a BIN item or are you only eligible to earn cashback if you pay the full BIN amount?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Pat you have to sign up at live.com or whatever it is called and then use that as the browser
    to get to ebay. You then BIN an item, pay thru PP and they give you cash back through PP

Too much of a hassle for me, I'm not into buying right now doing more selling.

It has worked out for many folks though. Some received as much as 30% off certain items.

The sellers realized it and some raised prices.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Basically you go to www.live.com which is Microsoft's search site. Search for a term like "xbox" and you will see an ad pop up that says something like:

Xbox
    - www.eBay.comLive Search cashbackLive Search cashback

Buy Xbox. You may get 8% off with PayPal if eligible

You click on that link and it takes you to ebay. You can then search for any item in ebay and as long as it's a "Buy It Now" item, you will receive that percentage back via paypal. Sometimes they send you the rebate instantly, sometimes you have to wait 60 days for it. If you are about to purchase a Buy It Now item and you have clicked on that link to get to ebay, after you click to purchase the item, but before you actually confirm the purchase, you should see a logo and a $$$ amount for the rebate listed like in the pic below. Hope that helps.

• Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    where i get lost is we would have to enter our ebay id and password into this live.com site? in other words, i would have to log into ebay from a link as opposed to ebay.com?
  • Options

<< <i>where i get lost is we would have to enter our ebay id and password into this live.com site? in other words, i would have to log into ebay from a link as opposed to ebay.com? >>

i believe you perform a search on live.com like "wii" and at the very top of the listing youll see an ad that says ebay cash back and you would have to click that then log in to your account and make purchases.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a very good thing!

The one thing I was never clear on with the last round...does this work if you make an offer on a BIN item or are you only eligible to earn cashback if you pay the full BIN amount? >>

It does not work on best offers. But, just negotiate the price you want and have the seller bring down the buy it now price so you essentially get the same price as your best offer. Do this + use the live rebate and you've saved that much more. I've used that exact approach several times and as long as the seller is happy with your best offer, they're usually willing to take down the buy it now price to match what you offered.

Hope it helps and hope it increases above 8%

• Options
    If you log into ebay before you go to live.com, you won't have to log in again.
  • Options
    And one more post to get rid of the unlucky number.
  • Options
    Thanks, that's what I had done last round but thought I had heard it may work on "offers" as well and was hoping I could avoid the extra step of having to ask them to relist it again at our agreed price. Think I'll hold off for now and wait for at least 15%.
  • Options
    After waiting 4 months to get my cashback last time, I think I will pass on using it to buy a slightly overpirced item just to get the refund.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't that suck.. just bought a flat screen monitor for my new pc earlier this week!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the headsup. Can't get anything to show me the %age off on any of the keywords.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    It worked for me last night. Saved 8% on a new Callaway Driver. Better than nothing.

You do have to wait a while to get the money back, but when you do it's like a gift. Negotiate a fair price you'd pay for an item anyway and then use the discount.

8% doesn't seem like it might be worth it, but it was nice at 30%. I bought the kids a Wii, Wii fit, multiple controllers, etc. as a Christmas gift in early October. Right around Christmas, I suddenly had a $130 bucks extra in my paypal account, a nice gift for me.

shawn
  • Options
    Try using the word "wii"
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Yeah same here. Even at 8% it is free money on something I would be buying anyways. Kinda like reverse taxes, the item is already cheaper than it is at Wal-Mart and when I buy it rather than paying out 6% extra for tax- they give me 8% back.
  • Options
    Can't get the discount to showup for me no matter what word I try. I may have exhausted my times of using the discount.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    The sellers realized it and some raised prices.

Steve >>

Many sellers got ridiculously greedy and there were some right here on these very boards that pulled that crap. I'm not sure, other than pure greed, what logical explanation there could be for doing so. It's not like MS was making the sellers pay for the percentage.

8% is ok if it's something you were going to buy anyways. 25% and more means it's time to start shopping for stuff you really don't need.image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    It's much tougher to get the discount link to show up.
    The only search that I can get to work is "Wii Ebay"
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    At 8% its almost impossible to find a great deal on cards since all of the buy it nows are grossly overpriced. I got over $1000 cashback when it was fluctauting between 20-35% and had no problems with waiting, etc.. I only had one instant cashback, but it was for the maximum $200.

I did a couple of transactions with members on the forum where they made a buy it now for me on ebay and got the 35% cashback. They were happy because they got a little more for their cards and I was happy because I paid way less.
  • Options
    I just used it for the first time.
    It was instant cashback! No wait.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    back to 8% again...better than nothing if you're buying anyway..
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Does this work for Best Offers?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does this work for Best Offers? >>

No.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The 9% didn't work right away (it wasn't showing up when you clicked on the ebay link), but now it's up and working. I love buying $500 Home Depot cards for less than $400!! image
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys searching on Live.com to get the link? The old reliable "Wii" isn't working for me.

Tabe
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    xbox live

worked for me
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    "wii fit ebay"
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    It's up to 10% now. "Rice Jersey" worked for me. At 10%, it's marginally worth it. I think I'll hold out until 15%, assuming it reaches there.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    It was 10% on Tuesday and my wife had a 10% ebay/paypal coupon. Bought some gold coins for less than melt image
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    Man I wish I got those ebay/paypal coupons more often. For me at least they are few and far between...
  • Options
    yeah, I never received those coupons, but I used my brother's coupon (he said he would never use it) and his account to buy a $500 Best Buy gift card. I also used ebay gift cards that I purchased from my local grocery store who offers "fuel perks" So after the cash back, the 10% coupon, and the $60 free fuel, I got the $500 card for about $340. image
  • Options
    If it goes back up to 30% like last year, it's freaking ON!!
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    hit a buy it now that I was going to buy anyway as it was a great deal and got an extra 9 bucks off and it was instant to my paypal account . that's what you call free money
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭

<< <i>If it goes back up to 30% like last year, it's freaking ON!! >>

Yeah I kick myself that I did not take advantage of it back then even more than I did...I kept thinking, "I'll get something else tomorrow" and then it was gone. Unlike some others, I did not have a problem getting my money back.
  • Options
    I made out like a bandit selling gift cards. With the "fuel perks" at the grocery store, I went over 4 months without having to pay for gas, and I drive a GMC Suburban with a 42 gallon tank! I would LOVE if it went up to at least 20%.
  • Options
    FYI, searching for "xbox live" just got me 12%.

Half way there.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I must have exhausted my cashback, because I get 1% on everything I try.
  • Options
    14% this morning.
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I must have exhausted my cashback, because I get 1% on everything I try. >>

Are you using firefox or internet explorer? When I use firefox I only get 1 or 2 percent. When I use IE I can get 14%.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I must have exhausted my cashback, because I get 1% on everything I try. >>

Are you using firefox or internet explorer? When I use firefox I only get 1 or 2 percent. When I use IE I can get 14%. >>

I just tried this - and with Firefox I don't get the cashback AT ALL. With IE, I get the 14%...

Tabe
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

I'm getting 14% with Firefox.
  • Options
    That did it! Thanks MDK.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm getting 14% with Firefox. >>

Same here.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Wait

How do you use cashback on eBay?
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    If you send a card back to an E-bay seller for refund, when do they take the cash back refund you received back ??

• Options

<< <i>And one more post to get rid of the unlucky number. >>

lol I just noticed all your posts in this thread are @ 730. lol How ?
    imageimageimage