Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bleah, what a letdown!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's been really, really rainy lately, hence my lack of posts, but I did get out and hunt around last night in my backyard. I went straight to the biggest tree I could find and got an overload signal. I dug down a few inches and struck what seemed (at the time) to be a metal box! Of course, I assumed it was full of Walking Liberty half dollars, but, in reality, it was an old pot roast pan.

Feh. imageP

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    Years ago there was a really big dog tied up to that tree, a really really big dog. The pan was used as a feeding dish. One day when the owner of the dog went out to feed him his mushy cereal, the big big dog attacked the man and severed all relations. The man set the dog free and the pan was left there to eventually be consumed by the earth. Then you came along and found it. Now you have a choice, bring it home and get a dog to feed or use it in your kitchen to roast meat in.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyote, did you recheck the hole after you took the roasting pan out?? Might have been something underneath it all... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Kiyote, did you recheck the hole after you took the roasting pan out?? Might have been something underneath it all... Cheers, RickO >>

I did-- that's what I was hoping for. image Alas, not a thing!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>Years ago there was a really big dog tied up to that tree, a really really big dog. The pan was used as a feeding dish. One day when the owner of the dog went out to feed him his mushy cereal, the big big dog attacked the man and severed all relations. The man set the dog free and the pan was left there to eventually be consumed by the earth. Then you came along and found it. Now you have a choice, bring it home and get a dog to feed or use it in your kitchen to roast meat in. >>

That's a heck of a good theory, actually! I remember my parents used old pans like that as dog food bowls, too. There's no way I'm gonna eat out of it, though. image