Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

High End Modern Card Group Break

Hi again guys. I have mentioned some of my group breaks before on this board and understanding the basis of PSA is around vintage collecting I understand if you have no interest in getting involved in this one but I thought I'd at least mention it here in case there are some modern card collectors that would like to get involved in a high end dual sport break.

I have run group breaks for well over a year and you can check out the website we use to organize the breaks as we have links to view all our past breaks as well as links to Youtube videos of some of the higher end stuff;

Boxbreakers

So the new break I am proposing is different format than we have ever done. It's also the biggest break we've ever done with close to $10,000 in wax in one group break covering the sports of Football and Baseball. Here's how it works;

We have 41 draft slots with each one varying in cost. The higher the draft pick the higher the cost. We start at $610 for the 1st pick and finish at $115 for the 41st pick. Once all slots are filled (we're over half way there already) we have our group break in which we break a product list of 41 higher end boxes...all on Youtube. Scans of the hits or any highlights are presented in a thread for viewing so you see all 41 boxes and their contents. Once all are opened and displayed... we hold our draft. The person who paid $610 for slot #1 selects which box they would like best (regardless of sport or product), and they get that box with every card in it. Then the person with slot #2 picks from among the remaining 40 boxes and gets that box...and so on. It's simply designed for the people that pay for the higher slots to get the boxes with AMAZING cards and if there are any boxes that are considered duds they would go to the people that only paid $115-120 which is about half of what it would cost for most of these boxes so even they get a deal. The product list is also designed to hopefully cut down on the possibility of a "dud" box.

Strategy also plays a role in what slot you choose as we have both Baseball products and Football products and a range of box values so you don't know if the people ahead of you will choose the BB box you really want and it could promote trading to move up to make a selection. So far the bulk of collectors in the higher slots are mostly FB collectors so I could easily see some of the top BB boxes dropping down the board to close to the purchase cost of the box. Why buy your own box and face a crapshoot of what you get when you can have a choice of maybe 16 or 17 of the top 20 BB boxes and for the same price know exactly what cards you are getting?

The product list is amazing. 41 high end boxes in all (20 Baseball and 21 Football), and all coming from sealed cases;

2008 Prime Cuts Baseball (15 box case and 5 box mini case --- 20 boxes in all!)
2006 Exquisite Football (3 box case)
2007 Exquisite Football (3 box case)
2007 National Treasures Football (two 6 box cases - 12 boxes in all)
2008 National Treasures (3 box case)

This is not designed for any profit to me as if you add up all the slot funds it equals the cost of the cases plus paypal and shipping fees.

As with any break...I'm sure there are doubters out there and all I can do to reassure you is to ask that you look the site over and if you want to talk to any of the participants just look at any of the past breaks and just pick one out. I'm sure they'll be glad to tell you about their experience with the group. If your wondering why should I pay you to open my box of cards... because by doing this as a group we can allow you a choice of cards to make sure you get the best box for you rather than take a chance on what you'll get in one box on your own. The break will be a blast to watch but so will the draft that follows as I do expect some movement among slots through trade offers, etc... and that's what collecting cards is all about...trading with each other and helping each other build our own PC's by aquiring the cards that mean the most to us.

If interested you can look on the site on the Misc Case Breaks page for the BIG BREAK as I'm calling it as that page has the available slots and the costs associated with the slots along with more details on the actual process. If you want in...feel free to PM me. If it's not for you...thanks for the read and I appreciate your time.

Comments

• Options
    Without reading all that, how many packs do I get to open with my own hands?
  • Options
    I knew that would be the most often asked question which is why I addressed that. Don't worry I won't ask you to find it. The answer is none. My question back to you would be how many boxes would you get to choose from if you went out and tried to buy one of the high end products on the list for $150?
  • Options

<< <i>The answer is none >>

I believe this was the problem when you tried this last week.

<< <i>My question back to you would be how many boxes would you get to choose from if you went out and tried to buy one of the high end products on the list for $150? >>

My answer, probably any of them that BBCE has.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    All of the value is in opening the packs.
    I would pay $100 to open $2000 in high end wax knowing i cant keep any of the cards.
  • Options
    You have your interests in vintage (which I'm sure most here do) however if you did have any interest in modern products...I don't think you'd be able to even buy a box of any of these for $150 let alone have a choice from among 10 or so boxes where you know which box would be best for you.

You are comparison makes no sense in this case but obviously you have no interest in this kind of break and that's fine. Perhaps others do...perhaps they don't. I'm over half way to filling the slots so I do believe it will happen, and if it fits the needs of some collectors here then that can only be a good thing. If it doesn't, I at least appreciate the time you take to read over the proposal.
  • Options

<< <i>All of the value is in opening the packs.
    I would pay $100 to open $2000 in high end wax knowing i cant keep any of the cards. >>

I concur. If I just wanted to watch someone else open packs, there are thousands of videos on Youtube.
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! I think the idea is really cool, and certainly there are a bunch of modern collectors around here. I just enjoy ripping too much to give up the fun of it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>All of the value is in opening the packs.
    I would pay $100 to open $2000 in high end wax knowing i cant keep any of the cards. >>

I concur. If I just wanted to watch someone else open packs, there are thousands of videos on Youtube. >>

I find it hard to believe that watching a video of someone opening a box of cards holds the same entertainment value for you as watching someone open 41 high end boxes knowing that you get to choose which one of those boxes you want to keep for yourself? If that's the case... your a good cheap date!

I understand the idea is not for you and I'm OK with that. Not trying to convince every collector this is the break for them...merely putting out an option that make work for some (and has worked for many I might add which is why our monthly groups are continually full). What's works for some won't work for all and I get that.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Charlie, I'm not in a position to be involved, but I think you're being a little too ambitious on this. If you want to do a high end modern break, why not just split a case of exquisite with a few board members and try to knock off a few bucks from Blowout or BBCE?
  • Options

<< <i>Charlie, I'm not in a position to be involved, but I think you're being a little too ambitious on this. If you want to do a high end modern break, why not just split a case of exquisite with a few board members and try to knock off a few bucks from Blowout or BBCE? >>

I understand the ambitious thought and I promise this is not overcompensation for other personal shortcomings (I know someone would eventually comment on that). I don't want you to think this is my first break. I don't want to come off as bragging but the group I do these breaks with does this all the time. Granted not on this scale but between the monthly groups we have we probably break about $5,000 each month so this is not that big of a jump. We just finished a break last night and have one next week with a case of 2007 National Treasures and a case of 2008 national Treasures (plus one more box) for 10 boxes in all. We do this all the time but I wanted to try a different format where we mix Football collectors with Baseball collectors to make for an interesting draft experience.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Granted not on this scale but between the monthly groups we have we probably break about $5,000 each month so this is not that big of a jump. >>

I'm going to be very blunt.

If you have so many satisfied participants, have an established rep with said participants, and no problem busting $5k boxes monthly, why in the he|| do you need to "spam" these on CU?

To my knowledge, no one here knows who you are. Provide some references (ie eBay alias, transactions with fellow CU members, ect) and maybe the tone will change.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    i will concur with vito has wisdom and common sense beyond his relatively young years image
  • Options
    how about this....

im going to start a PSA Mutual fund, you all send me cash, unmarked bills and il "invest" it in unopened boxes of 1988 topps and i will guarantee a 10% return on an annual basis.

Regards

Bernier "The Hammer" Madoff.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Granted not on this scale but between the monthly groups we have we probably break about $5,000 each month so this is not that big of a jump. >>

I'm going to be very blunt.

If you have so many satisfied participants, have an established rep with said participants, and no problem busting $5k boxes monthly, why in the he|| do you need to "spam" these on CU?

To my knowledge, no one here knows who you are. Provide some references (ie eBay alias, transactions with fellow CU members, ect) and maybe the tone will change. >>

I am fine with inquiries about my background. As for why I put this out there for CU members, while I have our monthly groups filled...it's mostly with FB collectors and it's with a range of costs to each person from $50-$115. To fill 41 slots that are all priced above what they usually pay for a smaller budget break is asking alot. I've filled over half the slots and am confidant we'll fill the rest but in my mind any group breaker should continue to seek out interested participants as new members present the chance to trade with and get to know other collectors. I hope that never becomes a bad thing.

As for my background I haven't done alot of trading here (a few sales of 67-68T Fb to Xbaggypants and a few other small things like that) but I have 100% feedback on Ebay with about 1300 points (all from selling) and my ID is TCBen2002 if you'd like to check it out. If I am allowed to reference another site, you can look at Trading Card Central.com where I have been active in hosting our group breaks and even hosting free case breaks for my participants for my appreciation for their continued patronage. I do this alot and I run a good clean efficient break which is why I have people coming back continually. The fact that I'm seeking out new members is simply to help the group thrive by filling as many slots as we can and introducing new collectors to the rest of the guys in our group which will hopefully encourage some trading and comraderie amongst fellow collectors.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    These group breaks are getting pretty popular over on the FCB. The idea is sort of like a lottery. What they do over on the boards is buy a case of something
    usually pretty decent and there are say 32 slots, one for each baseball team. As you can imagine divided into that many spots means you are only kicking in
    30 or 40 bucks for a case of action. Teams are pulled out of a hat and you get one team, and any cards pulled from that team you get.

This was also done with some higher end boxes....namely the oval office edition...2000 bucks per box. The idea would be that whatever the cut sold for
    that would be divided as cash to everyone who invested.

The problem I see with Charlie9's proposition is that the product selection isn't very good. The breaks I have seen on the FCB are products that are
    1) low in cost, maybe 70-80/box and 2) easy to sell quick, products like bowman chrome draft and Elite. When I look at your "amazing" list, I see
    a bunch of products that came out with very high costs, but were not worth it. On line dealers were practically giving away 07 NT a few months ago. That
    rookie class has proved to be a bust and most of the products that you are ripping are from that year and while the first pick looks good on paper, at 610
    dollars you would have to do VERY well to get even your money back. It would be better to spread out the cost so that everyone pays the same and then
    draw an order. The main principle of these rips is that you have a chance to do very well, with very little invested!

You should really start smaller and try to pick up steam with this. I don't see any value in this, as the top spots are not going to make their money back
    and the bottom spots are going to get killed, as the drop off with all these products is severe, especially with football.

Good Luck with it!

Kevin
  • Options
    I respectfully disagree. We run a similiar style of break as you mention in our monthly breaks that we hold. Usually a range of products including alot of $80 per box products mixed with a few $200 per box products. I must say in the last year of running monthly breaks, by far the most popular product is 2007 National Treasures. The hits in this product reach far beyone the rookies (including Adrian Peterson) that you can get as it's filled with HOF autos and memorabilia. I understand that everyone has their own opinion but I am just speaking from the feedback I get from my group that want 07NT to be included in every break. Mix in the RC products of Exquisite and then 20 boxes of Prime Cuts BB I feel it's about as a safe break as possible to make sure that everyone (or the most people as possible) come away happy with what they get to choose from in the slot they chose (and thusly in the money they spent).

The cheaper monthly breaks work great and I will continue those each month, but I wanted to try this "draft style" break mixing the collectors of two sports to see how it goes and I feel pretty good about the way it's designed.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I would deffinetly like to watch the group break. I find all of the enjoyment out of pack breaks from opening them myself. I guess if you doing it more for the investment purpose, your way is probably better. The only problem I see is that you have to drop some major coin to get a decent pick.
  • Options

<< <i>I respectfully disagree. We run a similiar style of break as you mention in our monthly breaks that we hold. Usually a range of products including alot of $80 per box products mixed with a few $200 per box products. I must say in the last year of running monthly breaks, by far the most popular product is 2007 National Treasures. The hits in this product reach far beyone the rookies (including Adrian Peterson) that you can get as it's filled with HOF autos and memorabilia. I understand that everyone has their own opinion but I am just speaking from the feedback I get from my group that want 07NT to be included in every break. Mix in the RC products of Exquisite and then 20 boxes of Prime Cuts BB I feel it's about as a safe break as possible to make sure that everyone (or the most people as possible) come away happy with what they get to choose from in the slot they chose (and thusly in the money they spent).

The cheaper monthly breaks work great and I will continue those each month, but I wanted to try this "draft style" break mixing the collectors of two sports to see how it goes and I feel pretty good about the way it's designed. >>

You may be able to justify the products but the pricing is still way off. I would be curious to see what the top 10 picks have to pay. There might be one or
    two boxes worthy of the top spot but the fall off will be way too much for anyone to do good on this. If I opened 10 boxes of 07 NT, 1 of them might net
    me more than 500 bucks, but 5-6 of them would net me less than 200 bucks, plus most of the major pulls, cuts and 1/1's have already been pulled.

I'm thinking this might be a tough sell, especially here where vintage rules, but you seem to have a lot of people willing to take the "plunge".

no pun intended!

Kevin
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm thinking this might be a tough sell, especially here where vintage rules, but you seem to have a lot of people willing to take the "plunge". >>

Can't believe JS said something that made me laugh.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I would deffinetly like to watch the group break. I find all of the enjoyment out of pack breaks from opening them myself. I guess if you doing it more for the investment purpose, your way is probably better. The only problem I see is that you have to drop some major coin to get a decent pick. >>

Your right in that the top slots cost quite a bit but we also have 16 slots that are priced less than it costs to go out and buy the same box for yourself so there are deals to be had. The product list is designed to try to guarantee that each box will be as strong as possible. All 3 brands are known for consistently good content so hopefully even people with low picks at "reletively" cheap costs will benefit.

Our normal monthly breaks are designed not so much for "investment" purposes but more so for team collectors. Those groups are set up where you "claim" a team and you get every card pulled from your team. It's a great way for team collectors to build their collections and be exposed to a variety of different products at far cheaper than it would be to buy just a single one of the boxes on their own and maybe pull just a card or two from their team. This one is a complete departure from that but I felt it was time to try something new. I've done a group break with Prime Cuts but it was tough to fill by team assignments as of course everyone wants the Yankees and Red Sox and then it's tough to fill the other teams. This new format allows for everyone to have a shot at the Mantle or Gehrig Cut Auto instead of the Yankees owner.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I respectfully disagree. We run a similiar style of break as you mention in our monthly breaks that we hold. Usually a range of products including alot of $80 per box products mixed with a few $200 per box products. I must say in the last year of running monthly breaks, by far the most popular product is 2007 National Treasures. The hits in this product reach far beyone the rookies (including Adrian Peterson) that you can get as it's filled with HOF autos and memorabilia. I understand that everyone has their own opinion but I am just speaking from the feedback I get from my group that want 07NT to be included in every break. Mix in the RC products of Exquisite and then 20 boxes of Prime Cuts BB I feel it's about as a safe break as possible to make sure that everyone (or the most people as possible) come away happy with what they get to choose from in the slot they chose (and thusly in the money they spent).

The cheaper monthly breaks work great and I will continue those each month, but I wanted to try this "draft style" break mixing the collectors of two sports to see how it goes and I feel pretty good about the way it's designed. >>

You may be able to justify the products but the pricing is still way off. I would be curious to see what the top 10 picks have to pay. There might be one or
    two boxes worthy of the top spot but the fall off will be way too much for anyone to do good on this. If I opened 10 boxes of 07 NT, 1 of them might net
    me more than 500 bucks, but 5-6 of them would net me less than 200 bucks, plus most of the major pulls, cuts and 1/1's have already been pulled.

I'm thinking this might be a tough sell, especially here where vintage rules, but you seem to have a lot of people willing to take the "plunge".

no pun intended!

Kevin >>

I hear you. Remember though that the top 9 boxes (in cost anyway) are Exquisite and 08 National Treasures. 2007 National Treasures may not even come into play until pick 9 or 10 or even later depending on what Prime Cuts boxes get picked early. The top 12 slots are already claimed (as are the bottom 9) so it's the middle that is the tough sell. This is the cost per slot breakdown;

1. $610
    2. $495
    3. $450
    4. $410
    5. $390
    6. $370
    7. $350
    8. $340
    9. $330
    10. $320
  • Options
    Exquisite is just as lean as 07 NT, if anything the 08 NT will be the top boxes. There is still too much cost on the slots. I really can't see how people are going
    to be happy with this break. Good Luck anyways!

Kevin
  • Options
    The big problem for me would be(besides the no job thingy) would be with all the products on your list
    there is a total of roughly 200 cards when all those are ripped. Now i would be highly pissed if i got in
    this break and didnt get some good hits.

Several months ago , before i lost job , me and the girlfried sat here and ripped a case of A&G and a case
    of upper deck Icons and a couple other random cheap boxes and had one dandy of a time , the point is
    its not all about what you get for hits rather the opening that yeilded the fun

It kinda takes the fun away if you pay for cards that you dont even get to open. If im paying , i am ripping
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    I totally understand that. The way I run my breaks is that we have a lead up to the break and all view it at the same time so there is plenty of "participating" along the way even if it isn't the actual opening of the packs. Still, that's the only way to effectively run a break where each person gets all the cards from one team to help their team collections.

In this proposed break however, you know you're getting hits as you are getting the whole box with every card in it. Each of these boxes is loaded with at least 5-6 hits just based on the product itself.

I agree it's fun to open the packs...that's why I put all this work into it in the first place...so I can break all this wax and build my own teams' PC along the way as a participant.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Sign me up for 20 slots pleez k thz bye
  • Options

<< <i>Sign me up for 20 slots pleez k thz bye >>

Congrats! For taking 20 slots you also get the free Ginsu knife set!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    For 20 slots you can haz cheezburger.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>Exquisite is just as lean as 07 NT, if anything the 08 NT will be the top boxes. There is still too much cost on the slots. I really can't see how people are going
    to be happy with this break. >>

Just one friggin time could you post something, anything positive. No matter what the topic of the thread is about, you post something negative. Just go back to your miserable horn sucking (or blowing, whichever you prefer) life and quit posting negative thoughts.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Exquisite is just as lean as 07 NT, if anything the 08 NT will be the top boxes. There is still too much cost on the slots. I really can't see how people are going

Just one friggin time could you post something, anything positive. No matter what the topic of the thread is about, you post something negative. Just go back to your miserable horn sucking (or blowing, whichever you prefer) life and quit posting negative thoughts. >>

Seriously. The man posts facts. Maybe he should change his name to NikitaKhrushchev, because he was a little more well received in the west. If Kevin posts something about mdern cards, he is pretty plugged into the "scene". ."""""1"""""
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i post the truth too- maddog outimage
  • Options
    I am in. What's next.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just one friggin time could you post something, anything positive. No matter what the topic of the thread is about, you post something negative. Just go back to your miserable horn sucking (or blowing, whichever you prefer) life and quit posting negative thoughts. >>

Seriously. The man posts facts. Maybe he should change his name to NikitaKhrushchev, because he was a little more well received in the west. If Kevin posts something about mdern cards, he is pretty plugged into the "scene". ."""""1""""" >>

I tend to agree that 08NT will probably be the first of the boxes to go unless we get a nice Cutler or Peterson Auto Patch in Exquisite. The Exquisite will be close behind with a few boxes of 07NT and Prime Cuts sprinkled in the top 12 as well based on if we hit some nice cut autos or so forth. I would say that before you pass judgement on the price structure you look at the full 41 slot layout on my website. I am no beginner at this and strongly feel it presents the best price structure for this draft style of break. Will everyone come away happy? Probably not...but my educated guess is that more will walk away satisfied than any other kind of group break that I've seen where a couple people hit it big and the others get skunked.

So far 27 slots filled and 14 more to go!
  • Options

<< <i>I am in. What's next. >>

PM sent.

30 slots filled...11 left to go!
  • Options
    Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    Just an update that we have started our BIG BREAK. We had the first part last night with two cases of 2007 National Treasures. Saturday we continue with another case of 2008 National Treasures and two cases of Exquisite FB, and then wrap up Sunday with 18 boxes of Prime Cuts BB. Here's a few highlights of the first 12 boxes (out of 39 total in the break);

• Options
    Thought i'd update with some highlights from the last 2 days of our BIG BREAK. On a side note the break was noted in the NY Times article from last week. Here's the link if you have interest;

NY Times Article

Day 2 consisted of the 08NT and Exquisite Cases. Some nice stuff including several 1/1's...

This one is a #1/1 RC Auto Patch;

another #1/1;

This was the highlight of the box that went with draft pick #1...

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my cup of tea, but nice stuff - and thanks for sharing. While most guys here would rather do their own thing, the idea appeals to some and as such provides a service. To each their own.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Here are some of the highlights from the Prime Cuts portion;

• Options
    Sorry.........but your point is??????

I would rather have a 1960 Mantle and Aaron in grade 8 anyday over all those cards combined !!
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry.........but your point is??????

I would rather have a 1960 Mantle and Aaron in grade 8 anyday over all those cards combined !! >>

Thanks for sharing what your interests are. I am interested in vintage as well but also find these modern cards worth looking at as well so I thought I'd "share them". That sir is my point. Enjoy or look away...but the forums are for sharing our hobby. If you have different interests than I do there are plenty of other posts to take part in.
  • Options
    I will apologize for the way i came across earlier . Although there does seem to be some nice cards there , i would rather have vintage . Just my opinion . I would rather have my auto's on balls ot jerseys . That being said , good luck with your breaks
  • Options
    No problem...I respect the fact that other people have different interests yet we are all part of the same hobby. I didn't mean to be so quick to be defensive but it seems on this board that I spend more time "defending" my interests rather than sharing them so I may have jumped the gun a bit in my reply as well.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........it seems on this board that I spend more time "defending" my interests rather than sharing them so I may have jumped the gun a bit in my reply as well. >>

Then why do you keep trying to sell the idea to the members here when you are met with such overwhelming opposition?
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    hey...I love watching your breaks, actually one of my favorite threads...if the colts are available please pm me
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Charlie,
    I just paypaled you $3,200. Please buy some product and email me a list of what you pulled for me. Thanks.

Lee
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    Some cool stuff in there, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Charlie,
    I just paypaled you $3,200. Please buy some product and email me a list of what you pulled for me. Thanks.

Lee >>

• Options
    I think I've only posted three "group break" propositions in the 3 years or so I have been a member here so I would hope I am not over my limit. What I was talking about was the interest I have in modern cards. Yes, I collect vintage, and yes I have posted some of my vintage finds and shared some of those interests that I have... yet I also have interest in modern cards and "I feel the need" to be able to share that part of my hobby as well.

I realize this will bring on far more criticism than it's worth (and will eventually get the thread locked) but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll say it... more times than not this board is patroled by such a "good old boys' network that if you post any kind of a new interest or heaven forbid you are a new member to the board you are met with so many "unkind or smart alec remarks" that many don't bother continuing to post. I have had some good exchanges and made deals with several great people on this board so I don't want to over-generalize but compared to the other boards I have belonged to this one is by far the most "aggressive" as far as certain members who go out of their way to make other members feel unwelcome unless they are one of the "regulars" on the site. That's one mans opinion and you can take it for what it's worth (insert joke here) but I'll continue to post my hobby interests not only because it belongs here but also if for no reason other than to not let the trollers chase yet another collector away from a site that can often times be a joy to read as I like to share in other peoples "finds" as well as learn from some of you who are far more knowledgable than me regarding vintage material.

OK...let the barage begin!
  • Options

<< <i>hey...I love watching your breaks, actually one of my favorite threads...if the colts are available please pm me >>

Thanks...I also like to watch the breaks you do here as well. You've pulled some nice stuff!
  • Options
    Some nice cards even though this represents only the cream of the crop. That Ben will get serious money, much more than any one person paid. A few weaker
    cuts, all those guys have on card sigs. The Dimaggio is nice also, even though the design is bad, donruss has assured themselves that they can produce any
    card or any player with their back log of stickers.

After the first couple of cards, the drop off will be huge, even Montana autos don't get alot now a days. That Ben is crazy. Thanks for sharing, was everyone in
    the rip happy?

Kevin
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Charlie, I dont collect much modern stuff, But I enjoy hearing about and seeing the breaks, so I hope you continue to post the bigger pulls from your group breaks.